Quantcast

∞≠∆ Thursday gmt ∆≠∞

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana

Somewhere between mediocrity and the Alfa is where I liked to think I ended up. It's a V6, AWD, 2018 G80 with 12k miles on the clock. Gets adequate gas mileage based on this morning's very cold commute, but the sound system is spectacular, it's extremely spacious, and it's fast enough to not be a liability. I'm shocked the car isn't CPO, but I don't think CPO genesii are really a thing in many places. If you look closely, there's a gnarly scratch behind the front wheel, but that's the only damage. The tires are practically new.

Just to remind me that life is never easy, there's still a bit of sunroof squeek/rattle for me to chase.
Very sharp looking auto.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Found out this morning my high school art teacher has passed. I have weird mixed feelings about that. He was such a horrible person that made me and most of my friends feel awful about our work. But he taught me so much about not just art, but about myself as an artist. For someone I wished were dead to now be dead is still kinda sad.

/coolstorybro

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Black Widow was fine in my book: not the best, not the worst.
I'd put it bottom five of MCU movies. Not required viewing, as it doesn't really add much to the larger MCU story, or the Black Widow character herself. It kind of felt like they decided they needed to give her a movie, so they threw one together. The best part of it was Red Guardian. I mean, it was good, as even the "worst" MCU movies are. It's just not as good as most of the others.

I have not seen Shang-Chi and am looking forward to it on the Disney+.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Decided to take the test early. 87% on Risk Management, Insurance, and Employee Benefits Planning. I have zero intention of ever selling home insurance, but apparently I still need to know the details of the different kinds available. On to Tax Planning! Oh boy!

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I'd put it bottom five of MCU movies. Not required viewing, as it doesn't really add much to the larger MCU story, or the Black Widow character herself. It kind of felt like they decided they needed to give her a movie, so they threw one together. The best part of it was Red Guardian. I mean, it was good, as even the "worst" MCU movies are. It's just not as good as most of the others.
I leave this here.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
There's a film crew that's taken over my hood this week. Craft services has a food truck parked outside my home office. I've decided to open up my windows and play Legalize Drugs and Murder by Electric Wizard for them. Early Carcass could be next.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Was just 12” away from getting t-boned by a car turning from the opposite direction of traffic across my lane into a parking lot. Tires screeched. It happened too fast for me to do anything. Wtf. I’m wearing a bright yellow jacket. How did you not see me?! Fuck this shit!

Bring on self-driving cars.

Was just 12” away from getting t-boned by a car turning from the opposite direction of traffic across my lane into a parking lot. Tires screeched. It happened too fast for me to do anything. Wtf. I’m wearing a bright yellow jacket. How did you not see me?! Fuck this shit!

Bring on self-driving cars.
Glad you made it.

Winter tires on one of our CR-Vs, the rack that holds wheels in my shed is about to fail and dump all eight wheels on the floor. More shit to do.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Hey kids, your favorite money monkey here for today's educational lesson!

401(k) max limits for 2022 have increased to $20,500

The catch-up contribution limit for employees aged 50 and over who participate in 401(k), 403(b), most 457 plans, and the federal government's Thrift Savings Plan remains unchanged at $6,500. Therefore, participants in 401(k), 403(b), most 457 plans, and the federal government's Thrift Savings Plan who are 50 and older can contribute up to $27,000, starting in 2022.

The limit on annual contributions to an IRA remains unchanged at $6,000. The IRA catch-up contribution limit for individuals aged 50 and over is not subject to an annual cost-of-living adjustment and remains $1,000.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Hey kids, your favorite money monkey here for today's educational lesson!

401(k) max limits for 2022 have increased to $20,500

The catch-up contribution limit for employees aged 50 and over who participate in 401(k), 403(b), most 457 plans, and the federal government's Thrift Savings Plan remains unchanged at $6,500. Therefore, participants in 401(k), 403(b), most 457 plans, and the federal government's Thrift Savings Plan who are 50 and older can contribute up to $27,000, starting in 2022.

The limit on annual contributions to an IRA remains unchanged at $6,000. The IRA catch-up contribution limit for individuals aged 50 and over is not subject to an annual cost-of-living adjustment and remains $1,000.

Guess I've got new goals for 2022 then. I think this year will be the first I've been able to max out 401k and Roth IRA contributions.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Guess I've got new goals for 2022 then. I think this year will be the first I've been able to max out 401k and Roth IRA contributions.
401(k) to match > HSA > Rest of 401(k) > Roth IRA (or Backdoor, depending on income.

If you have the capacity /ability to pay your healthcare expenses out of pocket, do that. Put your HSA into the investment option, invest it, and never look back. Just make a point of keeping track of your healthcare expenses in a spreadsheet, with copies of receipts. You can reimburse yourself for medical expenses from your HSA at any point in the future, non-taxed. If you keep good records (I use a Google sheet w/ images scanned/saved into Drive), you can let it grow (tax free) for 20 years, then you take the money out to reimburse yourself.

And if you're doing Backdoor Roth, make absolutely sure, you have $0 in Traditional IRA's - everything into employer retirement plans. Otherwise, you're gonna have a bad day in 30 years...

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
There's room for *all* those cheeses, gents! No need to fight about great cheeses of the world.

Why, this very weekend I'm heading to Steamboat and taking a chunk of Stilton blue to accompany my 2# tomahawk steak. :brows:
you can not buy such things in steamboat?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
watched the parents pupper....got there at 4:30...fell asleep with dog in lap at 5:00....we both napped undisturbed until 9:00.....

unfortunately.....wide awake now...

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
36* here in the sunny south. not to worry though, back into the 70s next week. first fire of the year tonight though. drinking a porter and eating a chunk of cheese. THANKS RIDEMONKEY.