Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I wish I could say the same. People avoid me, as do mosquitos, but ticks f'ing love me.

I am rather happy to no longer be in tick heaven. I have found as many as 20 ticks on me after a ride even after drenching myself in DEET. I often question when I feel like shit all the time whether I am just getting old or if I have some latent tick born disease.
Fucking ticks... :disgust1:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Good morning Monkies! After yesterday's ride I am confident that I can push the giggle pig up anything at between 1 and 1.5 miles per hour. Carey, the guy we rode behind, strava'd it at 18.51 miles, 3802 feet of gain and 5562 feet of loss due to shuttle. Today I will rest...
Carey is good people. You and @Montana rider still being alive is further proof of that, I suppose. You know he didn't always own a proper full suspension bike... homey used to ride a 20" folding bike. On everything. Everywhere. It was bonkers.

climbs like a hardtail ....
morning rides are teh best, even short ones.
Hell yeah hardtail. What did you ride?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
i had this exact problem as a student.

in high school i was doing so-so in algebra 2 (10th grade). my teacher had a conference w/ my parents to discuss concerns, and they had me evaluated by an outside tutor. flew through the stuff he tried that was on the level of my alg 2 class. then kept pushing it. and pushing it. by the time the session was over i was doing college level calculus and he realized i was just bored in class.
Ha, I dropped out. Technically I took the CHSPE at 16 after my Junior year and called it good. :rofl:

I was in Algebra and hated it. After the Navy I finally got to get into real math classes and did much better.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Went climbing again. Tired hands and forearms. Now to do some research-y stuff to justify my nice lifestyle.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
I'ma break today down for you kids.

18.51 miles, 3802 feet of gain and 5562 feet of loss due to shuttle. Today I will rest...
jealous. you suck.

Post work hike, happy hour & dinner were a nice humpday treat. New chica is pretty rad. Woke up with a face full of her hair & her dog sleeping on me. :dirol:
View from the trail by my house.
jealous. you also suck.

Day 1 of solo parenting night down. All flights to Cabo today and tomorrow were cancelled, so my wife ended up re-booking to go to Hawaii with her sisters. I'm off work tomorrow, but my mom is doing me a solid and watching the kids so I can hit the bike park. Then three more days of solo dadding.
jealous. you suck too!

agreed. most other people suck. also bugs.

tree crew is here. they're moving fast .
we need to call one. some trees in our yard be sketchy. but too big for me to be messing with.

I wish I could say the same. People avoid me, as do mosquitos, but ticks f'ing love me.

I am rather happy to no longer be in tick heaven. I have found as many as 20 ticks on me after a ride even after drenching myself in DEET. I often question when I feel like shit all the time whether I am just getting old or if I have some latent tick born disease.
C'ville was bad . . . fields at panorama farms were the worst. However, i found one behind my ear (in the middle of a staff meeting where the Pres/CEO was telling people they were being let go/salary cuts, no less) a few days after a ride maybe 5 years back . . . neck.shoulder glands have always felt achy/swollen since that time, yet despite various tests, nothing found (although I know there are many things we don't know about tick-borne illnesses). TL;DR - fuck ticks

I'm tired.
me too. wanna know why? wife's car alarm (which is just the horn honking) started going off randomly at 3:00 AM last night. key fob cound;t shut it off; had to run down and actually open door/put key in. happened multiple times throughout the rest of the night. tried pulling horn and alarm fuses this AM; no dice. at the dealer now, probably needs some sort of new chip/sensor. this car is gone very soon. looking at gently used highlanders/pilots/maybe outbacks. hrmfffffff.

in better news, shawarma and beer for lunch. working from home. clinging to the hope that family gathering in the mountains this wknd won't be a total washout. if so, at least one day we're going to the pinball/classic video game museum in Ashevegas - all you can play for $15.

phew!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
in better news, shawarma and beer for lunch
I had shawarma with my youngest (4) and wife today. It was nice. it was his first shawarma. he liked it!

ride tonight. should be good, it's nice and cool now.

one more day at my current job. looking forward to the new position.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
I still don't understand how @Montana rider doesn't die with such a wicked narrow handlebar!
And bar ends
And aluminium frame
And SPDs
And 26" wheels
And almost 5 years old with mostly OEM creaky bits

All unrideabru according to Midge (the-FunTired) who spent much of the day selling me on N+1 for this offseason...

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
How did you like Carey's Ibis? :brows:
Pretty bike -- but I'm moar jealous of the motor as I haven't gotten enough miles in (YET) this summer.

Already daydreaming of my annual extend the bike season after first snowfall by driving down to Colorado but thinking about hitting Front Range trails to visit a friend who relocated to Loveland this year instead of Fruita/GJ

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
tree folk have departed. did an excellent job. i mentioned that i happened to see them accidentally drop a tree into the wood pile they just finished stacking which sent a few logs flying into the air. no harm no foul, we all had a good laugh about it. wound up with WAY more firewood than i was expecting, but that's a good thing. to the point that i probably won't have to buy any for winter 18/19. by the time its split, will probably be 3 cords. pics forthcoming.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
All day long, I was operating on the premise that it was Wednesday.

Which, is good because we're closer to Friday than I thought.....

....but bad because I need moar dayz to get all the sh*t done.

Y'all be cool to each other. Tell someone that you love that they are loved.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
tree folk have departed. did an excellent job. i mentioned that i happened to see them accidentally drop a tree into the wood pile they just finished stacking which sent a few logs flying into the air. no harm no foul, we all had a good laugh about it. wound up with WAY more firewood than i was expecting, but that's a good thing. to the point that i probably won't have to buy any for winter 18/19. by the time its split, will probably be 3 cords. pics forthcoming.
IMG_20170831_164548.jpg
IMG_20170831_164509.jpg

You ever see any up there?

I've been in CO 25 years and I've only had 1 tick on me - from walking through sagebrush.

Then again, I've been sitting out on summer evenings on my back deck for 13 years and have only seen probably a dozen mosquitoes.

Insect pests seem to hate it out here. :D
I spend half my life in woods and brush, might wind up with one or two attached ticks in a year. Don't use chemicals.

you have a splitter? cause that a lot of either ax or chainsaw work...
It's fucking white ash. Easy as hell to split with an ax. That said, @jonKranked needs an excuse to stay fat...

Rode up in Stowe today after shopping at a certain microbrewery...

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
No way, do it properly and it's an amazing core work out.

Side note.
Just signed papers to lower my house payment 160 dollars and lower my interest rate to 3%. I will also be able to pay off my credit cards and replenish the savings..... 200 out of pocket and restart the 30 years..... I'm only six months in soooooo. It's a win

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
easy to split or not; great core workout or not...when you've got 2 kids and work fullntime and want what little free time you have for riding and drinking biers...fuck an ax, rent a splitter.