Quantcast

◇♢◇Thurdsday GMT◇♢◇

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Where I ski (Loveland, WP/MJ) parking is free. Copper charges but has remote free lots and easy shuttle buses.
I know Vail parking is expensive, but you know, Vail.

How far are you from JHMR?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Have you been riding the last two days?
Not since the weekend. Still ~10F outside today according to the car.

WR probably got more snow than near me, about 5" at the top of Apex. No idea on trail conditions at this point if you do decide you're riding tomorrow.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Apparently, a bigger snow storm is on the horizon. Looks like I need to make a decision whether to buy an effing snow blower or not in the next few days. Tonight, I'm just gonna ride, then drink beer.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Not since the weekend. Still ~10F outside today according to the car.

WR probably got more snow than near me, about 5" at the top of Apex. No idea on trail conditions at this point if you do decide you're riding tomorrow.
From the past few wintry trips out there it seems to hold up pretty well when sub-freezing. It's sneaking a ride in on a workday so even if it sucks it's still winning.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Totally non-related factoid. In the last 4 weeks my resting heart rate has dropped from 69bpm to 59bpm. Fitness.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Riding gear packed in the Land Cruiser. It will be a crunchy ride on snow, I'm guessing, with gimbal-stabilized video no less. :D

Unfortunately it appears as if the extra part I need to separate the dildo-like grip handle and the stabilizer itself while still retaining functionality is not going to be released until spring. Therefore I'll be riding with the probably 8" long handle hanging over my belly, ready to bruise my liver. I'll try not to crash, I guess.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
First snow ride of the year last night on the fat bike. There's some fun steep rollers that you can drop into without too many consequences. I had more fun than I expected, so that's a win I guess. New cockpit made a world of difference. Balance, control and comfort were vastly improved.

Soon there will be enough snow to ski in the backcountry. It will nice to be able to choose activities based on conditions...

Last edited:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Riding gear packed in the Land Cruiser. It will be a crunchy ride on snow, I'm guessing, with gimbal-stabilized video no less. :D

Unfortunately it appears as if the extra part I need to separate the dildo-like grip handle and the stabilizer itself while still retaining functionality is not going to be released until spring. Therefore I'll be riding with the probably 8" long handle hanging over my belly, ready to bruise my liver. I'll try not to crash, I guess.
That was the primary reason I chose the gimbal I did, not the anti stabby properties so much as the ease and variety of mounting options.