Quantcast

❍︎♏︎⧫︎♒︎ Meth Wednesday GMT ❍︎♏︎⧫︎♒︎

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
So my doctor told me yesterday my meds are not working properly and essentially I'm behaving like I was high on amfetamines (I don't get why people take them. I have too much energy to channel it into anything outside of killing myself in the gym). Also finally normal weather is here. It was 18-20C for 2 weeks. In Poland. Still will probably do some teaching the GF riding on pumptracks. Also, this Monday the GF is going on a w 3 week holiday so I will probably be going out more than usual. That and training flips more. Doing a half cork flip on a trampoline is confusing as shit.

Also finally paid for everything in regards to Lousa WC. GF wants to see downhill live. I'm not going to object to such a good plan.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
meth wednesday? I just started binge watching breaking bad while icing my nuggets. Ironic

I'm here, time to turn down the counter offer and tell all my homies that I won't be at the holiday party

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Negative 4 freedums outside. I think I'll remain indoors and shovel snow later when there's more freedum available.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Prepping the garage tonight for Halloween. We will serve pizza to the kids in the hood. We are doing all we can to get the Danes to embrace Halloween. We live on the bay so I have purchased a Bay Watch costume and still have to figure out how to keep warm. I have a plan of using the costume next summer when the life guards are back on the beach and go down and ask them if they need any help :-)

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
meth wednesday? I just started binge watching breaking bad while icing my nuggets. Ironic

I'm here, time to turn down the counter offer and tell all my homies that I won't be at the holiday party
Well it's meth Wednesday for me. My prescribed drugs hit me hard.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Prepping the garage tonight for Halloween. We will serve pizza to the kids in the hood. We are doing all we can to get the Danes to embrace Halloween. We live on the bay so I have purchased a Bay Watch costume and still have to figure out how to keep warm. I have a plan of using the costume next summer when the life guards are back on the beach and go down and ask them if they need any help :-)
Just start dealing mushrooms on a very large scale. Halloween *can* be very enjoyable that way.
Or not.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Haley's school is closed today but my client schools are not. In theory have an appt at one of the mountain schools, so I need to figure out what to do with her during that time period. If that gets cancelled, which I'm betting it will, my entire week will be cancelled except 2 hours Friday which might be scaled down to a 1 hour presentation if I answer their questions during the presentation.

USAA was pushing back really hard on Wifey's accident yesterday until I mentioned that I a dashcam of it and the woman got a lot more "well shit" into her voice. She was pretty stressed that the member left and came back with another car, given we have the ability to file a hit & run at any point still. She asked about 6 times whether we filed a hit and run.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
USAA was pushing back really hard on Wifey's accident yesterday until I mentioned that I a dashcam of it and the woman got a lot more "well shit" into her voice. She was pretty stressed that the member left and came back with another car, given we have the ability to file a hit & run at any point still. She asked about 6 times whether we filed a hit and run.
:popcorn:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I was "watching" The Blues Brothers the other day (more like had it on for background noise while doing stuff), and I asked Alexa to explain the Cheez-Whiz reference in the movie. Alexa did not know, but she recommended I use something called the "fart app." So I googled what the hell that was, and I honestly don't know how Alexa making fart noises is going to help in answering that question.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

So video interview today and if they still like me, I get to retake that crazy ass test to see if I can guess the same twice in a row? Not sure, since the "personality assessment" was based on feeling, how would I know how I felt on Monday as compared to Thursday? I would say my outlook could be good due to being close to Friday, or it could be worse due to awful week. Either way, I am not a fan.

What I don't get is my ex co-worker who has also applied says he didn't do an assessment, let alone 2. So either he is full of shit, or they don't feel a need to assess.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I was "watching" The Blues Brothers the other day (more like had it on for background noise while doing stuff), and I asked Alexa to explain the Cheez-Whiz reference in the movie. Alexa did not know, but she recommended I use something called the "fart app." So I googled what the hell that was, and I honestly don't know how Alexa making fart noises is going to help in answering that question.
As a nerd and lover of technology, I refuse to even talk into the cable remote.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
So video interview today and if they still like me, I get to retake that crazy ass test to see if I can guess the same twice in a row? Not sure, since the "personality assessment" was based on feeling, how would I know how I felt on Monday as compared to Thursday? I would say my outlook could be good due to being close to Friday, or it could be worse due to awful week. Either way, I am not a fan.
They want to see how good you are at faking it and how much you can be pushed around. I know you want a job but I would just move on, this is bullshit.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
We live on the bay so I have purchased a Bay Watch costume
I'm impressed that you can fill out Pamela's suit. You must be working out, Claus.

my ex co-worker who has also applied says he didn't do an assessment
They have you flagged as high risk! RUN

I have not eaten for 62 hours or so, and I do not feel high on anything. I feel fine.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I was "watching" The Blues Brothers the other day (more like had it on for background noise while doing stuff), and I asked Alexa to explain the Cheez-Whiz reference in the movie.
did you google

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
@I Are Baboon your blues brothers post got me curious about the cheez whiz thing. did some sleuthing. in the directors cut there was a deleted scene that sorta explains it. apparently Elwood worked at a propellant factory making aerosol cans, and in the deleted scene he's shown stealing a can from the line before he goes and resigns. we can assume the pilferage has been an on-going occurrence, as there were other instances in the film where he seemingly randomly has various aerosol cans readily available.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
@I Are Baboon your blues brothers post got me curious about the cheez whiz thing. did some sleuthing. in the directors cut there was a deleted scene that sorta explains it. apparently Elwood worked at a propellant factory making aerosol cans, and in the deleted scene he's shown stealing a can from the line before he goes and resigns. we can assume the pilferage has been an on-going occurrence, as there were other instances in the film where he seemingly randomly has various aerosol cans readily available.

Fascinating. The can he steals is plain and has no label. The can he tosses to the old man at the table is a finished product. I don't like this inconsistency!!

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
I assume your bug out stuff is packed?

Stay safe man.
Never unpacked haha

We shall see how this goes, couple people from work are in the mandatory evac area and it keeps growing. Luckily I'm like the 8th poorest guy in Thousand Oaks and live pretty far from any hills and haven't been under mandatory evac through any of the fires, but they're a real PITA anyway.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Woke up to news about fires so I called into work. Turns out things are fine around here, but I have been told that only I can prevent forest fires so Imma gonna go ride in the woods and make sure nothing is burning.