Quantcast

∑∑∑∑∑∑∑ --- Sunday GTM --- µµµµµµµµµ‹‹‹∆∆∆∆¬œœœ||ü«©©©©©

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
yeah man hindsight.....

I can promise that roof will have a different composition come september
I would definitely go with full rubberized underlayment membrane for the entire roof for anything below 4/12 roof pitch. For the price difference it's not worth it to take a chance. Do you have municipal rules as far as material choices? Would they accept a dual layer flat roof membrane?

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Long run metal roofs are ‘standard’ here in NZ, we get a fair bit of rain as you may know. The majority are a brand called ‘Coloursteel’ and they tend to avoid as much flashing as possible. My place for example only has a little right at the peak of the roof and they way it’s layered means it’s a secondary protection anyway. They can be loud but most places now have insulation either in the loft space or directly under the steel and that really takes the edge off. I did recently have a weekend in an old converted railway villa that had minimal insulation and it was loud af.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Our summer camp in Maine has a metal roof... Lordy that thing is loud.
I lived in some rental houses years ago here that were difficult to sleep in during storms. It's the best way to avoid my current clusterfuck but they do make quite the cacophony

got the bed apart and running some space heaters and fans on the floor.... fuckin reeks

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
I lived in some rental houses years ago here that were difficult to sleep in during storms. It's the best way to avoid my current clusterfuck but they do make quite the cacophony

got the bed apart and running some space heaters and fans on the floor.... fuckin reeks
i hear ya. we've been living with ripped up floors and about a dozen industrial drying fans/dehumidifiers running 24-7 for the past 4 days. stinky, dusty, loud, ugh. they go away tomorrow, new water heater goes in, and then we figure out re-doing the downstairs flooring...