Quantcast

☆☆☆●●●¿¿#mondaywhitepeoplesproblems gfmt¿¿●●●☆☆☆

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Also took the pooch around the hood on the DJ bike again. Not only is she fast (I limit her while she is still growing) but she listens well and paces nicely. I'm just one handing the 22" lead I have her on. It's a little short if I grab the bars, but she did awesome. I know she's a ways off trails, but it looks very promising.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Quick short lunch ride on North Table Mtn., feel pretty fucking good for being a few days out of pneumonia. I love my bike. Time to get my legs back under me for the season. Better late than later. ⭐⭐⭐⭐

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Quick short lunch ride on North Table Mtn., feel pretty fucking good for being a few days out of pneumonia. I love my bike. Time to get my legs back under me for the season. Better late than later. ⭐⭐⭐⭐
You coming for the MT monkeyfest this year?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Cottonwood descent is pretty fun, haven't done it in a while and not often you get a clean run down it.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Nice, dude. People bag on NTM for being lame, but I've found that a double route from the east side (i.e. New Terrain Brewing) that goes up Cottonwood, down Coors Canyon, back up Cottonwood, then down the waterfall to be fairly exciting.

Cottonwood descent is pretty fun, haven't done it in a while and not often you get a clean run down it.
In comparison, I've never until last Friday climbed up what I call Coors Canyon... i.e. North Table Mountain trail CW from the intersection with Cottonwood. Did that for the heck of it as I was riding from my house to Cannonball. I do not recommend it. Many steep. Very rocks.

This climb right here sucks ass.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
In comparison, I've never until last Friday climbed up what I call Coors Canyon... i.e. North Table Mountain trail CW from the intersection with Cottonwood. Did that for the heck of it as I was riding from my house to Cannonball. I do not recommend it. Many steep. Very rocks.

This climb right here sucks ass.
I concur, only ever rode the loop once in that direction and not keen to do it again, no reward for the effort required.

This has been a redneck gym day. I had a pile of soggy 8" x 8" x 8' timbers from an old incompetently built seawall at the camp, moved eleven of them end over end up too damn many stairs to the road, loaded them onto my utility trailer, which drove the car home (note to self: quit overloading the damn trailer).

Then proceeded to unload them all and remove a bunch of 12" galvanized barn nails, then dragged each of them across the road and stickered them up to dry in the old garage.

I am sore in quite a number of places, notably hands, forearms, back, and shoulders.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
This has been a redneck gym day. I had a pile of soggy 8" x 8" x 8' timbers from an old incompetently built seawall at the camp, moved eleven of them end over end up too damn many stairs to the road, loaded them onto my utility trailer, which drove the car home (note to self: quit overloading the damn trailer).

Then proceeded to unload them all and remove a bunch of 12" galvanized barn nails, then dragged each of them across the road and stickered them up to dry in the old garage.

I am sore in quite a number of places, notably hands, forearms, back, and shoulders.
Seriously bad-ass for an old dude.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i say you're wrong, but i'm sure i'm in the minority.
Your example is like my brother in law, making six figures as Associate Principal Flute in the Seattle Symphony. Had he not won that audition he'd still be making $17k in Boise...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
My report from today: Dakota Ridge remains rocky. The new south extension is fun in the first section where it's built out and has the drops, etc. but then it peters out into a goat trail with some sketchy exposure. Red Rocks has some fun sections as always but oh so much grinding climbing on that red dirt... The whole loop at my snails-pace climbing rate took longer than my GoPro had for battery life, but I'll torment everyone with a highly edited video later on tonight, perhaps 5 minutes of highlights.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
My report from today: Dakota Ridge remains rocky. The new south extension is fun in the first section where it's built out and has the drops, etc. but then it peters out into a goat trail with some sketchy exposure. Red Rocks has some fun sections as always but oh so much grinding climbing on that red dirt... The whole loop at my snails-pace climbing rate took longer than my GoPro had for battery life, but I'll torment everyone with a highly edited video later on tonight, perhaps 5 minutes of highlights.
Nice! How long did it take you? Probably a good thing I didn't roll it...

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Keeping in line with the title:

I have an office in a building with a couple of other small "businesses." I swear TFG two of the other guys that have offices here only come to this place to poop. The one dude came in around 9:30, shat his brains out and then left. I didn't realize that he had even been here until the smell hit me. I had to go out and take a walk around the block...after I turned the fan on in the rest room. #Raisedbywolvesinacave

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Drove back from the in laws today. Installed my new DD Agressors when I got home. Install went easier than anticipated, but I'm not sure they are actually properly seated. I guess my shakeout ride will determine that. I might go explore the trails a bit tomorrow...

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Great ride on hero dirt this evening, in upper 60s and not as many bugs as yesterday. Bike feels dialed, air was caught, rocks were flying. Now back to iffy weather for the next two weeks or so.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Nice! How long did it take you? Probably a good thing I didn't roll it...
2.5 hours including the out and back on the new south DR extension. I am teh slow and a half on Red Rocks.

NB: "teh" is intentional here, because Intertubes.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
We really need to ride together, as I, too, am glacially slow. However, my lunch rides need to be ~60 minutes ride time so I can finish the door-to-door in 90 minutes or so.
Where's close to you? I'm taking a bunch of random weekday vacation days off the next few months so am down.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
wife and MIL took 11yo to NY for a few days. i took 7yo to check out a newly-opened local ninja warrior training place for his last day of spring break. it was pretty sweet. i even made it up the tallest of the 3 warped walls :D

now, pickled okra, pizza, stout.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
My wife is awesome for letting me take a night ride at the trails. Also, it is tick season again and one of my dogs rolled in human feces, presumably in an attempt to thwart ticks.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Finally ripped the dead toenail off with a pair of pliers. Outside corner was still attached to viable flesh. A fair amount of epithets and blood spurted out.

Any guitarists looking for a unique pick?