Quantcast

∆∆∆ Thursderp GMT ∆∆∆

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
man, that's impressive. One of my buddies was a volunteer motorcycle dude at the race. I was going to ask him tonight about the humidity-induced carnage... it was so hot here over this weekend, (as a non-athlete) I thought they might cancel the even for safety reasons. Your lady is hardcore, hats off.
Yeah, it was a pretty rough day for a race, let alone an Ironman. The heat started to get to her in the second half of the bike, and the run took her an hour longer than expected. She earned every ounce of that finisher's medal. It couldn't have been too bad though because she's already planning a do-over next year. I had a lot of fun standing around for 18 hours, taking pics of everyone in our tri club and just soaking in the vibe. They know how to run an event, that's for sure.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Afternoon gents! Slaving away in the office today, and stoked that I shook off the hangover I thought I would have before I even got the kiddo to daycare!

They were picking jerseys out for football and Lucas said he wants to be #25 and play safety just like Richard Sherman. Because they are both pretty skinny and can take those big boys DOWN! It's so flippin' cute to me! Ahh kids.

Hang in there work crew, the weekend is on the way!

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Oo, dudes, question. If you were to receive a gift from your woman and it needed to be made out of wood (anniversary), would either of these be considered awesome? How about something similar, made by said woman? And if they suck balls, do you have any other ideas? ....And why on earth would a guy agree that the term "suck balls" is a bad thing? I mean, do we have to include "while humming" to make that good?
(a)

(b)

Oo, dudes, question. If you were to receive a gift from your woman and it needed to be made out of wood (anniversary), would either of these be considered awesome? How about something similar, made by said woman? And if they suck balls, do you have any other ideas? ....And why on earth would a guy agree that the term "suck balls" is a bad thing? I mean, do we have to include "while humming" to make that good?
(a)

(b)
My apologies up front, but I'd rate both of those as tacky.

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
^^so... other suggestions? They have to be wood. I just got him a longboard for his b-day, I don't know why I didn't wait 3 months--DOH! :homer:

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
The must be gender differences at play here (don't tell Target!), which is why I asked! I thought about something along the lines of that tool box, but he has nice ones already, and I'm not sure that all the crap laying around on the tool bench would go in something like this. A useful gift would certainly be better than decorative, and we don't do decorations that sit on surfaces anymore. I'll do some poking around....

Ok, up for more suggestions if anyone has 'em!

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Bike storage?
That's on the list, but as a requirement for my wo-cave! We had this metal thing that was mounted to the wall, and the bike hooks attached like a store display. Apparently they were recalled... just after the bike weight (which was under the thing was rated for) became too much and it ripped off the wall. We have too many bikes and not enough wall space to do those wooden hipster wall mounts:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
'Morning. Got back from Canada late last night after MtnBikerChk took care of a small matter of completing an Ironman Sunday at Mont-Trembl
The must be gender differences at play here (don't tell Target!), which is why I asked! I thought about something along the lines of that tool box, but he has nice ones already, and I'm not sure that all the crap laying around on the tool bench would go in something like this. A useful gift would certainly be better than decorative, and we don't do decorations that sit on surfaces anymore. I'll do some poking around....

Ok, up for more suggestions if anyone has 'em!

Then of course you could just give him 'wood' and a means of doing something with it.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Evening. Built 17 miles if fencing from last week and this week. Mix that with the shit air quality right now and it makes for one tired mofo. On the plus side, I find myself shooting an accurate 1/2 minute at 200 yards