Quantcast

⟨✓⟩ thursing GMT ⟨∆⟩

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I hate it, I've never liked "messaging" apps in the work environment. Call me or send me an email. Don't make me back-and-forth typing where it could be resolved in 2 minutes on the phone.

I also kill-list the ability to @ someones name in emails, just send the damn email to me.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I hate it, I've never liked "messaging" apps in the work environment. Call me or send me an email. Don't make me back-and-forth typing where it could be resolved in 2 minutes on the phone.

I also kill-list the ability to @ someones name in emails, just send the damn email to me.
we use skype for instant messaging as well as voice calls. it's actually kinda nice for business applications

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
:stupid:

Just started "using" it here last week. Was told "the bulk of communication goes through Teams". We have like 8 "teams" I am in, every question I have asked has gone unanswered and resulted in an email exchange.
Sounds like it's working! :p

I hate it, I've never liked "messaging" apps in the work environment. Call me or send me an email.
OK, Boomer. :p

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
we use skype for instant messaging as well as voice calls. it's actually kinda nice for business applications
Yeah Skype is simple and it works. And shit, if the other person's status is "jonkranked is typing..." for 5 minutes, that's when you pull the plug and hit that call button.

But with Teams, holy shit, where does it all go and where is the organization? It's just adding another layer of confusion onto Sharepoint and creating a messy dumping grounds for people to do shit in.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Yeah Skype is simple and it works. And shit, if the other person's status is "jonkranked is typing..." for 5 minutes, that's when you pull the plug and hit that call button.

But with Teams, holy shit, where does it all go and where is the organization? It's just adding another layer of confusion onto Sharepoint and creating a messy dumping grounds for people to do shit in.
SharePoint, where information goes to get lost.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

There is a wiki and a "files" location in one of my "rooms". It's awful.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
There is a wiki and a "files" location in one of my "rooms". It's awful.
There is a sharepoint app you can add to teams. I wonder if you can add the sharepoint library used by your Teams thing and loop it into itself. Maybe that'll break it for good.

Also related, not even shitting, I just got an email from Microsoft for a feedback survey. :tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
whereas I had one big whole grain rolled oats pancake with a single fried egg on top.
also have not died yet.
science! boomshakalaka.
whereas i stopped at cracker barrel on the way home from dinosaur jr in atlanta and had sourdough french toast....a glass of orange juice....bacon.....a glass of chocolate milk and the healthiest morning constitutional this side of the mississippi.....

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
44 hours into my fast. I think I shall break it by eating some beef tomorrow for dinner. Wife has green chile hamburgers planned, and who needs buns? (Friday shall also see some half-Japanese ribeyes arrive, each to be grilled in turn another day.)

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
That looks delicious, even accounting for me not having eaten in 44.25 hours. That reminds me that some day I should go back to the local churrascaria when fasted, and eat a ton of their meat. Mmmmm

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
whereas i stopped at cracker barrel on the way home from dinosaur jr in atlanta and had sourdough french toast....a glass of orange juice....bacon.....a glass of chocolate milk and the healthiest morning constitutional this side of the mississippi.....
I didn't know grown folks still drank chocolate milk.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
That looks delicious, even accounting for me not having eaten in 44.25 hours. That reminds me that some day I should go back to the local churrascaria when fasted, and eat a ton of their meat. Mmmmm
damn. almost 2 days?
Me & the lady are going veggie for the week & I honestly think a veggie diet is harder than fasting. You can eat but you never feel full. When I fast, after a certain point I am not hungry.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
damn. almost 2 days?
Me & the lady are going veggie for the week & I honestly think a veggie diet is harder than fasting. You can eat but you never feel full. When I fast, after a certain point I am not hungry.
Going to go to 72 hours this one just arbitrarily. My longest was a few weeks ago, at 98 hours. 4 days and 2 hours more yet.

I'm with you on the not feeling full with just veggies bit. My advice would be to FTS and eat some meat.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
hardest I've ever bonked was pedaling back to the south side of Mooob after teh Whole Chimichanga.
then we passed some ladies closing up their roadside peach stand and one yells "free peaches, guys?"

saved me, they did.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
hardest I've ever bonked was pedaling back to the south side of Mooob after teh Whole Chimichanga.
then we passed some ladies closing up their roadside peach stand and one yells "free peaches, guys?"

saved me, they did.
I recall some Margarita shot blocks also saving you after 2/3 of a whole burrito.

Maybe you should save some of that shuttle banana for later in the ride? :D

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Had one of the best road rides of the season today, despite hitting the asphalt at over 25mph on a hairpin turn with gravel on it. Got up, fixed my chain, and still got my third fastest time on that segment. Came home to a bonus, the bike I ordered that the rep said wouldn’t be available until March shipped today. Most excellent!

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
y u go to shatlanta to hear whinosaur jr when you could see them here this weekend?

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
i suggest you seek out promised land chocolate milk.....
My colon is very much the fraction of Jew I am. I would be bloated & have stinky farts for 48 hours with just 8oz. I would love a banana milk shake from sonic and may be what I request on my death bed because it would literally kill me. :dead:

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Going to go to 72 hours this one just arbitrarily. My longest was a few weeks ago, at 98 hours. 4 days and 2 hours more yet.

I'm with you on the not feeling full with just veggies bit. My advice would be to FTS and eat some meat.
Ive noticed a difference (positive) in some GI issues (until I ate tofu fuck that). I think I am gonna re-introduce fish this weekend with a big ol' poke bowl.