Quantcast

⌫ Saturday ⌦︎

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Temps in the 50's and foggy/drizzle all morning, just getting into the 60's after lunch in time for the thunderstorms...

Suboptimal.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Got to see my old man at the hospital today, asked about his crash on the bike. Said the back just stepped out with no brakes an his thigh landed straight on the curb and the bone snapped.

After having a look at his bike he has proven that a Kenda tire does actually have less grip if you mount it inside out.

I'm going to throw the tire out, slap a couple of Contis on it and never ever tell him what he did wrong, he'd be so pissed with himself.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
LONG day yesterday! Started out with a good FH practice followed by me telling my HS & MS principals that they are dumbasses ]because they have one of my music colleagues teaching 2 classes at the same time in 2 buildings AGAIN....happened last year and I found a solution, this year it's on them as there isn't an "easy" fix this time and frankly it's above my pay grade. Then it was helping my former student now mentee and newest member of our music staff move a few things around in her classroom and lunch to chat about logistics etc.. Finally I got to spend the evening with the kids at the local county fair and drive their friends home afterward getting me in just before 1am.
Off to frost some cupcakes for my nephew's birthday and consume more coffee.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Kids are walking the track. Getting team tent set up. Gonna rain. I forgot my rain coat. Today's gonna be wild.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Got to see my old man at the hospital today, asked about his crash on the bike. Said the back just stepped out with no brakes an his thigh landed straight on the curb and the bone snapped.

After having a look at his bike he has proven that a Kenda tire does actually have less grip if you mount it inside out.

I'm going to throw the tire out, slap a couple of Contis on it and never ever tell him what he did wrong, he'd be so pissed with himself.
I would not have thought such a thing even possible. Glad he's okay

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
howdy ppls

going to hop on ye olde acoustic bike and pedal around to various trains with my middle kid. ultimate destination shall be the Japanese bakery down in the Platte Park area, not close.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Humid as balls out there this morning and I ran 16 miles. Felt fine for the first half but then the humidity really started to wear me down. My pace didn't suffer but I did.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hey gang

had woody over last night and caught up a bit. Offered him the old kids' bike in exchange for some beers and an attempt at tuning my weird shifters. He couldn't do it but said everything looked okay and friction wasn't an issue. Looks like it's probably a mechanism issue, whether shifter or derailleur or some fine lack of compatibility. I've been contemplating switching to wireless and it looks like it's time to pull the trigger.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Oof. Managed to pinch a nerve in the thoracic portion of my back dragging the irrigation hose around.

In addition to the expected back pain, it hurts to breathe deep and is giving me an upset stomach. Jeebus - getting old sucks. Guess I won’t be riding this weekend…

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
First day under the team tent and oh boy... We've confirmed that I'm a mechanical novice. Badly. So after every session I'm getting a 1-1 with a wrench of the owner.

Haley's already met with their data and driving coach, and their psych coach. She got more time with them and more positive feel before she even went on the track. After the first session she looks like she's moving pretty quick. Some things for sure need to be fixed, but she was doing a really good job. She's also listening to people telling her what she needs to do differently.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I would not have thought such a thing even possible. Glad he's okay
Yeah it took me a few minutes of head scratching to work it out. Looked like he had bought a tire for racing in a velodrome, but I gave it a squeeze and felt the treaded section inside.
I'll go back to working on his bikes for him.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Thick Canadian air today so mostly inside work today, including rebuilding the ass half of my bike that mysteriously exploded.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.