Quantcast

☆☆☆Wednesday GMT☆☆☆

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Today's ride was much more success than yesterday, while still in the mid 90s the wind was sufficient to keep things pleasant. So nice I did the best flow section twice.

I got some of the gear I ordered last week but most of this shipment was winter gear. I was able to use my new back pack but was pretty surprised by the size, it comes in SM, M/L & XLG, you select based on height so I got a M/L. It's the largest bike pack I've ever had and, so far, the most comfortable.

I needed a larger pack because the old one was only good for 120 ounces, long summer rides in the heat need at least 240 - this pack can easily hold 3 bladders plus any gear I will need. Pretty happy so far.

View media item 2905The pack is broad but thin, as packed today it was about 2" deep, can expand to about 5" without deforming.

View media item 2904Pack also has a broad waist belt that is secured with velcro and a clip.

View media item 2906Hold enderpo helmet nicely, again without deforming the pack.

Last edited:

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
My day...... Checked email, did online entries, fed/walked the dogs, removed/packaged fork/brakes to return for servicing/warranty, mailed said forks/brakes, went to see Skeeter (ask me), got gas, visited Alaina to get toys for park yard work tomorrow, went to Wally World, first 2 coats of paint on bedroom door/trim, quick 45min ride for uphill workout, painted second side of door on return, mounted door (don't get funny), and now letting you all know about it.

Is it pizza/beer-o'clock yet????????

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I am beginning to go fast enough down hill that I now see the value of crabon wheels... sometime soon my dentistification will be complete. :)
Yeah, they are great - until you puncture a tire in one rock strike and crack the rim in another one .1s later. :rant:
The damage seems to be fixable. Even if not, I've gotten solid (almost) 3 years out of those rims, will bang again.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I am beginning to go fast enough down hill that I now see the value of crabon wheels... sometime soon my dentistification will be complete. :)
Right now the only thing holding me back from the carbon express is funding. I snagged a set from woody and have been riding xc on them for at least four years, haven't even trued them.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Yeah, they are great - until you puncture a tire in one rock strike and crack the rim in another one .1s later. :rant:
The damage seems to be fixable. Even if not, I've gotten solid (almost) 3 years out of those rims, will bang again.
We don't have rocks here so I be should good.

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Almost ready. tracked down all my fly fishing gear, Kayaks are ready to load onto the campers roof, bikes onto the racks. Clothes ready, food staged. Camper water and propane full, Truck has a full tank of diesel and DEF. Ready to hit the road Friday night, should hit the Tetons Saturday afternoon....9 days of road tripping will be nice.