Quantcast

☆ Monday GMT ☆

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Just picked two completely full 5 gallon buckets of product from the poop factory.
Probably 1 or two more to go. My back yard is honestly a couple hundred square feet. He gets walks and runs every damn day, and poops on all of them. It’s insane.

"Who, ME?"
IMG_20230424_102946_01.jpg

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Docs put me on that in the hospital after my accident and honestly it was the worst part of the entire ordeal. I know everyones chemistry is different and different meds yada yada yada but holy balls was my experince incredibly negative. Plus, that's one of those drugs where people commit suicide trying to come off it. Lexapro, never again 0/10 DO NOT recommend. :fie:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Citalopram kept me up at night from the get-go. Lack of sleep is an absolute no-no for me, on account of the seizure disorder, so I never got a chance to see if/how it helped. I keep thinking about trying a therapist, but finding a good one is a bit of a crap shoot.
My shit sleep saw me see a psychologist who said he couldn't help because my sleep was shit.
He referred my to a psychiatrist who couldn't help because my sleep was shit, haha!
Initially I got given an anti depressant because it supposedly made people sleepy. But it only makes people sleepy at a low dose, I got a full dose, went nuts for the three weeks I was on it and it made my sleep worse.
But, as soon as I stopped taking it I felt the best I had in years, got loads of stuff done, so it sorta worked.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Docs put me on that in the hospital after my accident and honestly it was the worst part of the entire ordeal. I know everyones chemistry is different and different meds yada yada yada but holy balls was my experince incredibly negative. Plus, that's one of those drugs where people commit suicide trying to come off it. Lexapro, never again 0/10 DO NOT recommend. :fie:
How many other meds were you on at the time? Could have been a reaction with one of those

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
I have been dealing with anxiety more as I get older and what you said above is half of my strategy.

First, I remind myself that if no one is gonna die or get hurt bc I dont act right now, it’s not that important.

Second, I actually think about what is the worst possible out come. For example, I have a pretty significant water / rain anxiety. Who the fuck knows why… The possibility of the roof leaking into the house or the shop will wind me up something crazy. I remind myself that the worst case scenario is having to do some repairs, maybe some damaged property. That’s not really a big deal. People deal with that sort of shit all the time…at least that’s what I tell myself. Sometimes it helps…

“cool story, bra”

Also, FTS 11/10.
Once a source of anxiety has been identified, the "worst possible outcome" approach can be effective, depending on the source, I think. One of my biggest sources of anxiety is hypochondria, so the "worst possible outcome" is quite literally death, at least in my mind. If I were OK with dying, it wouldn't be such a big deal. I haven't reached that level of enlightenment, unfortunately.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
My shit sleep saw me see a psychologist who said he couldn't help because my sleep was shit.
He referred my to a psychiatrist who couldn't help because my sleep was shit, haha!
Initially I got given an anti depressant because it supposedly made people sleepy. But it only makes people sleepy at a low dose, I got a full dose, went nuts for the three weeks I was on it and it made my sleep worse.
But, as soon as I stopped taking it I felt the best I had in years, got loads of stuff done, so it sorta worked.
Dealing with sleep issues sucks. I've had some stress-related bouts of sleeplessness over the years, but it's gotten better. A consistent evening/sleep schedule has been the most effective, along with avoiding any stimulating reading/tv/internet in the hours before bed.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Man, Grocery Outlet had the Velveta shells and cheese with bacon for $.99 and my wife made fun of me for grabbing a bunch. I'm telling you, a bowl of that crap with a half dozen Costco nuggets on top and BAM! $5 KFC bowl for $2.

#thisiswhyimfat

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Once a source of anxiety has been identified, the "worst possible outcome" approach can be effective, depending on the source, I think. One of my biggest sources of anxiety is hypochondria, so the "worst possible outcome" is quite literally death, at least in my mind. If I were OK with dying, it wouldn't be such a big deal. I haven't reached that level of enlightenment, unfortunately.
Ah, yeah. My strategy doesn’t seem to be a good one to apply to hypochondria based anxiety or anxiety from an unknown source either... I am a fucking caveman…haha.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Beauty of a ride at Gowdy. I spent the majority of the ride procesing a drunk roadie who wants to sanitize all my mtb trails because he thinks theres too many rocks and no flow. He only texts after 7pm on weekends. He tells me everyone hates my trails because theyre too hard. He just cant ride them because he's a roadie.

He emigrated here from South Africa... acts entitled and is a bully.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Ugh, went over to the neighbour’s place last night for a drink or two and then the rum came out. Didn’t get back until midnight. Somewhat sore head… Luckily today is s public holiday.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Beauty of a ride at Gowdy. I spent the majority of the ride procesing a drunk roadie who wants to sanitize all my mtb trails because he thinks theres too many rocks and no flow. He only texts after 7pm on weekends. He tells me everyone hates my trails because theyre too hard. He just cant ride them because he's a roadie.

Does he have a background in Emerald Mining?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Have you decided to just shank him already?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Returned from hut trip. Felt kinda crappy - not sure if it was altitude or leftover cooties, or maybe a little of all of that.

Skin in Saturday was rough with a full pack. Skiing was good Sunday morning, but the death star turned it manky pretty quickly.

I threw in the towel around 11 and spent the rest of the day coughing and reading.

The ski out today was a fuckin' nightmare. The refrozen crust made turning basically impossible, and the skin track was frozen solid so speed was uncontrollable.

Ugh, went over to the neighbour’s place last night for a drink or two and then the rum came out.
I have a love/hate thing with rum.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Have the land managers made any indication of how they are going to deal with him
They're going to call him and explain that nobody gets to do unsanctioned work out there and one persons opinions will be taken into consideration but doesnt actually mean anything.

This guy has no clue about state lands/federal lands/private lands and all the rules which must be abided by. They'll attempt to explain all that to this foreigner who grew up in an apartheid state...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
They're going to call him and explain that nobody gets to do unsanctioned work out there and one persons opinions will be taken into consideration but doesnt actually mean anything.

This guy has no clue about state lands/federal lands/private lands and all the rules which must be abided by. They'll attempt to explain all that to this foreigner who grew up in an apartheid state...
Keep a running list of what he's done and how long it takes you to fix it in case the land owner wants to go after him for damages

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

Throat punch.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Looks like I *might* be coming through the Yak this summer. Would you be interested in a trail de-sanitization session?
You know, the types of things that would require more than two people to eradicate?
@Westy , you in?

Last edited: