Quantcast

∑∑∑∑∑ Friday GTM let's do this babü √√√√√

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Back is much better after two sessions of PT this week. Youngest son turns 12 tomorrow and we have parties lined up all weekend.

Got to find time to get on the bike at the gym today. Real bike riding has long outlook unfortunately.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hello there children

slept well, woke up, worked out, felt good. The workout I chose was a butt kicker but designed poorly. Short rest in between long threshold efforts meant my legs couldn't recover. Screwed up my timing but I did what I could. May even get a second ride if I decide to play a little hookie and get out there.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Ride last night kicked my arse. We chose the jankiest, rough trails we have for the ride. I woke up some muscles in my back that hadn't been solicited in over 7 months... I am very stiff today. Good thing there was a hot tub to soak in after the ride... that was clutch!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Le work. Thankful that it's Friday, even if this weekend will be not the greatest. Have a jack and Jill thing to attend tomorrow so no riding :(

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
BRUH lmao. 2500 yard swim done and my arms and shoulders are all noodly.

slept well, woke up, worked out, felt good. The workout I chose was a butt kicker but designed poorly. Short rest in between long threshold efforts meant my legs couldn't recover. Screwed up my timing but I did what I could. May even get a second ride if I decide to play a little hookie and get out there.
My unsolicited advice as someone with a much lower FTP than you is to stop pedaling and take some extra rest between those hard intervals if needed. What's important is getting the intervals done. Even the TrainerRoad workout instructions say to take extra rest if needed. I had a similar workout as you yesterday, with 4 x 10:00 near 100% with two minutes between. I needed an extra minute between the last two intervals.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Some super good friends of mine are moving overseas really soon. I’m pretty sad today tbh. :( They are great people. I hope and am sure they will do well.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
BRUH lmao. 2500 yard swim done and my arms and shoulders are all noodly.

My unsolicited advice as someone with a much lower FTP than you is to stop pedaling and take some extra rest between those hard intervals if needed. What's important is getting the intervals done. Even the TrainerRoad workout instructions say to take extra rest if needed. I had a similar workout as you yesterday, with 4 x 10:00 near 100% with two minutes between. I needed an extra minute between the last two intervals.
Thanks! You have been training longer than I have and I appreciate the advice. I usually try to vet my workouts prior to doing them, but sometimes I roll out of bed and pick something out. In this case, I feel it was poorly designed- only 2 minutes between 10 minute sets near FTP. Typically I see 5 minutes of rest in between sets. I killed the middle set, took an additional 2 minutes of rest, and completed the last set. Unfortunately that screwed up the timing of the workout, so I just did another 10m of Z2 work.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
prior scapula injury has been acting up, hurts like heck the last few days. yay, old crashes!!

in other news, coffee and work, featuring a 3 hour meeting. you jealous? I know you are.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Some super good friends of mine are moving overseas really soon. I’m pretty sad today tbh. :( They are great people. I hope and am sure they will do well.
Who gets dibs on the population spots they're vacating?

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Babu Chiri was quite a sherpa.

Bike is assembled, but had no bleed kit for the Hayes, so off to the bike shop for a line trim and top bleed.

Now working on updating our network's map.

Got a contract for 15-20 hrs of trailbuilding up norths in St-Donat. Building and supervising. Hopefuly will not be too hard on the old corpse.

Each time I think I won't be busy for a while, stuff pulls me right back in the uber busy zone.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Drunk as fuck and l
Who gets dibs on the population spots they're vacating?
In this very particular case, some young professionals from Auckland. I think in the general case though Aotearoa will continue encouraging smart people to move here if one matches a skill shortage.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
in other news, the rain has set in. looks like it will be here until sunday morning. glad i got the plants in the garden last weekend.

i am enjoying the new company policy of no meetings on fridays. i've heard some people speculate this could lead to a 4 day work week. certainly wouldn't complain about that, but i'll believe it when i see it.

spent some time in the workshop last night, purged some old riding gear. trying to get cleaned up and organized too. considering dismantling my trials bike and selling some parts of it.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
people move away from NZ?!
Thanks! You have been training longer than I have and I appreciate the advice. I usually try to vet my workouts prior to doing them, but sometimes I roll out of bed and pick something out. In this case, I feel it was poorly designed- only 2 minutes between 10 minute sets near FTP. Typically I see 5 minutes of rest in between sets. I killed the middle set, took an additional 2 minutes of rest, and completed the last set. Unfortunately that screwed up the timing of the workout, so I just did another 10m of Z2 work.
No one's paying you to do it. If you feel like you need more Z1/Z2 time then take it.

/me is reading ultrasounds today. Started out remote, shall drop off Baby 3 at preschool via e-bike, then will head in physically to work. Concerts tonight and tomorrow night.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Home with a sick kid.

Got a fire pit from Amazon, arrived with a broken glass top. Appears I’m getting a refund but no return label, so free fire pit? Just need to sort out a top I guess

Also saw the shed I returned to Costco two weeks ago pop up at a local surplus sales place. Definitely mine because the box is duct taped back together, listed for $50 more than Costco charges for them LOL

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Got a fire pit from Amazon, arrived with a broken glass top. Appears I’m getting a refund but no return label, so free fire pit? Just need to sort out a top I guess
due to shipping costs (size/weight) not worth it for something they can't restock / resell

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
my Baby Aya is a tiny baby

She didn't fall off, so that's a plus. First time on the rear seat for her.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Yeti is back together. Brakes are serious bidzness. Now I need to ride with @Nick to get suspension sorted I have a spring coming, as mine is definitely too soft.

After talking with the track owner from SBR about Haley I looked at kart prices. My ouch just hit 12. I get to go through my "do I really need this" assessment on a lot of stuff and start liquidating. It's not that I can't just pay for it. It's that I would just prefer to get money out of other stuff...

Haley has also agreed to do tumbling and trampoline as gymnastics, so Wifey has something to do with her as well. She had a very, very bad experience in a cheer class and wants nothing to do with anything even slightly related to it ever again. I got to have the 'sometimes you have to give to get' conversation with her and went through how bad coaches can make anything you might enjoy suck. Like how listening to Coach Marc for skiing, Nandini for karting, and (occasionally) me for biking is a lot easier and she's learned from all of us with no real issues.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
After talking with the track owner from SBR about Haley I looked at kart prices. My ouch just hit 12. I get to go through my "do I really need this" assessment on a lot of stuff and start liquidating. It's not that I can't just pay for it. It's that I would just prefer to get money out of other stuff...
///Pricey

is this going to require a flat bed to move around?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
///Pricey

is this going to require a flat bed to move around?
Probably gonna need to get a little trailer.

We're trying to go to the outdoor track next weekend. That way she can get into an outdoor kart. Probably do 3-4 weekends in outdoor karts, get a few coaching/instructional sessions to see if it's really her gig. Still going to run indoor races and see how she does in that league. I don't expect her to go backwards after her win though. I expect her to bump up to 4th overall next month. Who knows where she'll place in the race itself, but top-5 would be my guess. She knows podiums are hard and not to expect them.

We've talked a bunch about continuing to grow, so she knows that she should expect a big step back when/if she goes outdoors. And that she's still going to have to fight to beat the boys in the indoor league. She only qualified ahead of Nikkos by .023sec and had a 1.7sec gap in a 9.5min race.

I really expected MTB or skiing to be her thing. This was just a flyer because she was bored and decided to come with me when I went with a friend. There you go...

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
I looked at kart prices.
Probably gonna need to get a little trailer.

:)

Have fun! I've been toying with the idea of getting another one because that's exactly what I need. Wonder if my ribs can still take it...?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
people move away from NZ?!

No one's paying you to do it. If you feel like you need more Z1/Z2 time then take it.
the problem with pre-scripted workouts (at least on zwift) is that you can't really extend a section. I guess I could have paused it and spun my legs for three added minutes, but at 5am I thought that would mess up the overall time of the workout and I wouldn't get it done by the time the kid woke up. Turns out 6 minutes isn't that long and I am bad at math in the middle of z4 at 5:45.