Quantcast

√¶∆ derpus finalista ∆¶√

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Well, I take that back. Weather took a distinct turn while I was out walking the dogs. I may have even seen some actual snow!
We have visible snau but not much is sticking around

Maybe 1.0” on top of the recycling wheely bin

6BA5A2EF-C4B8-476A-B3BB-5C48F63DDF9D.jpeg

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Ah, creaks and squeaks are the worst. My dad had a sun roof rattle in his Escape that drove him nuts. If it's any consolation, it went away after 80K miles. :rofl:
100%. If I had detected them on my test drive, I would have ran. I think I have the sunroof down to a tolerable level, but there's this one squeak/creak/groan that modulates with body pitch and roll and I can't figure out where it's coming from. I need a co-pilot. I've lubed hinges, seals, tracks, body panels, plastic cladding, everything. I'm running out of things I can slather.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
100%. If I had detected them on my test drive, I would have ran. I think I have the sunroof down to a tolerable level, but there's this one squeak/creak/groan that modulates with body pitch and roll and I can't figure out where it's coming from. I need a co-pilot. I've lubed hinges, seals, tracks, body panels, plastic cladding, everything. I'm running out of things I can slather.
Good thing you dont own a Rubicon

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
You sure it's inside? Or could it be an exterior noise transmitting into the interior?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I had a similar noise in the Toaster shortly after buying it that drove me nuts trying to locate. Gave up, took it back to the dealer and it was just the sun visor not being completely clipped into it's bracket.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
You sure it's inside? Or could it be an exterior noise transmitting into the interior?
No, I'm really not. It's soft and quiet enough (it sounds like two pieces of vinyl rubbing against one another, or a leather glove twisting) that I suspect it's coming from indoors. Plus the insulation in the car is so good that it makes little noises like this sound so much worse. But I've lubed rocker panels, hood seals, windshield trim already. Basically if I can press on it and it squeaks, I've greased it. Actually, I'm confident it's on the outside as it quieted down in the rain. I just don't know where....

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
No, I'm really not. It's soft and quiet enough (it sounds like two pieces of vinyl rubbing against one another, or a leather glove twisting) that I suspect it's coming from indoors. Plus the insulation in the car is so good that it makes little noises like this sound so much worse. But I've lubed rocker panels, hood seals, windshield trim already. Basically if I can press on it and it squeaks, I've greased it. Actually, I'm confident it's on the outside as it quieted down in the rain. I just don't know where....
Try squirting some lube on the control arm bushings and sway bar bushings. Those can make noise during pitch/roll maneuvers that is subtle but transmits into the cabin.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
In the fortunate position to make a donation of property to a local land conservancy for mtb trails. The conservancy is allowing me to permanently ban horses from the trails when I make the donation. LOL