Quantcast

}} Thursday? Yes, Thursday {{

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Time for breakfast.
More end of year work cleanup continues. FTS levels are high.
Fixing some pringled wheels tonight. That's always a good time.
Cheers, y'all.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
two more days then headed to snowshoe from sun thru weds for annual mediocre early season ski trip. lots of crap to do between now and then. i'd rather just hibernate in bed.

ah well. this coffee ain't gonna drink itself!

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
alarm going off in the middle of REM sleep always leaves me groggy. Going to be a wheelchair hell shift 8 out of 11 transports involve one. If I get lucky the Tamale lady will be open for business when I roll by between pickups, if not yogurt for lunch

mmm epresso

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Maybe 3 hours of sleep last night? Show must go on. So I'm up. This cup of coffee couldn't be worse. Grabbed a random Keurig pod and it tastes like penny water. Blech.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
SUp bishes....

I think the river level is starting to go down. will see when it gets light.

40 degrees out and jimmydean thinks its an Arctic expedition. This is literally the most mild winter I have had in my life by an easy 40 degrees.

In other news, The amazonz is dropping off a ton of bike tools today, The VA finally sent RX refills so I should start feeling normal again some time this week.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
New phone is supposed to arrive today. Fingers crossed that Fedex actually delivers and that nobody goes porch shopping.

Also had one of those rare uninterrupted sleeps last night. Woke up this morning thinking it was 3am or something and was shocked to see it was 6:50.

Coffee it now.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
The colon blow I took at 5:00 last night did not kick in until 4:00 this morning, and then the flood gates were open! For a while there I thought the bottle was a dud. Now I've got a pill camera working it's way through my system....doc is trying to figure out why my red blood count is low. coolstorybro

Going on 25 hours since I last ate, with three more to go.....

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

If I'd gotten up early to ski I'd by pretty disappointed. Maybe I'll go ride this afternoon. Girls are home today, school has been without power since 1 yesterday. Air Force Academy registered 100mph gusts. Lots of trees down around town.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Apparently we have an adoption request for Aspen - the last kitten (now cat) we've been fostering. Wifey told Haley last night and there was a bit of crying, but far more contained than the last few times. It seems like she's really starting to register that these aren't "our" kittens, but kittens that we're helping until we can find them permanent homes. The adoption meeting is tonight at 5pm and Haley has wanted to go to every one so far. She asked if she could go karting tonight instead.

Adding to the karting fun, the neighbor girl across the street who I took karting last week hasn't stopped raving about it to her dad. He asked me how to get her races, so I walked him through the cheapest way that doesn't involve an $800 front load. He bought 6 races and loaded them to her account. If this ends up being her new activity with Haley (2 races every Thursday after school), I'll probably buy her a neck collar as a late Xmas gift - because safety first. The cost of 6 races is only $120, so when you look at that cost vs. other "normal" activities (cheer, dance, etc), it's right in-line.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Apparently we have an adoption request for Aspen - the last kitten (now cat) we've been fostering. Wifey told Haley last night and there was a bit of crying, but far more contained than the last few times. It seems like she's really starting to register that these aren't "our" kittens, but kittens that we're helping until we can find them permanent homes. The adoption meeting is tonight at 5pm and Haley has wanted to go to every one so far. She asked if she could go karting tonight instead.

Adding to the karting fun, the neighbor girl across the street who I took karting last week hasn't stopped raving about it to her dad. He asked me how to get her races, so I walked him through the cheapest way that doesn't involve an $800 front load. He bought 6 races and loaded them to her account. If this ends up being her new activity with Haley (2 races every Thursday after school), I'll probably buy her a neck collar as a late Xmas gift - because safety first. The cost of 6 races is only $120, so when you look at that cost vs. other "normal" activities (cheer, dance, etc), it's right in-line.
It was moto with my kiddo when she was that age. I wish there was an option like karting where I didnt have to do the hauling, maintenance, tires, fuel etc. You got it made man, lol

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
For any monkies who work electronics frequently, what is a decent multimeter? ($50-70)
would be for automotive testing / repair work (things like continuity testing / checking volts / amps)

Last edited:

gonefirefightin

free wieners

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
The cost of 6 races is only $120, so when you look at that cost vs. other "normal" activities (cheer, dance, etc), it's right in-line.
This will work for a while and will be a lot of fun.....then you'll buy a kart to start racing at the local track. And an extra chassis....and engine. And three extra sets of wheels/tires. And a trailer. Better get the engines and clutches blueprinted too. And...

Don't fall into the trap!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
This will work for a while and will be a lot of fun.....then you'll buy a kart to start racing at the local track. And an extra chassis....and engine. And three extra sets of wheels/tires. And a trailer. Better get the engines and clutches blueprinted too. And...

Don't fall into the trap!
then he'll be building and paving a practice track in the backyard.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC