Quantcast

○●□twosday□●○

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
i r here

got to see woody's baby on sunday, looks like a baby. Played ninja warrior with the big one yesterday, now I got rugburn on my elbows.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Errr... I'd strongly suggest skipping and trekking the extra mile or so to go to Xicamiti. :thumb:
Xicamiti is like 5-6 extra miles. And Tafolino's is pretty much garbage. I'm certain Hacienda Colorado will be at best gingo-fied Mexican grub, but if it's reasonably tasty and close, I'll take it.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Last day in shit work today. Rode early on frozen rutted mud, it was glorious. Then off to work, said bye to a few good friends, left before fucking camera crew had a chance to capture my ugly mug (we're celebrating two years, with cake, and will turn that into a recruiting video, yay), now back home sipping the first G&T of the day. Memorial service for a departed friend later this evening, le sigh.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
When I open an Excel workbook and see multiple tabs named and populated, but “Sheet 2” and “Sheet 3” are at the end with no content.

:shakefist:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Been pretty much useless today after getting a tetanus shot yesterday. Dr.also gave me scripts for muscle relaxers in case of back spasms, and antibiotics for Lyme disease. Getting a hearing exam in a week or two. Also have to get a dental checkup.

Five months is a long time to live in the woods.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Lasts six weeks or six washing. Sweet
Those are 'buy more stuff' recommendations, I apply once a season and it holds up well enough.
If you're not applying anything on your skin in Maine bug season (Repel red can ftw) you're going to want to die anyhow.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Wife has it, avoid at all costs.
Stuff below for gear since I know you travel light.
View attachment 141082

Yeah, that might be a necessity later down the trail. Saw a warning video about not putting it on your underwear. Apparently it's bad for yer balls.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Those are 'buy more stuff' recommendations, I apply once a season and it holds up well enough.
If you're not applying anything on your skin in Maine bug season (Repel red can ftw) you're going to want to die anyhow.
He should miss most of bug season if hes starting out in April.

I think it's sort of a religious thing. I don't do bug goop of any sort because I regard it as poison. I get pestered by black flies and other blood suckers, but not too much. I spend half my life in the brush and for the most part ticks seem to think I taste bad.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I think it's sort of a religious thing. I don't do bug goop of any sort because I regard it as poison. I get pestered by black flies and other blood suckers, but not too much. I spend half my life in the brush and for the most part ticks seem to think I taste bad.
You’re lucky.
Mosquitos etc I can deal with for most part but ticks where I spend lots of time have been bad. Found half dozen embedded deer ticks on myself last summer alone.

I’ve found treated clothes and truck interior (dogs get covered in ticks) reduce the bullshit to acceptable levels but I’ll bathe in agent orange peak season if it keeps me outside.

Randomshot

Monkey
Mar 12, 2009
Ft. Collins
Has anyone in CO had a bunch of tick experience? Ive grown up with dogs. Always had them. Always took them camping. And i can remember having to remove one single tick. Maybe im just not getting up into the mountains far enough? But chambers lake is my go to.. also. Great place for moose. Everytime im there i see about 5-10

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Has anyone in CO had a bunch of tick experience? Ive grown up with dogs. Always had them. Always took them camping. And i can remember having to remove one single tick. Maybe im just not getting up into the mountains far enough? But chambers lake is my go to.. also. Great place for moose. Everytime im there i see about 5-10
My dogs get Simparica pills for ticks/fleas.
Have yet to find attached ticks on them.
They still drag the ticks inside etc though.

My brothers in CO don’t seem to have tick issues with their dogs.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Mom dumped Edwin on me. He is asleep. Good kid. Kitty likes to sleep on him. She is just purring away. Not to enthused about sleeping on the couch. Alone...