Quantcast

∫∫∫∫∫∫∫. Sunday GTM ∂∂∂∂∂∂

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Crossing into desolate cowboy land. Looking like too much melting white stuff to sample the Green River goods but i'll hold out hope.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Ended up stopping to test the gumbo levels. Verdict is 99% gumbo free on my little sampler. Would stop in Green River again to really explore it.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Excellent, guess I had a different vision of what "too much melting white stuff" meant.
Over near Evanston 75% of the ground was covered in at least a foot. By the time GR was in view the snow was isolated to north facing drifts only. I considered that the trails looked mostly south slope so took the chance. I was busting through freeze thaw crust and could tell it had recently been mud. One snow bank. Maybe 30ft of Gumbo in 3.5 miles. That was enough gumbo for me.

*between GR and RS
20230423_151746.jpg

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
@mandown

earthsl.bandcamp.com

all their southern lord recordings can be had digitally for a dollar or more in honor of earth day....

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
CFP project done; emailed to friends for review. Went karting with Haley who is pulling her normal times indoors again. Going to put Hannah to sleep, then going to put myself to sleep. Too fucking tired from all this CFP work.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
I appear to have survived the weekend. After a serious fight against tiredness and the dogs waking him up twice the youngin got a solid nap and woke up wanting milkshakes. We fired up the blender, poured them in yeti tumblers and headed to the park to make the other kids jealous. Great success.

Zero garden maintenance done this weekend, and it seems my AC may need a tuneup before real summer because it was struggling, failtacular.

Pink bike trash. That is all.
Fixed it for you, ever since the sale to Outside it’s gone from semi kinda occasionally okay to serious WTF

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Debuting an upside down fork at a bicycle trade show is a genius marketing move. Have you ever not seen tons of coverage on one? Nope, shits going to get plastered on every bike media outlet from here to right over there. Have any of them worked out? Nope, but the brand name spreads like norovirus on a cruise ship

Why the industry keeps trying to reinvent the fork remains a mystery. Forks are fucking fine, they’ve been fine for like 16 years now, with the exception of making stanchions bigger and some shimz there hasn’t been a major improvement since they figured out how to taper a steer tube. Almost makes me want to Shout, but I don’t Trust the industry to listen to my Message

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
people abandoned those designs for a reason

of course those reasons have very little to do with why people buy overpriced stuff from companies like push these days
Nazis like them.

1682312363587.png

Wouldn't a 20mm axle fix it, being the ultimate design parameter for rigidity?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
each one of those legs weighs as much as the bike in that picture

I'm not talking about USD forks. I'm talking about SINGLE CROWN USD forks
I have never ridden one and the concept is silly but Lefties are praised as being stiffer than other forks in their market segment. Clearly dual crown is the solution as any single design parameter determines overall performance.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I have never ridden one and the concept is silly but Lefties are praised as being stiffer than other forks in their market segment. Clearly dual crown is the solution as any single design parameter determines overall performance.
I rode a ‘high-end’ lefty for a couple of days and was surprised by how good it was. That was nearly 10 years though. In practice the hub issue alone is such a pain though. Add NZ$500 for a decent wheel build.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Haha, you never grabbed a wheel on a Maverick fork and gave it a wobble? They had a 25mm axle but I don't think it should have been QR.
View attachment 192934
My Dorado wasn't wobbly and actually had good damping. But I had open bath with the "pro sticker" for regular tuning at races vs. the greased TPC+ system. So... Yeah.