Quantcast

⟨✓⟩ thursing GMT ⟨∆⟩

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Man I hate people sometimes. I'm trying to give away about $500 worth of building supplies for free and getting someone who says they are going to show up actually show up is turning into a giant debacle.

Got a phone interview this morning for a position thats a stretch and not entirely within my wheelhouse, but the commute would be awesome and it's a good company. So long as the people are nice and the job is interesting, perhaps that makes it worth the leap.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Meh. Chilly and my coffee sucked this morning. I don’t know why people in the office don’t put enough in the coffee maker. “Oh I don’t like it strong..blah blah” well then drink fucking tea. Coffee is meant to be tasted not just look like dirty water. Time to get my private coffee/espresso maker hooked back up in my office so I can make a proper cup.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I declined my invitation to tonight's work project go-live celebration party. Bossman asked why I wasn't going. I told him I don't want to. I've wasted enough of my personal time on that damn project.

I ran five miles before work. 15 degrees outside. I was fine except for my face. My jaw got particularly cold. That's about as cold as my runs will get until springtime arrives.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Meh. Chilly and my coffee sucked this morning. I don’t know why people in the office don’t put enough in the coffee maker. “Oh I don’t like it strong..blah blah” well then drink fucking tea. Coffee is meant to be tasted not just look like dirty water. Time to get my private coffee/espresso maker hooked back up in my office so I can make a proper cup.
You're not wrong.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I'm trying to give away about $500 worth of building supplies for free and getting someone who says they are going to show up actually show up is turning into a giant debacle.
If you don't ascribe a value to something, people tend to not give a shit because you're basically are saying it's worthless.
Try a listing like $500 of drywall for just $175 I bet people will be more responsive as they don't want to miss a 'deal'.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
If you don't ascribe a value to something, people tend to not give a shit because you're basically are saying it's worthless.
Try a listing like $500 of drywall for just $175 I bet people will be more responsive as they don't want to miss a 'deal'.
Perhaps I'll do that then. We are talking 10 or so 24' long i-joists. $50 a piece IIRC, so a good pickup for someone.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Another snowy day. No big deal for the guy in his Audi R8 plowing through the snow. Or the person in the Lamborghini Urus who cut me off on the freeway last night.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
denver people....go to the hi dive tonight and see jp harris....it might be the best show you see all year...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Portland has been dry 12 of the last 14 days, this is not a good sign. November is usually pretty wet, so they are saying Winter will be wicked cold and likely snowy. Portland doesn't do well with snow, could be interesting.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I declined my invitation to tonight's work project go-live celebration party. Bossman asked why I wasn't going. I told him I don't want to. I've wasted enough of my personal time on that damn project.

I ran five miles before work. 15 degrees outside. I was fine except for my face. My jaw got particularly cold. That's about as cold as my runs will get until springtime arrives.
might I suggest a nice layer of protective, insulating body fat? it's easy, anyone can do it.

Randomshot

Monkey
Mar 12, 2009
Ft. Collins
Mornin!

Man I hate people sometimes. I'm trying to give away about $500 worth of building supplies for free and getting someone who says they are going to show up actually show up is turning into a giant debacle
List it on facebook marketplace. Ive done this with building/landscaping materials and theyre always gone in an hour or two

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
chicago people....what the fuck is malort?

interesting descriptions....
20191114_103434.jpg

also....

malort....these pants won't shit themselves...

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
it's a magical awful schnaps with a fabled history. you'll find it behind any old bar in the old country, and the PBR hip crowd has given it a new life.

ps those quotes :rofl:
LULZ: "Filed to: Holy Crap WTF?"

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I am 40 hours into my fast thus far. Haven't died yet. Will update you all if I do

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
moar snow. this is almost unheard of for early november. Yesterday it was almost -8°F on the bike in to work...

Otherwise, it's meet the teacher night tonight. I should have enough time to go out for a night-fat-ride afterwards, but I just can't muster up the motivation. I'd rather stay home and talk to my wife about how the kids are doing in school. Oh wait...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I hate Microsoft Teams. The fuck is the point of it?
:stupid:

Just started "using" it here last week. Was told "the bulk of communication goes through Teams". We have like 8 "teams" I am in, every question I have asked has gone unanswered and resulted in an email exchange.