Quantcast

≈≈≈ Up, dark, more rain coming ≈≈≈

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Well it works better
cept it doesn't

I worked in bike shops and used every version of STEEL guide made because your aluminum stems are just as cuttable as the tube you're cutting and started using pipe cutters and grinding the flares because it's WAY better.

Imma bet you've never even tried it. Or did once and got pissed off the tube was flared and then never compared how much better a stem cap seats.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
cept it doesn't

I worked in bike shops and used every version of STEEL guide made because your aluminum stems are just as cuttable as the tube you're cutting and started using pipe cutters and grinding the flares because it's WAY better.

Imma bet you've never even tried it. Or did once and got pissed off the tube was flared and then never compared how much better a stem cap seats.
I tried it and got pissed at the flare and even with filing the stem didn’t go smoothly over the bulge. I run spacers over the gap so I don’t care if it’s slightly crooked, and the number of wretched 120mm 26.2 stems I have makes me unconcerned for their wellbeing as I ruin their finish

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
yeah, do it gently, then gradually get a little quicker, then back to slow

Most of my stuff is carbon now, so a hacksaw has to do. I never liked pipe cutter for the above reasons, but you do you sister

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Pick cutting method, be a dick about it.

I for one don't care how any of you people cut steerers, or how you clear your driveways

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Drove from Tampa to just shy of Panama City today, checked out a few listings but literally only one had potential

Sleepy lil neighborhood, very rural, great views but shared dock. Many better looking options tomorrow around Destin

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Drove from Tampa to just shy of Panama City today, checked out a few listings but literally only one had potential

Sleepy lil neighborhood, very rural, great views but shared dock. Many better looking options tomorrow around Destin

Not sure if you're aware that you left georgia or alabama but you appear to be in florida. There is no 'potential'.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Would you be interested in a discussion about water management?
Got a sump well dug and installed yesterday. Just waiting on an electrical box and circuit breakers. Pump is a 12V bilge unit for boats so an old motorcycle battery will be wired inline so it can run in case of a power outage. Might be a few years until it rains hard enough to test though.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Got a sump well dug and installed yesterday. Just waiting on an electrical box and circuit breakers. Pump is a 12V bilge unit for boats so an old motorcycle battery will be wired inline so it can run in case of a power outage. Might be a few years until it rains hard enough to test though.

you're really aiming that at your downhill neighbor aren't you? :rofl:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I am aiming it downhill because that is where water likes to flow, someone just happens to live there.
a few friends of mine at georgia tech in civil engineering started pointing out to me the way atlanta was 'plumbed' in the 1800s. The unofficial curriculum of the class that made them document it was (wait for it)......'sewage follows gravitational pull' because I guess they couldn't just say shit flows downhill

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
a few friends of mine at georgia tech in civil engineering started pointing out to me the way atlanta was 'plumbed' in the 1800s. The unofficial curriculum of the class that made them document it was (wait for it)......'sewage follows gravitational pull' because I guess they couldn't just say shit flows downhill
That is some pretty advanced science for a civil engineer. I assume there were in a graduate program.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
That is some pretty advanced science for a civil engineer. I assume there were in a graduate program.
You weren't around atlanta at the time but part of some very basic CE classes was just investigating the city under their feet.

What they found was that a lot of the fresh water supplies were literally being sustained by the georgia clay that old iron pipes were bedded in because the pipes themselves had rusted away.

But yes, that's what they called the project. Looking back on it, it was probably a way for the city to get free labor out of college kids as a way to figure out what was going to fail during the olympics...

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Today I dug a trench in a snow bank so the forecasted three inches of rain will flow to the ditch instead of my driveway.

Btw, I use a pipe cutter.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Ridgid pipe cutter for the win! Then file the edges. Then go ride bikey.

What now, what now???

I'm just excited that I learned the fitting I want is called a bulkhead fitting and they're cheap and everywhere.

Fuck making electrical shit obsolete and forcing me to find replacement parts to retrofit.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
that's how you make wedding bands right?

pop those bitches out like 50/day
If every guy needed an 1 1/8" diameter ring moar couples would be "happy". Or possibly crippled.

Remember those titanium bars that were just straight wall tubing with a shim at the stem clamp ? Perfect size 10. Total pain to cut, file or polish. The filings can also be ignited in s similar manner as non dairy creamer for added entertainment.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I just bought a log off of marketplace. I have a problem.

It’s fucking sweet tho. 38” 15’ red oak.
use its power wisely

The Log Lady is a fixture in the town of Twin Peaks by the time of Laura Palmer's murder, and most residents in the town regard her as crazy. This is mainly due to her habit of always carrying a small log in her arms, with which she seems to share a psychic connection, often dispensing advice and visions of clairvoyance which she claims come from the log;[2] prior to the murder, she delivers moving and cryptic warnings to Laura Palmer herself.[3][4] The Log Lady does not interpret the messages transmitted by the log, but instead functions as a medium for the information it conveys.[5]

In attempting to solve Laura's murder, Dale Cooper often makes use of the Log Lady's apparent ability to communicate, through the log, with a possibly supernatural realm. Cooper gradually loses his access to this realm as the series progresses, and the Log Lady becomes a less central figure,[6] though she does provide Cooper with at least one useful tip.[7]