Quantcast

♪♪♪ farty Friday GMT ♪♪♪

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Woof copious quantities of seafood last night. Working from home this morning, then taking afternoon off for pre Thanksgiving house chores. Espresso and fire first.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Little dog was being a real asshole last night and had me up 3 times during the night. As such, I am dragging a wee bit of ass this morning.

Phone interview at 1030, otherwise, just puttering around doing stuff.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Head hurts. I'm blaming it on the frustration over a simple shipping label change with a customer. This ONE plant wants a different label, sure that's fine. But their documentation says to this, while the global company validation says to do something else. And because management here just wants to bend over and take it from them, I have to find a way to comply to both. Kill list. :banghead:

But at least its friday....

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning!! So going into a marathon, typically you increasingly scale back the running three weeks out from the race. You'd think that would make you feel better and with more energy, but the opposite actually happens. Your body starts to use all its resources to repair itself from the training cycle, and it leaves you feeling tired, sluggish, and weak. I am nine days out from my race and feeling like hell, but it's a good thing. Usually the last five days or so before the race, you start to feel better and are primed to go come race day.

All that being said, I swam a mile before work and felt like I was pulling a fuckin' boat. :dead:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
felt like ass the past few days. showing a guy from work who just started riding some local trails this afternoon. hopefully it will make me feel better not worse. 14yo tests for his black belt in rex kwon do tomorrow. he's super nervous. they test for like 7 hours.

good luck @Adventurous safe travels @jbp where you headed @Dirtrider ?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Good morning!! So going into a marathon, typically you increasingly scale back the running three weeks out from the race. You'd think that would make you feel better and with more energy, but the opposite actually happens. Your body starts to use all its resources to repair itself from the training cycle, and it leaves you feeling tired, sluggish, and weak. I am nine days out from my race and feeling like hell, but it's a good thing. Usually the last five days or so before the race, you start to feel better and are primed to go come race day.

All that being said, I swam a mile before work and felt like I was pulling a fuckin' boat. :dead:
i remember the tapering process for swimming before championships.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO

Have you tried intermittent fasting?

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
where you headed @Dirtrider ?
Florida. Last thanksgiving there before the parents move back to Utah. Wife and me decided to take the bikes and hit Santos, Alifia, and Balm Boyette. Despite it being Florida I'm actually looking foward to upper 70s and something different to ride. Also some offshore fishing.Its all about variety man. Also my buddy is letting us use their Sprinter van, so there's that.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Yesterday I learned that “Jimmies” is a New England expression for chocolate sprinkles. And here I always thought the term referred to testicles.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Surprising amount of snow last night. School was cancelled for the girls, so full house here. Gotta fire up the espresso machine, then off to DMV. Filed police report last night down at the station. I guess this sort of thing happens enough that it is a selectable option in the drop down menu. Fucking crackheads.......

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
:wave:

Surprising amount of snow last night. School was cancelled for the girls, so full house here. Gotta fire up the espresso machine, then off to DMV. Filed police report last night down at the station. I guess this sort of thing happens enough that it is a selectable option in the drop down menu. Fucking crackheads.......
back in college a housemate had the spark plugs stolen from his motorcycle once. apparently they can be used as crack pipes.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Yesterday I learned that “Jimmies” is a New England expression for chocolate sprinkles. And here I always thought the term referred to testicles.
Not anymore, unless you want to be called racist by a woke, albeit misguided, ice cream artist.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Phone interview went well, and the nice lady said she has several positions she's considering me for, so that bodes well. Now I just have to wait until the week after next before I can expect to hear anything back.

In the mean time, the same company has a contract manufacturing position that they want to bring me in to interview for. I'm not 100% sold on the idea of being a long term contractor vs a full time employee.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Time to go fire up the new snow blower shortly that's sat untested since it was delivered just after the last snowstorm a month ago.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Holy hell, looking forward to a short. Lots of stuff to do this weekend trying to get the truck together. Might do a 3 day trip somewhere, who knows.

But this project is making me crazy.