Quantcast

∑∑∑∑∑∑∑ --- Sunday GTM --- µµµµµµµµµ‹‹‹∆∆∆∆¬œœœ||ü«©©©©©

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
On Friday I was supposed to sort a quote out, but I clocked out and went for a bike ride instead.
Figured I'd do it over the weekend, meh, Monday it is.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
The dog plowed through her breakfast in one quick shot this morning, which is unusual. She's usually more of a grazer and takes hours to finish, if she finishes at all. I even gave her a little extra when she finished. Good dog.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Date night went well. Went out for a sit down dinner for the first time in years and caught some live music after. Got home late and will likely be dragging today, but so it is.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Didn’t sleep great. Wife coughing (only at bedtime, not during the day—reflux induced?), mild anxiety from the ongoing swallow bug saga, amped up after full day of skiing and sun.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Early fatbike ride in the books. Cut short due to cold feet. I see heated socks in my future.

Now, second breakfast.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Enjoying a coffee from the bougie heated mug Teh Spousal Unit™ got me for Christmas. Just a short respite to start the day before heading out to finish up this year-long Bong Shed™ project. Not sure I’ll do with my life once it’s done.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Bought house May 2021. No swallows evident on March 2021 inspection prior to closing. Seller conveniently didn’t disclose that he’d been illegally pressure washing off swallow nests from spring onwards in prior years.

anyway, swallows move in—house backs up on a creek. Build ~250 mud nests along eaves. Can’t touch them due to Migratory Bird Treaty Act until August. August 2021 spend ~$25k for a company to come remediate all that, up on a 60 foot boom lift, and install metal flashing along the eaves to keep them away.

February 2022: find bed bug looking things all around house. Turn out to be swallow bugs: they follow birds and their detritus. Get house chem treated x 2 and heated to 130F in March 2022. Think they are gone.

January 2023. Swallow bugs back, at least in one upstairs bathroom. One MLK rental group cancels upon checkin, mistaking them for bed bugs (which is fair—they do look very similar). We don’t find out until we come up early Feb. Got house chem treated again.immediately.

Swallow bugs still there (only a few now, in same bathroom) this weekend. So now going nuclear and having the house heat treated again this upcoming week, another ~$3k so not nearly as bad as for the swallows initially but still an ongoing expense and drain on my mental health. Got to move all meltable things and fire extinguishers to the garage in prep.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Enjoying a coffee from the bougie heated mug Teh Spousal Unit™ got me for Christmas. Just a short respite to start the day before heading out to finish up this year-long Bong Shed™ project. Not sure I’ll do with my life once it’s done.
pls tell me if it’s a good idea or a great idea to pick up the on sale Dispatch 120 skis prior to knowing if I’ll ever get AT boots that fit :D

Watz thinks it is a dumb idea, but I’m not sure whether to disregard this

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Apparently I'm making a donut run this am. Then karting, Meowwolf, and really good Indian food for dinner.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Bought house May 2021. No swallows evident on March 2021 inspection prior to closing. Seller conveniently didn’t disclose that he’d been illegally pressure washing off swallow nests from spring onwards in prior years.

anyway, swallows move in—house backs up on a creek. Build ~250 mud nests along eaves. Can’t touch them due to Migratory Bird Treaty Act until August. August 2021 spend ~$25k for a company to come remediate all that, up on a 60 foot boom lift, and install metal flashing along the eaves to keep them away.

February 2022: find bed bug looking things all around house. Turn out to be swallow bugs: they follow birds and their detritus. Get house chem treated x 2 and heated to 130F in March 2022. Think they are gone.

January 2023. Swallow bugs back, at least in one upstairs bathroom. One MLK rental group cancels upon checkin, mistaking them for bed bugs (which is fair—they do look very similar). We don’t find out until we come up early Feb. Got house chem treated again.immediately.

Swallow bugs still there (only a few now, in same bathroom) this weekend. So now going nuclear and having the house heat treated again this upcoming week, another ~$3k so not nearly as bad as for the swallows initially but still an ongoing expense and drain on my mental health. Got to move all meltable things and fire extinguishers to the garage in prep.

Oof.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
pls tell me if it’s a good idea or a great idea to pick up the on sale Dispatch 120 skis prior to knowing if I’ll ever get AT boots that fit :D

Watz thinks it is a dumb idea, but I’m not sure whether to disregard this
N+1

Flat skis or with bindings? Link?

(I’ll check the other thread you may have linked it there…)

*I'd* strongly suggest disregarding my advice.

But remember I told you so. :homer:
I’d also strongly suggest disregarding Watz’s advice.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

Never heard of a swallow bug before. Weird.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Last night:

Ruth we will get up at 6 am finish making the chili

Translation: you will get up at 6am and finish making the chili. 7:15 and she is still asleep
and I am just finishing the prep and getting ready to braze the beef and toss everything into the slow cooker for the day

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Mornin monkey brethren. We watched Land Before Time last night and my kiddo bawled her eyes out. Check that off the kiddo experience list.

Wife wants a home espresso machine. Apparently the drip isnt drippin enough. Breville is about to get a small mountain of my money. Dammit

@rideit Try it NAO. I bet that ATM at the Cracker Barrel is empty.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Mornin monkey brethren. We watched Land Before Time last night and my kiddo bawled her eyes out. Check that off the kiddo experience list.

Wife wants a home espresso machine. Apparently the drip isnt drippin enough. Breville is about to get a small mountain of my money. Dammit

@rideit Try it NAO. I bet that ATM at the Cracker Barrel is empty.
My best advice on espresso machines if you are going to spend substantial money on something make sure it's repairable