Quantcast

∆♪∆ sunderped gmt ∆♪∆

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Wasn't talking about you boo thang. The baseboard trim job (not done by me) had me irritated. It looks okay after caulking, but I expect things to look great before caulking.

Before:
View attachment 174445

After:
View attachment 174446

This is the worst of the corners, but I'm demanding.
Ashley's dad?

Unrelated, my younger son has shit in the tub during 4 of the last 7 baths I think it is. Which is the percentage and sample size I think I needed to convince myself he's doing it on purpose.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Ashley's dad?

Unrelated, my younger son has shit in the tub during 4 of the last 7 baths I think it is. Which is the percentage and sample size I think I needed to convince myself he's doing it on purpose.
Yep.

You should binge on McDs, ice cream, and coffee, then show him how a real man shits in the tub. But time he learns how to waffle stomp anyway if this is gonna be a trend.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Wrenched on bikes, drank beer, cooked for sick wife, tested negative. I should be doing some yahd wahk but fuckit.

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Wrenched on bikes, drank beer, cooked for sick wife, tested negative. I should be doing some yahd wahk but fuckit.
I am convinced that there is a fake Covid going around that is low enough to be antigen negative and easily recoverable but similarly contagious. I got sick, as did the entirety of my family, with something that wiped us out, caused a cough and runny nose, then lingered for a couple weeks. We are mostly all back to normal now, but I have noticed that my recovery seems slower than previous weeks.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I am convinced that there is a fake Covid going around that is low enough to be antigen negative and easily recoverable but similarly contagious. I got sick, as did the entirety of my family, with something that wiped us out, caused a cough and runny nose, then lingered for a couple weeks. We are mostly all back to normal now, but I have noticed that my recovery seems slower than previous weeks.
The Flu perhaps ?

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Yep, something like that is definitely going around.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Wasn't talking about you boo thang. The baseboard trim job (not done by me) had me irritated. It looks okay after caulking, but I expect things to look great before caulking.

Before:
View attachment 174445

After:
View attachment 174446

This is the worst of the corners, but I'm demanding.
As a new homeowner the easiest thing to do is lower your standards.

Besides - kids and dogs are going to destroy EVERYTHING anyways...

:homer:

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Parents came by for dinner, brought a bunch of my old toys for the kiddo. He scored a sweet Buzz Lightyear and Ham from when Toy Story first came out.
F8C35A2E-86F1-49D3-A604-A284AE65ED74.jpeg

There was also two of these, any monkey nerds want some vintage shit before it hits eBay?
9943E964-E187-443C-B5FF-023502906C2D.jpeg

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
caulking can only do so much for a short time with a big crack like that
Mmm, I know, and that's why it still bothers me. Somebody assumed that the walls were square, which they never are, so lots of the copes are incorrectly cut. Now, this isn't a problem, cause you can usually shim things or space to match, but this wasn't done either.

Trim is one of those finishing touches that to me, should be done with every expectation of perfection.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Parents came by for dinner, brought a bunch of my old toys for the kiddo. He scored a sweet Buzz Lightyear and Ham from when Toy Story first came out. View attachment 174457

There was also two of these, any monkey nerds want some vintage shit before it hits eBay?
View attachment 174456
i have the same gameboy, although cleaner. pulled it out a few weeks ago, put in fresh batteries, fired right up. i could potentially be interested so my kids won't fight over the one i have, what games you got?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Mmm, I know, and that's why it still bothers me. Somebody assumed that the walls were square, which they never are, so lots of the copes are incorrectly cut. Now, this isn't a problem, cause you can usually shim things or space to match, but this wasn't done either.

Trim is one of those finishing touches that to me, should be done with every expectation of perfection.
once your kid starts moving your only trim related thoughts will be "thank goodness its still attached to the wall"

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
once your kid starts moving your only trim related thoughts will be "thank goodness its still attached to the wall"
Maybe. Or maybe I'll be crippled with the fear that she's at that level, will notice the gaps and ask who around here can't properly cut a baseboard.

She did start scooting last night, so I fear crawling is immenent.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark

it drives me nuts when it’s not because it’s extra work later on that never ends

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
i have the same gameboy, although cleaner. pulled it out a few weeks ago, put in fresh batteries, fired right up. i could potentially be interested so my kids won't fight over the one i have, what games you got?
Gotta dig around in the boxes a bit and see what else is in there, Tetris and Yoshi's cookies for sure. Was never much into video games, so odds are I won't have a ton of games.

Maybe. Or maybe I'll be crippled with the fear that she's at that level, will notice the gaps and ask who around here can't properly cut a baseboard.
My kid is chaos incarnate and he hasn't done anything that comes close to damaging the baseboards, don't let the fearmongers get to you.

I should post pics of some of the excellent trim work in my new place to make you feel better. Even on 12" long walls there's goddamn seams where they butted up two pieces of trim. How they shit did they not just find a 13" piece and trim to fit? Long walls, short walls, they all have seams, MDF base is like $0.75/ft and comes 16' long, just buy another piece.

The truly baffling thing about yours though is that it's coped. That's a decently pro level method, but you've got some very Etsy-mom level fitment.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
My kid is chaos incarnate and he hasn't done anything that comes close to damaging the baseboards, don't let the fearmongers get to you.
Not chaotic enough then.

Dents/gouges in baseboard, holes in drywall and chunks taken out of window trim are a not-uncommon occurrence. And my boys are only almost 5/1.5yo. I imagine the carnage to increase accordingly.