Quantcast

♢◇♢Thursday GMT♢◇♢

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies! Today will be a shortish day for me, I will be on the trail by mid afternoon.
Last year on this day it was 50 degrees and windy - today it will be 65 degrees and and sunny with winds dying down about 4. Awesome. Thanks Obama or whoever is responsible for,global warming this week.

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
pouring rain. probably my wettest commute of the year. good thing it's 50° out. kid got wet, but didn't complain. he's a trooper.

ride last night was good. not the best, but nice. it's so weird to be in shorts in november.

today is a short day at work for me too. have to take the 6 yo to the dentist. this is take 2. last time he wouldn't take the oral sedative so we were sent home. Let's hope it goes better this time. I have lots to do at work, so I shouldn't waste time on teh :monkey:, but I can't start my day without it....

have a good day y'all.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Looks like rain is in the forecast for the rest of this day. Need to decide if I want to get wet and cold or just go home and drink beer.

@StiHacka I have a line on getting some Trillium Brewing beer delivered up to me here in Maine from a relative. Is Congress St IPA their flagship? Or what should I ask them to try and get? I am a large fan of hoppy beers.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. I will be riding today, too: to and from work via the mechanic (replacing a long broken-by-me-hitting-garage mirror housing on wife's car).

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

I feel less poopy today than I did yesterday. When I blow my nose it remains clear for a good 4-5 seconds. Dogs are manic, should probably walk them. It's a fairly nice day out but I will probably remain indoors to work on my catan pieces and drink honey/lemon/bourbon infused tea.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
took the kid to an ENT this morning, he had a long string of ear infections last winter, and it's already started again this fall. Looks like he's gonna have tubes next month.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
@StiHacka I have a line on getting some Trillium Brewing beer delivered up to me here in Maine from a relative. Is Congress St IPA their flagship? Or what should I ask them to try and get? I am a large fan of hoppy beers.
Are you asking them to bring cans or growlers? They usually have less than half dozen beers available and the selection changes from day to day so you likely won't be able to get a specific beer - but you can still point them to a specific beer style. Basically any full-bodied Trillium IPA or DIPA is pretty great. Tell them what alcohol content you prefer - the good ones range from 7% to 9%. I don't think they do "session" IPAs with less alcohol content frequently but I'd stay away from those if you desire the typical Trillium experience. Also, unless you are into experimental things, tell them not to buy beer with grape juice - the Dialed In is overwhelmingly juicy IMHO.

Congress St is great but one of my top favorites is Summer street IPA. Mettle is awesome, Publick House, Scaled Up, Upper Case, Sleeper St - not one is bad. Melcher street gives me a little worse headache. If you like double dry hopped beers, make them bring that - i.e. DDH Summer is heavenly.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Are you asking them to bring cans or growlers? They usually have less than half dozen beers available and the selection changes from day to day so you likely won't be able to get a specific beer - but you can still point them to a specific beer style. Basically any full-bodied Trillium IPA or DIPA is pretty great. Tell them what alcohol content you prefer - the good ones range from 7% to 9%. I don't think they do "session" IPAs with less alcohol content frequently but I'd stay away from those if you desire the typical Trillium experience. Also, unless you are into experimental things, tell them not to buy beer with grape juice - the Dialed In is overwhelmingly juicy IMHO.

Congress St is great but one of my top favorites is Summer street IPA. Mettle is awesome, Publick House, Scaled Up, Upper Case, Sleeper St - not one is bad. Melcher street gives me a little worse headache. If you like double dry hopped beers, make them bring that - i.e. DDH Summer is heavenly.
Thanks for the info. I assume like every other popular craft brewery it is down what they have in cans available that day. I will tell him to go for some IPA and am looking forward to trying it out. Thanks for the info.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Dude who bought my boat called me to say it sunk over the weekend.
He was bringing around the point at sundown to have it hauled for the winter when a rogue wave ripped the windshield, helm and part of the house off, after nearly flipping it over end-over-end (26', very seaworthy boat so it takes serious water for that).
Next wave swamped it leaving them with a 1500' open water swim in the balmy N Atlantics 50* water.
Glad nobody died.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Hi. What's for lunch you ask? Why, I'm riding to the pool to swim. Sunrise is A-Mazing this morning. That is all. Bye

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
He was bringing around the point at sundown to have it hauled for the winter when a rogue wave ripped the windshield, helm and part of the house off, after nearly flipping it over end-over-end (26', very seaworthy boat so it takes serious water for that).
Next wave swamped it leaving them with a 1500' open water swim in the balmy N Atlantics 50* water.
Glad nobody died.
damn.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Also I forgot... good morning Internets! Back at home for a few days of focusing on "work" before heading back to the desert. Or am I heading back to get dessert? :think:

Odd day = White Ranch, Belcher to the tippity top, Mustang -> Maverick -> Longhorn DH.

Time = 3:45 - 4. Earliest I can sneak outta here today.

Unless of course there are some other attractive alternatives.
Sumbitch. Truck is at the mechanic getting new rear axle bearings, won't be done until 4pm I'm told. If that timeframe moves up and I can join, I'll give you a call.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Office antics that make me lol. Email goes out to a bunch of folks letting them know sh!t will go down for patching and if you got issues with that, let IT know. Basic, right? I am now aware sh!t is going down and if I don't want it to or have issues with it, I should let the person telling me this information know.

This is followed by a dozen emails of folks replying to all saying they have no issue with this. This email flood is then followed by a few dozen emails of folks replying to all to be removed from said email thread. Then someone points out (also replying to all in said thread) that maybe if you wish to be removed from the list, you should reply to the sender rather than EVERYONE ON THE LIST.

This of course is then followed by a few more reply all "Please remove me" emails. Why do people use reply all when asking to be removed? Like I as a fellow recipient have the magical power to remove you from the list I would also rather not be on. :rofl:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Glad nobody died.
Was that the old wooden boat??

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Then someone points out (also replying to all in said thread) that maybe if you wish to be removed from the list, you should reply to the sender rather than EVERYONE ON THE LIST.

This of course is then followed by a few more reply all "Please remove me" emails. Why do people use reply all when asking to be removed? Like I as a fellow recipient have the magical power to remove you from the list I would also rather not be on. :rofl:
KILL LIST

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Morning Monkeys.

Office antics that make me lol. Email goes out to a bunch of folks letting them know sh!t will go down for patching and if you got issues with that, let IT know. Basic, right? I am now aware sh!t is going down and if I don't want it to or have issues with it, I should let the person telling me this information know.

This is followed by a dozen emails of folks replying to all saying they have no issue with this. This email flood is then followed by a few dozen emails of folks replying to all to be removed from said email thread. Then someone points out (also replying to all in said thread) that maybe if you wish to be removed from the list, you should reply to the sender rather than EVERYONE ON THE LIST.

Bedlam DL3

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/exchange/2004/04/08/me-too/

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Woke up to workout and body said 'nope', went back to sleep for another 2 hours. I was also called an Ent this morning. This is new for me.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Woke up to workout and body said 'nope', went back to sleep for another 2 hours. I was also called an Ent this morning. This is new for me.
Heh, that's a good one. Were you moving slowly?