Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
we need a bougie entitlement thread....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
That's been ongoing. It just seems to me, and perhaps my impression is mistaken, that basically the only thing that they are really flexible on is pay. While more money is certainly nice, it doesn't buy me missed family time or powder days.
I have been told that you can't negotiate vacation, yet I have been able to negotiate vacation on my last 4 jobs. Basically I just say that "you want me for my X years of experience so I expect to have the same amount of vacation as someone who has been at your company for X years". Has worked every single time.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Whether I'm here 1 more day or 100 more years I have no more salary bumps or extra time off to gain :(

woe is me

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Snowshoe bike park doesn’t suck. Wiped out and done for the day.

E22F5625-612C-491F-93F5-64E8851320E5.jpeg

After three days of riding, headed back to home/reality tomorrow.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I have been told that you can't negotiate vacation, yet I have been able to negotiate vacation on my last 4 jobs. Basically I just say that "you want me for my X years of experience so I expect to have the same amount of vacation as someone who has been at your company for X years". Has worked every single time.
I recently negotiated insane amounts of vacation time by saying “Later, Dudes!”

(Caveat: my morning honey-do lists are endless now. Fair trade, actually)

Last edited:

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Lies! You're not at Snowshoe! There's not a speck of mud on that helmet! Also, more details!!!
It hasn’t rained in like three days! Trails were absolutely $$$. Hit nearly all your suggestions and a few others that were a bit over my head skill wise.The Western territory is awesome. Dirt Beaver (in the basin) turned out to be one of my favorites. So many trails to choose from though. Like you mentioned, the alphabet trails were tough to find a “groove” on. Really rough/drop/hard to get speed on. Overall though, this place is amazing!

A cool thing happened as well: my wife crashed at Beech last year an broke her wrist and wasn’t sure she wanted to do this kind of riding anymore. She rode a bit the first day and before the day was over she had a DH bike rented for the next day, which was repeated for today. Her tenacity is amazing.

1A4DC134-6CB5-45C0-9A95-2D0D287F12B9.jpeg

Last edited:

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
High-speed high-side crash for me on the lunch ride. Walked away from it, but I am gonna be hurting in the morning.

In related news, fuck Conti. Going back to Maxxis. Was literally thinking, “these Contis kinda suck on high speed off-camber turns” right before I washed out in a high speed off-camber turn…:imstupid:

:coolstorybruh:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
High-speed high-side crash for me on the lunch ride. Walked away from it, but I am gonna be hurting in the morning.

In related news, fuck Conti. Going back to Maxxis. Was literally thinking, “these Contis kinda suck on high speed off-camber turns” right before I washed out in a high speed off-camber turn…:imstupid:

Were these the "new" Conti's?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

I've been very happy with my Deliums. and i say that as a long time maxxis user

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
:wave:

The Oracle says I will be slacking off today, cause I deserve it.

:stupid:

I've spent an inordinate amount of time and money researching and accumulating the tools and knowledge needed to make any electrical work I do at least OEM in nature/quality, usually better. I have also learned that it is not feasible in a lot of cases to do so.
I don't have that much knowledge, but tools I do have, I should probably go for a dual trade and do the electrical side.

One I looked at the other day had an alternator that wouldn't charge, the positive supply for the lights was ~five ring terminals on a screw and nut and the neutral start wires had been taped together.

Naturally they want a quote to fix it.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I don't have that much knowledge, but tools I do have, I should probably go for a dual trade and do the electrical side.

One I looked at the other day had an alternator that wouldn't charge, the positive supply for the lights was ~five ring terminals on a screw and nut and the neutral start wires had been taped together.

Naturally they want a quote to fix it.
The number of people who accept sub-par wiring is astounding. Almost every single automotive accessory I've purchased I've had to redo the included wiring harness as they suck for various reasons. Low quality wire, poor connectors (bullet connectors?! Really?), not loomed or wrapped, the list is endless.

I try to emulate wiring harnesses like that. Everything is protected, strain relieved, and shaped. GXL or TXL wiring, marine heatshrink, properly crimped or soldered, dielectric grease. Mostly Deutsch DT connectors, as I'm too cheap to shell out for the AS versions.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
The number of people who accept sub-par wiring is astounding. Almost every single automotive accessory I've purchased I've had to redo the included wiring harness as they suck for various reasons. Low quality wire, poor connectors (bullet connectors?! Really?), not loomed or wrapped, the list is endless.

I try to emulate wiring harnesses like that. Everything is protected, strain relieved, and shaped. GXL or TXL wiring, marine heatshrink, properly crimped or soldered, dielectric grease. Mostly Deutsch DT connectors, as I'm too cheap to shell out for the AS versions.
The number of people who do sub par wiring is also astounding, sometimes I do it with a plan to come back and sort it out which never happens.

You should have seen how excited I was when I found this little guy, I had to find something to keep the battery looking tidier than what the previous mob had left it. I'm still not happy with the open barrel crimper I got to do the terminals but I couldn't find a brand name one to do what I wanted.
IMG_20220827_132241.jpg

Annoyingly I still had to put an 200A fuse on the body for the alternator and run the output down to the starter as there was no way to get a second zero gauge cable in to this distribution terminal thingy.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
I've been very happy with my Deliums. and i say that as a long time maxxis user
For now I have a good condition Assguy and Dhf in the tire stack. These Contis made me realize how much I like Maxxis tires. I am going back to tires that I an comfortable with for a bit. Coulda gone a lot worse today and I really do blame the tires…

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Camped in a field at a gorgeous guest ranch in Swan Valley, Idaho.
So Un-jackson like, it’s awesome.
Tomorrow gonna ENDORKO, bro-heims!
(wrist seems ‘O.K’)

All proceeds go to trail building, pure and simple.