Quantcast

♤♡◇♧weds gfmt♧◇♡♤

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

More drywall and electrical today.

Wife and I played trash gnomes last night and threw out some stuff the MIL had in her freezer. We got rid of pie crusts with a best by date of 2000. Y2K crusts.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

So after a week of waiting since my in person interview, I finally got an email with the final step. I have been freaking out about it all week scared it would be some complexed exercise in code analysis. Turns out it is a very basic use case for the current website. They have given me until next Tuesday to complete, then have me in to go over my findings and thought process.

I did about a half dozen runs last night in an hour before bed. Now I am way overthinking it. I will develop an overall plan, write up my steps, show my process, and if I am done before lunch today, I will look up Cypress and see if I can automate my tests with the tool they are currently using (that I haven't even looked at yet).

If that isn't enough to land this gig, I might go back to driving a tow truck. :rofl:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Mornin!

More drywall and electrical today.

Wife and I played trash gnomes last night and threw out some stuff the MIL had in her freezer. We got rid of pie crusts with a best by date of 2000. Y2K crusts.
When my folks moved from my childhood home, we emptied the chest freezer that had stuff from the 70's. When we moved mom into the facility, I swear there was stuff in that chest freezer that predated the move!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
When my folks moved from my childhood home, we emptied the chest freezer that had stuff from the 70's. When we moved mom into the facility, I swear there was stuff in that chest freezer that predated the move!
after dealing with all my grandparents stuff, my folks have been actively getting rid of old stuff they had stored away. my mom came across some pictures i drew in preschool. w.t.f.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
after dealing with all my grandparents stuff, my folks have been actively getting rid of old stuff they had stored away. my mom came across some pictures i drew in preschool. w.t.f.
This sounds familiar...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
minneapolis airport....two thumbs up....killing two hours....

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
When my folks moved, I was in the Navy and was out at sea when they said "come get yer shit or it goes in the dumpster". My whole room got trashed. There were 2 skateboard decks and a few paintings I would have saved, but it is just "stuff".

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
[looks at schedule; sees seminar at 11:30am]:think: I should probably prep for that.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
When I'm working I'm either doing outpatient CT/MR; inpatient CT/MR/US; just ultrasound; or (rarely) fluoroscopy. When I'm on outpatient CT/MR, like I am today, I have schedule flexibility--work gets assigned to me, and as long as I get it done all is well.

I took advantage of this to drop my 6.5 year old off at her bus stop. I helmeted her up and then she sat on my commuter bike's rear rack, legs protected from the wheel by my panniers, holding on to me. She enjoyed it, I got a bit more time with her before the school bus came, and I then pedaled lazily into work by 9 AM.

I like this. I was the one who proposed allowing such flexibility, in order to make us feel like we have more autonomy instead of just being cogs in the machine.

(It also was a bit of a proof of concept for whether a midtail or longtail cargo bike would be something my kids would like riding on for school-shuttling purposes. Signs point to yes.)

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
When I'm working I'm either doing outpatient CT/MR; inpatient CT/MR/US; just ultrasound; or (rarely) fluoroscopy. When I'm on outpatient CT/MR, like I am today, I have schedule flexibility--work gets assigned to me, and as long as I get it done all is well.

I took advantage of this to drop my 6.5 year old off at her bus stop. I helmeted her up and then she sat on my commuter bike's rear rack, legs protected from the wheel by my panniers, holding on to me. She enjoyed it, I got a bit more time with her before the school bus came, and I then pedaled lazily into work by 9 AM.

I like this. I was the one who proposed allowing such flexibility, in order to make us feel like we have more autonomy instead of just being cogs in the machine.

(It also was a bit of a proof of concept for whether a midtail or longtail cargo bike would be something my kids would like riding on for school-shuttling purposes. Signs point to yes.)
flexibility is worth more than a raise to me.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
That reminds me that I need to sign up for fewer 5-10 PM shifts in the future, and start buying back my time basically. (They are for extra pay, outside of normal duties.)

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
mornin.
projects keep stacking up faster than, I can tick them off my list. need to start on replacing the flashing on the garage roof, don't have nearly enough wood, need to schedule a chimney sweep, need to harvest what is looking like over a pound of nug...and all i want to do is hike & fish.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
New job was not a huge raise for me (we'll see after bonuses come out), but damn the flexibility! I'm going riding with Haley on Friday because she has the day off school. I'll do my work over Thursday evening and Saturday am.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
New job was not a huge raise for me (we'll see after bonuses come out), but damn the flexibility! I'm going riding with Haley on Friday because she has the day off school. I'll do my work over Thursday evening and Saturday am.
Flexibility is worth less when one's broke-ass Nukeproof sits in the shop for weeks. :D