Quantcast

☆☆☆●●●¿¿¿¿weds gfmt¿¿¿●●●☆☆☆

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
it is getting really hard not to book tickets for montana in the fall....really fucking hard.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
it is getting really hard not to book tickets for montana in the fall....really fucking hard.
Then don't not do it? :think:

Morning. It looks like the weather forecast completely missed the mark. Instead of rain, we got ice pellets. Instead of 40F, it is 26F out there. They are still saying we get 8-14" of snow tomorrow.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Then don't not do it? :think:

Morning. It looks like the weather forecast completely missed the mark. Instead of rain, we got ice pellets. Instead of 40F, it is 26F out there. They are still saying we get 8-14" of snow tomorrow.
False news was pioneered by Trump supporting meteorologists... true fact from Huffington Post.

Nothing new or exciting for me today but I have decided on my next toy of the month, it will be an ipod swim with fancy earphones. I am not a fan of Apple but there is apparently no competing product that even comes close. So much for fighting the power with my wimpy one man boycott.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Why good morning fellow primates.

Played auto mechanic last night and replaced the thermostat and lost coolant in the wife's car. Get to continue playing auto mechanic and replace the wheel bearing in her car as well. She's a lucky woman.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
The 5-8" of snow we were supposed to get turned into about 3" and some ice. They are saying that we are on track to get some moar tomorrow. I would like that. Riding bikes in the winter is fun, but I also like to do winter sports as well.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Why good morning fellow primates.

Played auto mechanic last night and replaced the thermostat and lost coolant in the wife's car. Get to continue playing auto mechanic and replace the wheel bearing in her car as well. She's a lucky woman.
Do Wheel bearings require shims?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Yesterday's 'best day of the year' type of snow (at Snow King) turned into rain last night. Teton Village closed due to blown down power lines. Gonna work on the fat bike this am...

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Balls. Monarch got 13" overnight. Forecast was for 2-4. Had I but known...... :(

So instead of going skiing I'll be doing the usual household duties. Probably work in a run somewhere around mid-day. Supposed to be freaky warm today, maybe I'll ride a bike instead?.
No, but I was going to put some in there just in case.
Can't be too careful.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Strange to think of my '92 Silverado as being close to "vintage". Replaced the tail light circuits last night, fire it up, hit the lights, nothing. Push the brake pedal, I have brake lights, no running lights. Hit the brakes a few more times and Tada!

I am guessing there is a ground or short issue somewhere, but they worked today!

@Adventurous I still need to do all 4 wheel bearing hubs and all 8 ball joints on my wreck. I decided I won't replace all the various rod ends at this point and when I take it to get aligned, I will see what they think. Kinda cool how they used the same spindle hub front and rear so the parts are the same front and rear (minus steering rods).

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Woke up this morning and attempted to take a shower. Very little water was coming out of the faucet or shower head. Opened the access panel for the pipes for the shower and there was water sprayed all over. Luckily when the water to the shower is turned off it seems that no water is leaking out. However, because of the amount of water that did come out now we have a bunch of dripping water spots in the kitchen ceiling on the 1st floor. Called the insurance company and they're sending out someone this afternoon to assess the damage and repairs. Thank goodness for home owners insurance.

So yeah, today has sucked so far. Happy hump day.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

Thousands of uses!
shims.com, heh

I took Mariko to her 4 year well visit. 5th percentile weight, 10th percentile height. She seems to be doing ok, and didn't like shots as would be expected ("4 shots for being 4 years old!" "meh").

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
For riding shoes to go with flat pedals, are five tens the way to go? does anyone else ride other shoes?
Five Tens are great.
Also check out the specialized 2FO.

edit: as a kid growing up riding in vans, the biggest difference is the stickier rubber and the stiffness in modern mtb shoes.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Five Tens are great.
Also check out the specialized 2FO.

edit: as a kid growing up riding in vans, the biggest difference is the stickier rubber and the stiffness in modern mtb shoes.
This. The sticky soles are VERY nice for flats/pins.

East coast style skiing in your future now? It will eventually freeze, right? :D
Maybe... although we generally get moar snow that covers the wet snow before it turns to ice. I've been skiing out here since the early 90's and have never seen "real" ice. At least not your Eastern quality ice. You guys would laugh at what we consider "icy" out there.