Quantcast

∆π∆ middle FTS gmt ∆π∆

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Last day with this view out my cubical area's window, as my company is ditching the Freedom Tower for cheaper, smaller, more soulless space in some anonymous midtown office tower. No more daily reminders of when everything in the world went pear shaped. No more walking past tourists taking kissy-face peace-sign selfies in front of a mass grave. And sure, my DNA is on record with homeland security just for the privilege of working in this giant glass phallus thrusting upward from the crotch of capitalism. It's a small price to pay compared to the high prices I pay just to eat lunch around here. Meanwhile, my company is downsizing its per sq ft and human capital footprint, hiking up its proverbial skirt and thrusting out its pert breasts in order to appear fiscally attractive enough to be bought asap.

Happy god damn hump day, internet people.

View attachment 136634
i was going to try and look you up when i was supposed to see the stone roses at msg a couple of years ago....sadly....my train was about 4-5 hours late lfrom charlotte....

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Well shit, I may be moving. A certain insideous very large company came out of the either and is seriously wooing my wife to come work for them. We would be relocating to east side of the Puget Sound. I should know by the middle of September.

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
Mornin!

Yesterday wasn't the day, so perhaps today is. FIL is being very particular about hiding anything and everything in the drywall seams, which is a very laborious process.

In other news, time to get to the archery shop and get my bow dialed in. Whitetail season is only a month away.
Sand it and prime it most of what he is seeing will go away then fix what's left

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I will not be doing that. And no we will not be in Seattle. Probably move to the area around Monroe or Snohomish
I have a buddy from college in that neck of the woods you'd get along well with. Biker, hiker, general outdoors dude. If this comes to pass I can put you in touch if you're interested.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I will not be doing that. And no we will not be in Seattle. Probably move to the area around Monroe or Snohomish
You would fit in with your truck. Traffic can actually be worse up there than in Seattle. More affordable housing for for people working in Everett and Seattle, so lots of commuters hitting roads without the infrastructure for it.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
So the XT groupset without cranks is about $200, I need to try that out.
I've got an 11 speed XT cassette 11-42 that I think is still useable, yours for the price of postage if it will help out and if it skips and doesn't work I'll refund the postage.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
These are 26 as well. I was thinking a 32x11-44 would be really nice.

Ok, stupid question time. I currently have the OG Evil SRS but noticed no such device on most everything now. Do I keep it with the 1x11 because why not, or is it not really needed?
I'm 32-11/42. You'll be fine on a 44

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
if you need a bash consider the MRP AMG. Top guide + bash taco, nothing extra.
new chainring design and clutch derailleurs have made dropped chains a rarity. (ymmv)
One Up guide is another good one, wife just put one on her trail bike.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
All of that shit anywhere near RF makes me laugh anytime I have to drive up 93.
I was inside the RF facility several times in the late 80s. Living near that place? FTS.
Though good times were had at the RF Lounge.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Tiger Mtn is still fun. Guys riding their enderpo bikes up still look like they are about to die.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I thought it was a fire?
That’s correct but efforts to get back up and running failed. Owner of RFL is looking for new location. Building just opened back up as RF Grill or some bullshit and doesn’t have a liquor license yet.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Sounds like a good time, a week isn't enough time to go from SLC to the coast and back to Boise. You taking bikes?
West coast == definitely not East coast, not actually driving to the coast. :D No bikes, wife is not a biker and I can't imagine flying with bikes and then traveling with them in rental cars. We're gonna go SLC -> Jackson Hole -> Yellowstone -> Sawtooth NF -> BOI, details to be worked out. That said, @rideit will you be up for a beer or eight on Monday night? :brows:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
West coast == definitely not East coast, not actually driving to the coast. :D No bikes, wife is not a biker and I can't imagine flying with bikes and then traveling with them in rental cars. We're gonna go SLC -> Jackson Hole -> Yellowstone -> Sawtooth NF -> BOI, details to be worked out. That said, @rideit will you be up for a beer or eight on Monday night? :brows:
Right on, sorry to hear you won't be taking bikes.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
... Jackson Hole -> Yellowstone -> will you be up for a beer or eight on Monday night? :brows:
Great, now I'm thirsty for 8 beers...

Similarly Reach out if you're exiting YNP via West Yellowstone.

I have some CO buddies visiting this weekend so already camping in the Beartooth but' I'll be back in Island Park ID (~25 mins from West Yellowstone) on Monday or Tuesday but probably not free from guests til Weds...

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Great, now I'm thirsty for 8 beers...

Similarly Reach out if you're exiting YNP via West Yellowstone.

I have some CO buddies visiting this weekend so already camping in the Beartooth but' I'll be back in Island Park ID (~25 mins from West Yellowstone) on Monday or Tuesday but probably not free from guests til Weds...
I am staying overnight in Island Park on Wed, just booked my bed. Will PM you soon.