Quantcast

✠✠ 2th dray ✠✠

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
The tenant in the basement is moving out so I have listed the room yesterday. Same he is moving out already as he is a super nice guy. Didn't even stay a year but basement rental will never be a long term goal for anybody.

Taking a day off from the bike and hitting the gym later for some Hans und Franz pump you up action.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Raining pretty hard at the moment, I expect the rest of the day will be more of the same.

I've now spent a ridiculous amount of time making a tiny but intricately shaped piece of trim that will tuck into a corner that nobody will ever notice. But I'll know it's there and can't help but take the time to get it just right.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
More rain. What's this, day 4 of rain?

Supposed to pickup the rain collection barrels on Friday. Watch, guaranteed to be sunny for weeks on end after that. :D

Speaking of which, what's the over/under on three 55 gallon barrels fitting in the back of my VW Golf? :brow:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I just accidentally one of the new Garmin Edge at 30% off, which means I needed to accidentally one for my wife too. Expensive accidentallying.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Slept 9 hours. Win!
Pooped in the desert. Win!
First cloudy sky since we've been on the road. Sure beats the shitty weather in Quebesland.
6 miles climb awaits me.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

So it was early Saturday when I placed 3 orders for the same part. AutoZone ($225), Advanced Auto ($215), and Rock Auto ($55). First thing Monday I got shipping confirmation from Rock Auto coming Wednesday. This morning I got notice from Advanced Auto that it will be here Friday. Still no word from AutoZone and my order number isn't found online (Advanced Auto did the same thing before shipping). If Rock Auto comes through again, I may never buy from anyone (but local NAPA) else.

Having the truck at the house all week has allowed me to get other crap done, too. If only I could have it for like a week once a month, I'd get this bitch done!

Tacos?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Karting with Haley last night. Almost set a new PR for myself but my shoulder hurts like hell now. That was a lot of work, but a fun session. League is next week, not tonight, which is nice tonight but shitty next week.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
So it was early Saturday when I placed 3 orders for the same part. AutoZone ($225), Advanced Auto ($215), and Rock Auto ($55). First thing Monday I got shipping confirmation from Rock Auto coming Wednesday. This morning I got notice from Advanced Auto that it will be here Friday. Still no word from AutoZone and my order number isn't found online (Advanced Auto did the same thing before shipping). If Rock Auto comes through again, I may never buy from anyone (but local NAPA) else.
:stosh:

this is ruining ecommerce

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Morning Monkeys.

Having the truck at the house all week has allowed me to get other crap done, too. If only I could have it for like a week once a month, I'd get this bitch done!

Tacos?
Rock Auto is rock solid and has been into the online orders stuff for years now, I would just go with them.

Wouldn't even bother with the others, unless you need something NOW.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Rock Auto is rock solid and has been into the online orders stuff for years now, I would just go with them.

Wouldn't even bother with the others, unless you need something NOW.
The parts selection is almost overwhelming, but even parts for the Vette from AC Delco could be gotten there for damn cheap. I'm a little worried about the price difference, but the part is supposed to have a lifetime warranty. Realistically it's two straws and a rheostat, so there isn't a ton to fail really. But getting to it to change is a bitch.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Slept 9 hours. Win!
Pooped in the desert. Win!
First cloudy sky since we've been on the road. Sure beats the shitty weather in Quebesland.
6 miles climb awaits me.
I hope you’re hitting the Richfield trails and it’s not windy. If it’s windy it suuucks.

Speaking of wind. Holy hell it’s windy in Appalachia this morning. Nevertheless, I shall go for a ride as trail conditions are primo. Peace out homies!

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The parts selection is almost overwhelming, but even parts for the Vette from AC Delco could be gotten there for damn cheap. I'm a little worried about the price difference, but the part is supposed to have a lifetime warranty. Realistically it's two straws and a rheostat, so there isn't a ton to fail really. But getting to it to change is a bitch.
Lots of part options, but I think thats whats also nice about browsing Rock Auto's site. Its all laid out by the vehicle function and each part has the questionable cheap parts, normal priced parts and premium, all sorted for you. Its so nice and the website may look old, but it is all function.

The only downside of using them is if you have to ship something back, it looks like you're mostly on the hook for shipping.

But if you know what you're ordering, that shouldn't be a problem.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Lots of part options, but I think thats whats also nice about browsing Rock Auto's site. Its all laid out by the vehicle function and each part has the questionable cheap parts, normal priced parts and premium, all sorted for you. Its so nice and the website may look old, but it is all function.

The only downside of using them is if you have to ship something back, it looks like you're mostly on the hook for shipping.

But if you know what you're ordering, that shouldn't be a problem.
Yeah, my issue is I end up buying stuff I never get around to installing and forget to return it in time. The first set of shocks for the truck were way wrong and should have sent them back immediately, but nope. Extra brake pads for the Corvette I no longer own? Yup.

But I agree, browsing on my phone kinda sucks, but I've managed. I only use NAPA in town as the other chains are useless unless I need a bulb or a filter.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Yeah, my issue is I end up buying stuff I never get around to installing and forget to return it in time. The first set of shocks for the truck were way wrong and should have sent them back immediately, but nope. Extra brake pads for the Corvette I no longer own? Yup.

But I agree, browsing on my phone kinda sucks, but I've managed. I only use NAPA in town as the other chains are useless unless I need a bulb or a filter.
Maybe thats a common problem. I have a ball joint for a Mazda 3, that I haven't had since like 2015. Why am I dragging that around? I also have a sway bar link or something for the Toyota that I just got rid of - I've had that part sitting on the shelf for years, from when I replaced the struts.

Your brake pads should be pretty easy to sell on ebay or something though?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Retail therapy has been lit.
Got some new patio furniture for the new patio
Got some new sneakers for soccer and loungin', plus a cold weather jersey.
Alibayexpress shit is trickling in. Got a saddle mount for my varia plus an extension arm, plus MOAR SUNGLASSES. I should start a thread.

This weekend is looking nice for a ride. Trails may be soggy but the road is always roady. Hopefully the rest of my weird chinese shit comes in so I can finish the build.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
More rain. What's this, day 4 of rain?

Supposed to pickup the rain collection barrels on Friday. Watch, guaranteed to be sunny for weeks on end after that. :D

Speaking of which, what's the over/under on three 55 gallon barrels fitting in the back of my VW Golf? :brow:
I fit 12 in my f150 last fall. 7 in the bed and 5 in the back seat of the cab. You have roof rack and bungee cords or ratchet straps?

Resized_20221017_143705.jpeg

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Maybe thats a common problem. I have a ball joint for a Mazda 3, that I haven't had since like 2015. Why am I dragging that around? I also have a sway bar link or something for the Toyota that I just got rid of - I've had that part sitting on the shelf for years, from when I replaced the struts.

Your brake pads should be pretty easy to sell on ebay or something though?
Yeah, maybe. I have ball joints as well, damn. :rofl:

It's like Starbucks gift cards. How many millions of dollars are spent on uninstalled parts from Rock Auto?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
eye dr.; making double batch of thai tenderloin salad to sit and marinate before dinner, then into work. have to stay a bit late for tours, but will have delicious thai tenderloin salad when i get home. might or might not be drinking a breakfast stout as i grill...hey, it's before noon, amirite?

probably a local ride tomorrow then hit the hills either thursday or friday.