Quantcast

□︎♒︎ ⬧︎♒︎♓︎⧫︎ YOU GET THE FLU, AND YOU GET THE FLU, EVERYBODY GETS THE FLU WACKY WEDNESDAY GMT □︎♒︎ ⬧︎♒︎♓︎⧫︎

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
FML, kid 2 has the flu. I'll get it by this afternoon. Let's hope kid 1 is better today so I can send him to daycare and spend the day blowing my nose in relative peace.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
We had Flu Weekend and it's still lingering. I was off yesterday because of my own symptoms (working in a tiny room w four others...) plus need to care for daughter and wife who's immobile because of a foot surgery...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Flu went through our house. Only one kid got it. Wife thought she might be getting it and got some Tama-flu.

How many of you got the flu shot and still got it?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Flu went through our house. Only one kid got it. Wife thought she might be getting it and got some Tama-flu.

How many of you got the flu shot and still got it?
All are vaccinated.

Son got ill Monday.
Daughter fell ill yesterday
I am probably running on adrenaline at this point and will fall down dead tomorrow
Wife is in California getting massages

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Flu shots are usually a crap shoot. They try to guess which strain of flu will be active 6 months after vaccine is fabricated. And they are often wrong.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Flu shots are usually a crap shoot. They try to guess which strain of flu will be active 6 months after vaccine is fabricated. And they are often wrong.
bingo, just a shit year. I'm hoping that the dr will just prescribe my daughter some tamiflu so I don't actually have to take my whole family to the office

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning, my precious ridemonkey friends. It was 6 degrees at 5:15 this morning and I went for a 4 mile run like a stupid asshole. I wear 250 lumen headlamp and one of these vests, yet cars still manage to not see me and have to swerve out of the way. Stupid fucks. I guess the vest doesn't help if a driver is not looking at the road.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Re: flu shot, I get one at work. They practically come to my desk with a needle and tell me to roll my sleeve up. It's mandatory since I work in healthcare. If I refuse the shot, I have to wear a mask for four months. And not some cool Chewbacca mask either.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Went to the barber yesterday so I'd look sharp for my interview today. Except he was a bit heavy handed over my already small ears, and he clearanced the area above wide enough to tuck some 40" tires up there.

I guess people make all kinds of impressions, and today, this is mine.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Day 1 of training and I got notice I have been extended to end of February. With a little luck, I might actually find something by then. :rofl:

Still not 100% on my PPT. I am not a MCPPP (Microsoft Certified Power Point Professional).

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
currently debating buying a $13 spec power knockoff saddle on ebay because why wouldn't I???? My ISM didn't seem to work out.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Last week's IT issues are sill going, turns out our IT company backed up our CAD files, but none of the file management software's files so all databases reverted to some time in 2014. Old hacked hard drives are going to a wizard to hopefully be recovered, if that fails we need to update every single part number in our system. Shit is borked!

On the upside, going to be an early day

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Microsoft certification is inane.
Not sure if it was popular in your area, but resume acronyms were a big thing for a while. You had folks putting MS, Cisco, IBM certification logos on their resume like NASCAR sponsorships. :rofl:

I do know a few CCIE folks, but it seems to be less of a thing now. Being in QA, there has never been a real "cert" .

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I can't remember the last time I got sick, perhaps that's just old age creeping in. Never the less, from my experience breeders get sick far more often than us non breeders. And like IAB I work in healthcare. Flu shot or facemask at work no other option allowed. I opt for the shot.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Bike and clothes packed in car. Have not ridden a bike since....north Carolina I think? This should go well.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Which is why I never get it. Then I was at the Dr's office and the offered it so I did..... oh well.... a crap shoot either way. I guess I do it more for the herd and less for myself.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I seem to recall that even if the vaccine produced misses the prevalent strain that year, it can still reduce the severity of the disease if you do pick it up...

Bottom line - get the vaccine. For your own protection as well as everybody else's.