Quantcast

∆=∆ I Sat on a Turd Day ∆=∆

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

I signed up for a 3 hour sewing class at the rec center. I bought a sewing machine that is still in the sealed box, so maybe I can learn what to do with it. I need to make window coverings for Frita, so if I spend $200 on a machine and $40 on a class, I can save myself $50 making them myself. Should be interesting

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Welp, this road to Jackson ain’t gonna drive itself. C’mon @Nick were you at? Let’s goooooooo

OK, who in Maine won $1.3B on mega millions last night?
Dammit! I’m in a pool for that and the guy buying the tickets is not from Maine so… not me?

Morning Monkeys.

I signed up for a 3 hour sewing class at the rec center. I bought a sewing machine that is still in the sealed box, so maybe I can learn what to do with it. I need to make window coverings for Frita, so if I spend $200 on a machine and $40 on a class, I can save myself $50 making them myself. Should be interesting
And then you can fix stuff when it rips, which is kinda cool.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello peoples

71 81 minutes of snuggles (and some tickles) with mainly kid 2 and a bit of guest appearance from kid 3 the last bit. A good start to the day

Costco after lunch. Exercise this morning while the kids all get haircuts.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
If anyone watches proper football and is a Man City fan

:yes::banana:

(Man Utd just beat them)

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Finally got to play with the new hub and spokes, and the darned flange holes in the Vesper are too small for the Ti bladed spokes, 2.3mm holes vs 2.5mm blade diameter. :banghead: They fit in my other hub just fine.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Slept in because I fucking needed to. Been proofing sourdough overnight so I should get around to baking bread sometime today. In the meantime sipping espresso and watching the rain pour down. phone alert just came through for an area flood warning. It's good to live on high ground. Looks like it going to be a gym day (weekend).

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Took the girls to see "Chicago" on stage last night. Wife and I have seen it before, but the child had not. We all had a good time. Up way too late for me. Dragging this morning. Super nice out, I should probably do some yard work.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
did you know that TRP TTV aero v brakes require special "pin-retained" brake shoes and that TRP also doesn't sell those anymore?? Neither did I.... Looks like I may have to order the backup pair just to get my hands on those.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
did you know that TRP TTV aero v brakes require special "pin-retained" brake shoes and that TRP also doesn't sell those anymore?? Neither did I.... Looks like I may have to order the backup pair just to get my hands on those.
That seems suboptimal.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Dumping snow. Huh.

Love watching the people who took 12hrs to do a 3hr drive last night aimlessly wander around the neighborhood because they thought roads and ski areas are open in 100mph winds and 50ft visibility. And that they'd be able to drive their bald ass tires out of the driveway of their airbnbs with a foot of new snow :rofl:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
Dumping snow. Huh.

Love watching the people who took 12hrs to do a 3hr drive last night aimlessly wander around the neighborhood because they thought roads and ski areas are open in 100mph winds and 50ft visibility. And that they'd be able to drive their bald ass tires out of the driveway of their airbnbs with a foot of new snow :rofl:
too funny. Back in my Skiing days my 4runner had M+S BFG TA's and chains for all 4 tires when we planned on hitting Kirkwood for a powder day. We also had -30 sleeping bags, food, water, and shovels for those Just in case times, with us.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Fat bike hub is a write off, it looks like. Which sucks, as it just snowed and conditions are probably stellar out there.

Oh well, I guess I can join jimmydean and take up knitting or something.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
All the vehicles that I have ever bought (vs given or inherited like my Mercedes city car) have all been 4X4 with real low range vs 2 wheel or AWD . 72 Land Crusier, 80 SR5 Pick up, 86 4 runner, 2000 4 runner, 2003 F350, 2011 F350. Next vehicle will be a short wheelbase 4x4 in about 2 more years

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I got my first DL in PA. Had to take the driving test with snow and ice on the ground. Here in NC, where it rarely snows, I wait until later at night to drive when no one else is on the roads. It's not the snow that's dangerous.