Quantcast

┌‍∩‍┐‍(‍◣‍_‍◢‍)‍┌‍∩‍┐Winter solstice ┌‍∩‍┐‍(‍◣‍_‍◢‍)‍┌‍∩‍┐

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
What actual dates are we talking about? I regret to say I don't have your birthdate memorized :(
Oh right, derp. I figured if you were intredasted I'd shoot you an email. But also, those dates are 4/18-22 for the entire trip, riding White Rim would be the first three (3) days then two (2) days of standard Mojab shenangians. The "plan" is to support the White Rim effort with my truck, figure we can carry up to 10ish folks worth of camping gear, water, food, and beer. Driving plan will be to take the total miles for the day and divide by number of riders, each rider takes a shift each day. Ideal number is 6-8 per vehicle, but I figure 10 riders max. If enough people want in, my permit will be for up to 15 people and 3 vehicles. Make it happen, cap'n.

CC: @johnbryanpeters

GTFO you goddam Jerry. :D

What about the boots? Rear-entry Nordica's?
@jstuhlman -- if you have a pair of rear-entry Nordicas I might be intredasted... I have a pair of sweet-as old school Dynastars that my boots don't work in (AT soles) and some rear-entry boots would be period correct. Even better if I could find some SX-91s or some shit.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
well, figured out my hot water heater issues. lower heating element was literally buried in mineral deposits, to the point it was difficult to remove. currently shop vaccing it out. replacing with new elements while i'm at it.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Saw Mehnistry last night. Uncle Al's political set was disappointing. The set of classics at the end was much better, musically, but still lacked the teeth and guts I was hoping for.

Carpenter Brut might be one of my new favorite live bands, though. Solid opening set. I'd go back for more.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Boss made it clear she was going to make everyone leave at 1:00 today. Asshole passive aggressive coworker who feels that our Outlook calendars are his means of control schedules meeting at 1:30.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Saw Mehnistry last night. Uncle Al's political set was disappointing. The set of classics at the end was much better, musically, but still lacked the teeth and guts I was hoping for.
I mean, homeboy's had a daily heroin habit longer than some of us on this board have been alive. I'm surprised a Ministry show isn't a whole lot more like Weekend at Bernie's than it is.

Boss made it clear she was going to make everyone leave at 1:00 today. Asshole passive aggressive coworker who feels that our Outlook calendars are his means of control schedules meeting at 1:30.
Upper decker?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Also, do you have my birthdate memorized? Because that's creepy.
I'm watching you.

Right now. Look outside. :wavingkitty:

When you posted about the shopping cart business yesterday you mentioned Apr 19. I inferred it was the surrounding dates.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
When you posted about the shopping cart business yesterday you mentioned Apr 19. I inferred it was the surrounding dates.
At least someone is paying attention... to something.

Also, I think your Christmas avatar would be 37% better if the hat were on the tail, and there was still wagging.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
It's my year-round avatar--I used to switch to a sombrero but the Santa hat serves always now. I keep the ugly gray apparent background to continue to show my displeasure with XenForo's flawed handling of GIFs with transparent backgrounds.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
It's my year-round avatar--I used to switch to a sombrero but the Santa hat serves always now. I keep the ugly gray apparent background to continue to show my displeasure with XenForo's flawed handling of GIFs with transparent backgrounds.
Way to stick to the The Man™

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Oh right, derp. I figured if you were intredasted I'd shoot you an email. But also, those dates are 4/18-22 for the entire trip, riding White Rim would be the first three (3) days then two (2) days of standard Mojab shenangians. The "plan" is to support the White Rim effort with my truck, figure we can carry up to 10ish folks worth of camping gear, water, food, and beer. Driving plan will be to take the total miles for the day and divide by number of riders, each rider takes a shift each day. Ideal number is 6-8 per vehicle, but I figure 10 riders max. If enough people want in, my permit will be for up to 15 people and 3 vehicles. Make it happen, cap'n.

CC: @johnbryanpeters

@jstuhlman -- if you have a pair of rear-entry Nordicas I might be intredasted... I have a pair of sweet-as old school Dynastars that my boots don't work in (AT soles) and some rear-entry boots would be period correct. Even better if I could find some SX-91s or some shit.
lol- @SkaredShtles may remember that a few years back i went to buckle into my boots and the shell literally cracked in two. so it’s rental boots for me!

we cheated the rip off resort dryers by putting our gear in the sauna.

finally snowing. about to hit up some night skiing action. tomorrow should be good.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Order date
Friday, 12/21/2018
Delivery
We just sent you an order confirmation email. We’ll send an update with more info when the seller ships your tickets. A delivery service will deliver your tickets by: Wednesday, 12/19/2018

:hmm:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Ski improvement clinics all morning (paid). park runs at lunch. drinking a 2 hearted in the lodge animating content for a trade show while my lady finishes her shift for lift ops. Today has been a big check in the W column.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I'm just glad to see they are making reasonable sized skis again. When I was in the market back in 2009 it was hard to find anything longer than 187. Any mainstream ski mfg'rs doing 200s nowadays? :brows:
If you want a big, stupid ski I'll make you a heck of a deal* on those 192 Bent Chetlers I mentioned earlier... could probably scrounge up a pair of Marker Barons for them as well. That's the only thing they been drilled for, one mount!

* Void where prohibited. No representation or warranty, express or implied, with respect to the completeness, accuracy, fitness for a particular purpose, or utility of these materials or any information or opinion contained herein. May arrive in pieces, some assembly required. For recreational use only, and only as directed. No warranty expressed or even gently squeezed. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages. Penalty for private use, which differs from general use in a directed and recreational way. At participating locations only, if you can find them. Substantial withdrawal for private use penalty. And as always, your mileage may vary.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
some 187cm skis only have 110cm of camber length ... it's all about the shape not just the overall length.

(that's what she said)
Yeah, rocker lines make a big difference in how long a ski actually feels. I think those Protests should be plenty manageable.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
If you want a big, stupid ski I'll make you a heck of a deal* on those 192 Bent Chetlers I mentioned earlier... could probably scrounge up a pair of Marker Barons for them as well. That's the only thing they been drilled for, one mount!
I've already got (somewhat) big, stupid skis. Not as big and stupid as those, but to be honest, I'm starting to think for every day, normal "Colorado conditions" - a 95-100 waist is probably ideal. My 190 106s are kind of a handful in bumps and slow-ish edge to edge . They're fun... but I think my old Watea 94s were better as an "overall" Colorado ski.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just got into a tax/political argument with my very Republican, don't take my money, blame the illegal immigrants dad. Started complaining about taxes in CA, when I complained that we can't get taxes to support our infrastructure and schools supported. Started blaming high taxes on supporting illegal immigrants, to which I provided a starting point to a solution: go after the employers - start arresting and jailing them for Federal crime and the work will dry up quickly. Then he blamed Uber and Amazon for forcing people to be on social support for not paying enough, to which I brought up Walmart and their being the largest employer of people on benefits nationally and their extreme profits for the last 20 years. How they and others game labor laws to have full-time people for 4 weeks, then not for 4 to keep them off benefits and not have to pay as such. Pointing out that it's what his grandparents and parents generation fought for years and thousands died for, only to be completely unraveled in the last 50, but primarily 30. He shut up and I don't think it will be brought up again. Fact and informed counter points will always beat Fox News.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I've already got (somewhat) big, stupid skis. Not as big and stupid as those, but to be honest, I'm starting to think for every day, normal "Colorado conditions" - a 95-100 waist is probably ideal. My 190 106s are kind of a handful in bumps and slow-ish edge to edge . They're fun... but I think my old Watea 94s were better as an "overall" Colorado ski.
They make skis <100 underfoot? :confused: