Quantcast

☆▪︎○⊙°•¤Thursderp¤•°⊙●○▪︎☆

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin folks!

Short work day followed by a trip to the RMV, which is infinitely more pleasurable in MA vs CO. The CO DMV always felt like the waiting room at Saul Goodman's.

Carrying the mending doggo up and down the stairs in the dark at 6 am feels like some sort of cruel crossfit exercise. I am very much looking forward to the conclusion of this phase of recovery.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Euro dude is already in the afternoon.

Days have started to get finally feel longer and I spend some time in the garden moving a shrub. Good free workout and fresh air. I also have a strong LED street light by the house so I can stay out there after sun down if I want. Move the plan to block off an entrance to the garden from the street so people can't just walk in without going through the main gate and I personally rarely go that way.

My dropper is on route from the UK after service (no service in Denmark) so I can get back on the mtb. Hoping to do more of that this year.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Wife and I went to kindergarten parents intro thing at the elementary school last night. This was about all I could think of...

h79DDF3AA.jpg

Went for beers and BBQ afterwards as we had a sitter for the kids.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
After yesterday's GMT I introduced my 12yr old to Cornholio. She tried to show me some dumb ass Tick Tock and I was like bish please...... watch this.....she laughed and it made me happy. Does that make me a bad parent?

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
After yesterday's GMT I introduced my 12yr old to Cornholio. She tried to show me some dumb ass Tick Tock and I was like bish please...... watch this.....she laughed and it made me happy. Does that make me a bad parent?
You're a few years behind us, so you're not the worst.

Not to say you don't suck.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
You're a few years behind us, so you're not the worst.
Not to say you don't suck.
After our daughter went to bed I sat in the living room and watched the episode where they were viewing snoop dog's video. My wife says "Is that Beavis and Butthead you're watching?" completely surprised..... I said yes and we both laughed as we listened for the next few minutes. Classic....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yes, but only because you waited so long.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I vacuum pack all kinds of stuff already. I have a Foodsaver and it's just not that great. My dad has had a similar one to this for years now and it works great. Whenever steak or meat is on sale at the store, I'll buy in bulk and pack and freeze individually. I just picked up 10 porterhouses the other day for $4/lb and froze them all. Works great for marinading, sous vide and just saving portions of food. It's amazing how much longer stuff lasts in the fridge when it's vacuum sealed. We throw out way less food.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I vacuum pack all kinds of stuff already. I have a Foodsaver and it's just not that great. My dad has had a similar one to this for years now and it works great. Whenever steak or meat is on sale at the store, I'll buy in bulk and pack and freeze individually. I just picked up 10 porterhouses the other day for $4/lb and froze them all. Works great for marinading, sous vide and just saving portions of food. It's amazing how much longer stuff lasts in the fridge when it's vacuum sealed. We throw out way less food.
for some reason i thought you were buying a commercial grade vacuum packager for your business... of course a commercial grade anything is gonna be better than consumer grade.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Wife comes home from dog walk last night, says "I saw two guys beating in a front door down at the end of the street and some big truck backed into the driveway. Is that weird?"

FFS.

Call cops, half of CSDP shows up, they arrest both dudes, tell us "they definitely didn't belong in there", but that's all they would share.

Time to move, maybe.

In other news, Cheeto Ceaușescu is in town, so I will absolutely be avoiding the Broadmoor area today. Daughter turns 12 tomorrow and I have been tasked with smoking a pork shoulder for tacos.

Weighed in under 225 today for the first time in a long time.

Picked up one of these guys and it just showed up yesterday.

That sucks.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
for some reason i thought you were buying a commercial grade vacuum packager for your business... of course a commercial grade anything is gonna be better than consumer grade.
Yea at this point, just personal use for food and kitchen stuff. I go through a lot of bags and the chamber bags are a fraction of the cost of the special Foodsaver bags. They released this new model and had 30% off, along with free shipping (it's 100lbs), so while not exactly cheap, I'll definitely get my money's worth.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yea at this point, just personal use for food and kitchen stuff. I go through a lot of bags and the chamber bags are a fraction of the cost of the special Foodsaver bags. They released this new model and had 30% off, along with free shipping (it's 100lbs), so while not exactly cheap, I'll definitely get my money's worth.
yea i was gonna say, i just googled it that list price on that was over a grand. then again, i just dropped nearly $500 on an espresso machine and am looking at getting an espresso grinder that costs more than that sooooooooo yea. :D

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

So yesterday's Hackathon was pretty fun. A lot of work got done, which is what happens at most places, but here it's an event. They also had an open tqb at a nice joint nearby, but I didn't stay until 4. It was a nice gesture considering I am disposable.

It is odd that while not even part of my job description, in my 3ish months here, I have found and filed more defects than the 2 guys who's job it is to test it. To me it's obvious they do nothing all day, but I am not sure if other folks don't see it, or if they just don't care.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I'm a kitchen gadget nut, so there's that. Yea I think normally it's like $1400. I came really close to buying the old version, but I'm glad I waited. I had looked at the 215 for a long time, but wanted something a bit bigger. They released this new 230 which has quite a bit bigger chamber, but they kept the footprint overall pretty much the same. Came out to about $900. No tax and shipping was included and it came on a pallet. It's also great to pack stuff for camping or backpacking. I've also been making a ton of jerky lately, so plan on packing that.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
My foodsaver gets a lot of use. I love that thing.
There is one in the box in the garage that I am told works and was used at some point. But in the 5 years I've been there, it's just sat. But with just the 2 of us, we don't really buy bulk, so there hasn't been any need.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
There is one in the box in the garage that I am told works and was used at some point. But in the 5 years I've been there, it's just sat. But with just the 2 of us, we don't really buy bulk, so there hasn't been any need.
Buy bulk, food save, defrost as you want to eat foods. Save money. I buy tenderloin by the slab, cut it, seal it, freeze it, then defrost as I want it. It's filet for 60% the px by bulk.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Buy bulk, food save, defrost as you want to eat foods. Save money. I buy tenderloin by the slab, cut it, seal it, freeze it, then defrost as I want it. It's filet for 60% the px by bulk.
I do that now, I just use Ziploc bags. New York strip by the slab at Cash and Carry then cut to desired thickness.

But again, I just suck the air out of the Ziploc. :rofl:

Also this.

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Same here, which is why I decided to go for this. Bags are significantly cheaper and pulls a way tighter vacuum. Giving the Foodsaver to a buddy to try.
all this convo reminds me that we have a NIB meat grinder sitting in our garage that the MIL's boyfriend gave us for Christmas like 10 years ago. He worked in the restaurant supply industry. I need to sell that thing.