Quantcast

┌‍∩‍┐‍(‍◣‍_‍◢‍)‍┌‍∩‍┐Winter solstice ┌‍∩‍┐‍(‍◣‍_‍◢‍)‍┌‍∩‍┐

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Holy shit LOLOL!

I am looking at my wall calendar in my cubicle right now and I see it is still on March. :think: I mean at this point why bother changing it?

I got up early and ran 5 miles. It was 40 degrees and raining hard. Not a fun experience, but I got it done. Have to get in the hot shower ASAP after runs like that before I start to freeze.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I just woke up early again. I was supposed to do something. I think I was going to give somebody a ride or something. I can't remember... And now I find out it is officially winter. Fuckity fuck.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Frozen tundra this morning, brrr. Picking up the RV range at lunch, drinks with friends tonight, then deconstruction on the truck and maybe brakes if the weather doesn't suck.

I keep forgetting to stop by the shop for a star nut.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Picked up new skis part two last night. 192cm Praxis Protests. Pretty stoked.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
new or used?
I had 188 OGs for years, LOVED them, sold them, bought 192s which I now think I'm gonna sell without even drilling. :hmm:
No idea what the width on those is, but if it’s anywhere close to the 123mm my Bent Chetlers are... then I can assure you that that’s a lot of ski.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
short workday today 4:45am to 5:30 taking two locals to dialysis then saying eff it all
You're going to work for 45 minutes? What the fuck is the point?

Long week and shitty night, might just bail on work/adulting and ski today instead.

Tell us a story, Uncle Stoney!! :D

Why so short? You a midget or something? :confused:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
So I shifted what dates I was looking at for doing the White Rim... and found departing one day earlier meant campsites are available that allow for a super-reasonable itinerary. So FKNA, that's what we're doing. Ride days are Thu-Fri-Sat with 25-45-30 mileage. Since day 1 is shorter I think we'll just combine travel from Denver to Mojab with riding on Day 1, which is fine I think. And then we get Sunday and Monday to ride bikes in standard Mojab... with Monday being my traditional birthday ride down Porcupine Rim.

CC: @6thElement and @johnbryanpeters and really anyone else that might have White Rim on their bucket list...

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Blessed Yule. Video chatted with my nephews last as it was one of their birthdays, The other ones birthday is in 5 days. Readying to leave, just have to get past work today, which should be a short day.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
So I shifted what dates I was looking at for doing the White Rim... and found departing one day earlier meant campsites are available that allow for a super-reasonable itinerary. So FKNA, that's what we're doing. Ride days are Thu-Fri-Sat with 25-45-30 mileage. Since day 1 is shorter I think we'll just combine travel from Denver to Mojab with riding on Day 1, which is fine I think. And then we get Sunday and Monday to ride bikes in standard Mojab... with Monday being my traditional birthday ride down Porcupine Rim.

CC: @6thElement and @johnbryanpeters and really anyone else that might have White Rim on their bucket list...
What actual dates are we talking about? I regret to say I don't have your birthdate memorized :(

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
skiied in icy slush and got rained on. then le hot tub and beers. now lunch and back tonthe kids fun zone. supposed to change over to snow later. maybe night skiing. yippee. still rocking my circa 1995 salomon evolutions like some weird og/gaper.