Quantcast

☆☆☆●●●¿¿¿¿weds gfmt¿¿¿●●●☆☆☆

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Inch an hour accumulation supposed to last all day and into the night. Then it is supposed to warm to 40 and stay there for a week. What the fuck

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Hmmmm... I guess it pays to procrastinate.

"Due to a massive wind storm last night, a significant number of power poles along Highway 390 were blown down, causing Teton Village to lose power. This power outage is being addressed by Lower Valley Energy, but the significance of this damage will be impacting Teton Village for up to seven days. Jackson Hole Mountain Resort (JHMR) will not be operating until further notice."

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Trying to figure out what to do now that it's gonna RAIN at all the ski resorts for the next couple days. :mad:
DON'T come here.

From the JHMR website:

Wednesday, February 8th. 10:40 AM UPDATE

Due to a massive wind storm last night, a significant number of power poles along Highway 390 were blown down, causing Teton Village to lose power. This power outage is being addressed by Lower Valley Energy, but the significance of this damage will be impacting Teton Village for up to seven days. Jackson Hole Mountain Resort (JHMR) will not be operating until further notice. All events scheduled for this week and weekend will be canceled, specifically Skijoring and Special Olympics.

Safety is the first concern for JHMR visitors and staff, and JHMR is asking for only specific operational staff come to Teton Village today and request that no unnecessary travel to Teton Village is in effect until further notice. With another weather system coming into the area tonight, there is a winter storm watch in effect for the higher elevations. Warming temperatures could result in possible flooding in the valley, making conditions challenging for many reasons. JHMR is seriously enforcing no uphill travel this week and asks everyone to stay off the mountain. JHMR will be issuing refunds for all visitors, but at this time, we do not have a location to process those refunds. Updates on operations and incident information will be updated as they come in on this page.

Teton Village Fire Department will be providing emergency services throughout this incident, and will be updating hotels and businesses as information comes in. The Jackson Hole Chamber of Commerce and Jackson Hole Central Reservation will be assisting with lodging and travel options for displaced guests.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I know I'm old but for flats there is just no better sole than the traditional Vans. I've also never found a pair of five tens in my size. :(

i've used both vans (when i was a broke college kid) and 5.10's. vans are garbage compared to 5.10s. what size can you never find?

@6thElement 's wife told me she loves her 2FO shoes.
derpalized = kill list.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
i've used both vans (when i was a broke college kid) and 5.10's. vans are garbage compared to 5.10s. what size can you never find?
I'm only a 12 in Vans but the few shops I frequent don't stock large. I no longer have an LBS since moving to the sticks. :(

I have YUGE ankles and high arches, I don't get how a shoe designed for flats can be so revolutionary. I've never had grip issues, so having "special" shoes for flats don't make no sense. But again, I need to try 'em I guess.

While I might eventually get clipless for the CX, I know I will never go clipless for the dirt, so maybe I should just pick up a pair just because.

I will seek some out. For $100, my expectations are at least 100% improvement over my Vans.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I'm only a 12 in Vans but the few shops I frequent don't stock large. I no longer have an LBS since moving to the sticks. :(

I have YUGE ankles and high arches, I don't get how a shoe designed for flats can be so revolutionary. I've never had grip issues, so having "special" shoes for flats don't make no sense. But again, I need to try 'em I guess.

While I might eventually get clipless for the CX, I know I will never go clipless for the dirt, so maybe I should just pick up a pair just because.

I will seek some out. For $100, my expectations are at least 100% improvement over my Vans.
the difference in rubber is actually incredible. its very similar to the stuff they use on their climbing shoes.

also, check their website for closeouts. i got a pair of MTB shoes (spd even) for $20 before. granted they were basically all white, but that was nothing a $7 bottle of black leather dye couldn't fix.

http://www.fiveten.com/us/closeouts/bike

just noticed my el cheapos are still on there, but for $30 now. raven model.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
The navy Freerider looks interesting and is $65. Hmm.

I need to try on a pair to see if 12 or 13.

<edit> REI stocks the,, I will check it out.
Thanks for pointing out that REI stocks them, I see my local one stocks them as well, will have to stop by there later!

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
A fine edit, my brotato
My old ass long defunct LBS carried them, but not in unusually large sizes. I don't go to REI usually because there aren't any close enough for me to care. But if I try some on then just happen to find some on clearance from the company site... :rofl:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
5.10 >>> everything else I've tried, like Giro. 5.10 haz the right mix of grip, stiffness and ride comfort dialed IMO.

I've decided to bury the string of effing bad days with G&Ts tonight. A much welcome snowstorm coming tomorrow, skiing on Friday (no ice this time? :panic:), perhaps a fat ride with Sandwich on Saturday.

Anyone up for a ski trip to Cannon or Sunapee or Friday?

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
5.10s are like wearing bricks on your feet. would.not.bang.again
The Van's like shoe shouldn't be too obtrusive, that was one reason I avoided them in the first place. The originals looked like riding in hiking boots, that works for some folks. But I like to feel my pedal placement.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
@johnbryanpeters - which model? for sure the impacts are a tad big/heavy but i'm a scrawny weakling and vastly prefer them over the freeriders, which are a lot smaller/lighter. been an impact advocate for almost a decade...only complaint is with build quality a few years back where tread separated from toebox. shoegoo fixed that. 10/10, will always bang.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I want a shoe that's in between a DH style like what you guys are talking about and an xc shoe. I think now this segment is referred to Enduro or All Mountain. :rolleyes:

I've been wearing the Keen Springwater for several years. They are freakin boat anchors and require a strip of duck tape over the cleat plate to seal out water. But they are without a doubt the most comfortable mtb shoe I've ever owned, tried on or drooled over. They have a heavy lugged sole which is perfect for walking and doing trail work.

Unfortunately Keen no longer makes them.

I want a shoe that's in between a DH style like what you guys are talking about and an xc shoe. I think now this segment is referred to Enduro or All Mountain. :rolleyes:

I've been wearing the Keen Springwater for several years. They are freakin boat anchors and require a strip of duck tape over the cleat plate to seal out water. But they are without a doubt the most comfortable mtb shoe I've ever owned, tried on or drooled over. They have a heavy lugged sole which is perfect for walking and doing trail work.

Unfortunately Keen no longer makes them.

I don't like anything to seal out water 'cause I want it to be able to drain out when it gets in. In the summer I usually am wearing Shimano DXs.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I don't like anything to seal out water 'cause I want it to be able to drain out when it gets in. In the summer I usually am wearing Shimano DXs.
If you were to step in a puddle up to the cleat you'd have a flooded shoe. One piece of duck tape solved the problem.

There are no words in the English language to accurately describe how much I hate getting my shoes and feet wet while riding.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I got some freeriders, they seem slim enough compared to vans, and hopefully better than the new balance freeriders that they replaced :D