Quantcast

♢◇♢Thursday GMT♢◇♢

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Milestone marker for getting old: When you hang with friends and are young, you talk about all the fun things you did that week, or fun plans on the horizon. Old people just bitch about terrible events. I realized I don't often talk to peers and hear "I had the best time doing X." I generally hear about responsibilities, burdens and annoyances.
Fuuu.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I'm devising a new system for measuring my work day. I think a traditional clock isn't the best tool for the job, particularly as a middle manager. I'm now instituting bullshit points. Each assignment and interaction will get a value rating, and once I've endured my quota of points for the day, then I'm done working, regardless of what time I started and what time it is presently.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I'm devising a new system for measuring my work day. I think a traditional clock isn't the best tool for the job, particularly as a middle manager. I'm now instituting bullshit points. Each assignment and interaction will get a value rating, and once I've endured my quota of points for the day, then I'm done working, regardless of what time I started and what time it is presently.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Let me know how to sell that to the executives and I'll be riding mountain bikes in bright daylight 7 days a week.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I sit here with bated breath for Adventurous's Strava log to upload. Will my day-old relative records stand?! I must know, and I will know in perhaps two hours.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Daylight crabon for the win. Plus it's 68 degrees with a 12 MPH wind. In Montana. In November. Fucking wonderful. I'm a quarter hour from hitting the dirt in shorts. In November. :)

Milestone marker for getting old: When you hang with friends and are young, you talk about all the fun things you did that week, or fun plans on the horizon. Old people just bitch about terrible events. I realized I don't often talk to peers and hear "I had the best time doing X." I generally hear about responsibilities, burdens and annoyances.
Fuuu.
Shut up, kid.

Got the switch I needed to complete camper furnace return air project.

Got beerz from Alchemist and Burlington Beer Company.

Got ice for cooler for Virginia trip tomorrow.

Finished camper furnace return air project.

Prepped van for Virginia trip. Prep included beer and a place to sleep.

Now consuming beerz.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Got home tonight and almost decided to not go riding. Decided to go out anyways, knowing that winter is coming and who knows how many more rides there will be.

Still in shorts.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Had a kick ass time on the Giggle Pig this afternoon. I took the go pro and video'd the better parts of the trail in an effort to tempt @Montana rider up for a ride. There were many deer out today, I thought I captured them head on but the chesty does not perform like helmet mount. Also ran into a guy named Henry who is cutting a new trail into near solid rock. He asked me to help on Saturday, I was vaguely committal. May post video later.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Woodchipper is now assembled. Effing chinese manufacturing quality... :rant:
hey now, easy there tiger. i know you've been grumbling about work recently, but let's just take a few deep breaths before you go all fargo on anyone...

hang on, i think i have a proper woodchipper usage gif somewhere. oh yeah, here it is:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
so my 2003 F350 diesel threw the following codes P0261 P0264 P0267 P0273 P0279 P0282 All indicating a faulty FICM Module. code P2614 Bad Camshaft sensor.

Hence the dam thing would not start. $533 in parts $200 for the diagnostics and $300 in labor but I got it back in less than a day and I have zero time or tools to work on it so I was hosed either way. It seems to be running great for now......

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I was thinking maybe Fountainhead Regional Park, since it's an hour short of my destination. Elizabeth Furnace looks even better, 'cause I'd come in on 81, avoiding DC area clusterfuck.
Fountainhead was a fun hour long loop when I used to ride there eight years ago, mtbproject suggests they've added on a few more miles since then.