Quantcast

◇♢◇Thurdsday GMT◇♢◇

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Been popping Alieve since yesterday so I can finish Christmas orders. Had to stop working early last night because my chest couldn't take another hammer throw. So freaking weird to get injured without riding.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I did get to work on a fix for the software that runs the kiosk at Pep Boys that picks your oil and air filters. Turns out Ford diesel oil filters were the same diameter and thread as gas, only WAY less capacity. There was a bug (that I helped fix) that gave you the gas filter part number for diesel. The filter fits, so way not? Well, a few hundred miles and BOOM.
:twitch:

P/N and effectivivity is important, mmmmkay?

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
I just scored some Sausage, Butternut squash and cheddar cheese soup for my lunch at my local food co-op's deli. I don't how bad it is for me because it tastes so good.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Rode last night. Threaded the needle in between downpours. Finished up a bday ride for my buddy from San Diego and it starts pouring 5 min after we sit down to eat. Half of a day to finish up today and then off for four days. Supposed to rain all weekend. We can use it, but so much for riding.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Made progress on the bass heavy remix. Got the kick drum to slam pretty hard, but the compression and eq gets a little muddy in the upper bass and low mids. Still, progress.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
The ability to read shots from anywhere (no need for a local doc) is a big reason they have scaled back on the number overall.
Boots on the ground are still necessary. People like face time for consultations as well as a name they know and trust, tumor boards have to be staffed, etc. Also note docs have to be licensed in the state in question, which basically means US trained and US board certified docs. No off shoring problems to India or elsewhere a la programming except for US docs who want to live in Zurich or the like for the time zone shift for night work.

AI is coming to radiology but as a tool to aid us humans, whose name is ultimately on the report and assuming liability for its contents. That my profession has such high licensure and certification requirements keeps me pretty safe.

I won't move back to Seattle unless I can make $100k more than I do in Denver. Housing is nutty.

:monoclelife:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
@Toshi not to mention liability insurance. I thought that was one reason why the high pay was to offset the risk, not unlike surgeons, correct?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
@Toshi not to mention liability insurance. I thought that was one reason why the high pay was to offset the risk, not unlike surgeons, correct?
At least at my current employer liability insurance is gratis. Not sure how that'd work out in private practice--that'd certainly have to be part of the equation.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Leaving for North Carolina in about an hour. :weee:

I think that I might have drank too much coffee today. :panic:

See ya'll on the other side.

On a side note, $200 'MURICAN dollars cost $270 Canadian Pesos today. Ugh.:thumbsdown:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Leaving for North Carolina in about an hour. :weee:

I think that I might have drank too much coffee today. :panic:

See ya'll on the other side.

On a side note, $200 'MURICAN dollars cost $270 Canadian Pesos today. Ugh.:thumbsdown:
Pro tip: instant ramen are like $.60 / cup. :D
Just kidding, I am very jelly as I saw and hiked those hills without a bike, have fun!

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I first learned of the Minutemen from Wax Trax records on 13th Ave in Denver in the mid 80s, they had a section they called hard core where you found lots of records from SST. Husker Du, Meat Puppets and the Minutemen were what drew my attention. Wax Trax would demo any record if asked, before the internet this was often your only option to score new music as MTV style crap dominated the radio. Good god I am getting old...