Quantcast

☆☆☆Wednesday GMT☆☆☆

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
You couldn't figure out where from the URL?!

(I couldn't, either. Google Image search by image failed miserably, too.)

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Not good I am sure its as dry down there as up here by us. Great for riding and if you are a fire. I was actually planning to head down there this weekend but our friends house is full due to school reunion and some horse race.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
dang. that sucks. rain coming here thurs/fri-hopefully there too.

horse race is prob. foxfields: rich people/UVa students drunkfest.

Yep, Foxfields. There will be enough dudes wearing pastel short shorts and loafers to warrant an air strike.

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Spent the better part of the day replacing the bent spoke from yesterday's ride and didn't have enough time for a proper ride so just ate some greasy fried chicken instead. I may later regret this decision.

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Oh, and I9 included two spokes with the wheel-set. I just couldn't reuse the tape and had to go to an LBS to get some. Get this it wasn't black, it was yellow. Not sure if it rides as cool, but it's what I got.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
indeed. you should regret proprietary spokes, hubs that disintegrate, etc... :D

Had my wheels built up with I-9 hubs and regular spokes by Dave of Speed Dream Wheels. Two years on the wheels and I am disapointed with the hubs. The rest of the wheels however have been bullet proof. Never had to turn a single nipple. Had a stick jam my rear wheel while doing about 18 mph last week. No problems. The man is a fucking artist. Wheels cost the same and weighed the same as what I could have bought from I9.

Had a race wheelset built by him years ago. At the time they were lighter than anything on the market and incredibly durable. 10 years and thousands upon thousands of miles and I never touched the front wheel. The rear wheel lasted a few years until I destroyed the rim nailing a rock. It was never the same after someone else (me) touched the spokes.

I will go back to him for every wheel I ever need as long as he still builds them.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
First group ride of the year was awesome. There was 5-7 of us out there, half in the light and half in the dark.

The trails here are bone dry. Dusty dry.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
@Westy Well, aren't we Mr. Fancy pants with a personal wheel builder. Us peons will have contend with such pawltry off the rack wheels built in a bongshed in the mountains of North Carolina.
Like I said, same price, standard parts. Does require a 15 minute phone call and a week or two of waiting in addition to the shame of a less exclusive looking kit.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
here's who i use. he's the best. i think i paid him in beer.
www.nogaswheels.com
(mr. tiles on here)
Interesting. Would be nice to have a local wheel wizard. Would want to pick their brains. I have done the research and tried to turn it into a science with dial indicators and tensiometers with OK results. I suspect I am missing something in regards to spoke wind-up.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Damn. I'm still stabbing meat-bags in Dallas. I'll be home Sunday night. Please tell me you'll be staying through Monday.

Two days of classes are over. Today we practice. They brought the Orbitron this year and I'm excited to see people ride that beast.
Looks like we're most likely flying out Monday early morning. We wanted to stay later but the afternoon flights are already WAY oversold.