Quantcast

≈≈≈ Up, dark, more rain coming ≈≈≈

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hello!

last day to take advantage of the sale on my target bike frame. Is it worth $750 to gain 15mm in reach, lose some weight and travel, add a slacker head angle? hmmph

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
hello!

last day to take advantage of the sale on my target bike frame. Is it worth $750 to gain 15mm in reach, lose some weight and travel, add a slacker head angle? hmmph
Is this a brand or Chinesium?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Is this a brand or Chinesium?
it's me you're talking to....

I'm looking at an ICAN S3...apparently NS commissioned a downcountry frame some time ago called the synonym. To reduce costs, they left the front triangle as open mold. The good folks in china applied the same front triangle to a flex stay bike (Carbonda FM936) as well as the S3, which is a horst link config. https://icancycling.com/products/xc-full-suspension-mtb-bike-frame-s3 The geo is almost perfect but my fork will raise and shorten it by a bit more than I would like. The suspension is nicely progressive with perfect antisquat values a little over 100% and you can apparently run a 45mm stroke for 112mm travel. Total cost would be $740 shipped, but I would need a shock of which there are plenty.

Reviewers seemed to really like the synonym, and there's plenty of happy people on S3s and FM936s. It's more of whether the geometry would work for me or if I wait for something perfecter at like 475mm reach.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Folks stopped by with a big bowl of lobster last night; hot buttered lobster rolls with corn and fries were made.

Not much on tap for today, maybe cut down a fee dead trees before the rain rolls in.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
my rental car is a hybrid so I never know if it’s on or running
It’ll have a green “ready” icon on the dash when stopped and on iirc

/me is about to board the germ tube. 8 checked bags thanks to ski gear. Thankfully since I’d booked with an Alaska card for an Alaska flight that just ran me $120 in total.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
pertinent to @stoney interests....1983 323i....2.9L....12 to 1 compression.....5 speed close ratio gearset...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

So last night was the neighbors Christmas party. We haven't been invited for a couple years and hadn't made an issue, but when we got the invite, we had to go.

One of the best parts was when the Sheriff walked in wearing cargo shorts and a 2A shirt with his piece on his hip. Good thing his wife was driving because he had quite a bit of whiskey on top of the jello shots. But ever since they joined the Elks, the crowed has changed and likely why we haven't been invited. But we made the best of it because thats the best people watching. I also don't speak up when they bitch about 114 or "those damn liberals". :rofl:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, I tried something I always thought about today, I practiced cutting a section of waste steer tube with a sawzall. Worked a peach, I don't know that I will ever use a hacksaw again. (I added some washers to the cutting guide to make it fit.)
Great experiment!