Quantcast

☆☆☆Friday GMT☆☆☆

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
That's what we use in the bug for fire extinguishers. We bought one and then fabircated another.

^ That was one of the first things I saw when seeing if there was anything that would work well off the shelf. I have a specific location/orientation in mind, so it was easier to just design my own.

Wound up getting it 3D printed out of ABS from a place in Westford, coincidentally. Material alone was going to be more than 1/2 the cost of this route. Plus 3D printed enables me to do an otherwise impossibru cinch strap holder, which will be infinitely slicker. Interesting to see how it turns out. Pics upon completion.
Definitely wanna see pictures!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
If I am to ride tomorrow, I must absolutely be home by 10:30 (am) to accommodate my son going to a birthday party then immediately heading out to Montreal for family obligations and coordinating that (2hour) drive with my 3 y.o's nap.

I reached out to a buddy who said he wanted to ride, and he's in, but asked if he could bring along another buddy. Last time I rode with that person, he had like 5 flats and 3 mechanicals... I answered that I'm on a tight schedule, and can't afford to wait around... Buddy 1 said, ok he'll be there solo. Does that make me a dick? (Is this a question I should even be asking on a Ridemonkey that is becoming great again?!)

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
If I am to ride tomorrow, I must absolutely be home by 10:30 (am) to accommodate my son going to a birthday party then immediately heading out to Montreal for family obligations and coordinating that (2hour) drive with my 3 y.o's nap.

I reached out to a buddy who said he wanted to ride, and he's in, but asked if he could bring along another buddy. Last time I rode with that person, he had like 5 flats and 3 mechanicals... I answered that I'm on a tight schedule, and can't afford to wait around... Buddy 1 said, ok he'll be there solo. Does that make me a dick? (Is this a question I should even be asking on a Ridemonkey that is becoming great again?!)
5 flats......who supplied the tubes? That might make the other dude the dick haha.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande

Back in my road biking days those guys were called Freds, you'd read a group ride invite at the LBS and the last line all in upper case would read: "No Freds, you will be dropped." Roadies are bitches that way.

I can understand a flat or two but can get a little annoyed if someone stops the ride to tinker their brakes or drive train.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
The weather here turned out amazing today, had I known that I would have taken my Sugar out for a mud ride! As it is I am meeting a friend at our annual automotive swap meet, I have about 20 sets of oem 60s and 70s side view mirrors that he buys from me, swapping out these mirrors in the day was the first step towards customization. Being a military town it's easy to find original sets that were used on muscle cars, most usually still have their gasgets.

Then tacos because Friday!!!

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Just pull an engine from a wrecked truck.
Assuming its a 4.6/5.4, those should be easy to find from a salvage yard.
We don't have salvage yards here...
We are shopping for a new truck, I will be lucky to get 4k for the Ford. (Whether or NOT the engine is repaired! Looking at a Silverado and a Tundra tonight...

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Spring has sprung!

Highland opening weekend == trails are in a stellar shape.
Remaining items on the todo list for today: 1. figure out if I am joining a group ride tomorrow 2. steak 3. G&Ts

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Spring has sprung!

Highland opening weekend == trails are in a stellar shape.
Remaining items on the todo list for today: 1. figure out if I am joining a group ride tomorrow 2. steak 3. G&Ts
JELLY.

and the oneup is the hitch rack of choice around here. none of my friends are dentists, but it's what gets run b/c it's solid and made here.

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
were they open today? I was there once its like 6-7 hour drive
The season opener was on Wednesday for season pass holders only, it has been open for general public since. Lots of French Canadians staying for an extended weekend, and a bunch of 40-somethings that skipped work like me.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
JELLY.

and the oneup is the hitch rack of choice around here. none of my friends are dentists, but it's what gets run b/c it's solid and made here.
My Thule T2 gave its life to save my car when a semi decided to push me a few hundred yards down the road. Remained loyal when I got the insurance check.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
My Thule T2 gave its life to save my car when a semi decided to push me a few hundred yards down the road. Remained loyal when I got the insurance check.
Plus Sportworks, whose acquisition by Thule led to the T2, is a Seattle company originally, iirc. That's their product on all the regional metro buses (KC Metro, Sound Transit, etc.).

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Plus Sportworks, whose acquisition by Thule led to the T2, is a Seattle company originally, iirc. That's their product on all the regional metro buses (KC Metro, Sound Transit, etc.).
My biggest peeve with the T2 is the frequency of which the ratchet straps get stolen.

Nice, what did you think of the loop?
Challenging and long enough to force me to get my rhythm working in the rocky sections. I enjoyed the hell out of it, missed one short section of what you sent me. I went in and came out Banker Street, so Banker, Plymouth, &c. &c. Got a little lost a couple of times, but not too bad. Spit the master link out of the chain on a climb, which was fun.