Quantcast

⬧︎♒︎♓︎⧫︎ Corporate Tuesderp GMT ⬧︎♒︎♓︎⧫︎

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Started the day with hearing "but you're not part of marketing so you can't be part of our marketing talk". Jesus I love corporations. Fuck the fact that I supervised online marketing for years. Now we have a horizontal structure so we can't work in between divisions.

Outside of complaining about my jurb my fermented hot sauce came out bad. The old neighbor above my flat I really like is probably on his last days here so yeah a fun start of the day.

Bright side is I've got tickets for some stupid unknown island to scout it for endurpoo riding. Will have a cheap trip for 3 days and if there are good trails I'll visit with a bike (and no, no trails on trailforks)

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
morning, windstorm forecasted so Pacific Graft & Extortion is going to cut power around the bay area again. Guess I will have the generator all set to fire up.

have to start memorizing the exam sheets for my EMT recert so I do shit in the state mandated test order during the skills test. on Sunday

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Here I am sitting at my desk, staring a 12-14 hour work day in the face. I don't wanna. I did drag my fat ass to the gym for a five mile treadmill run this morning because I did not feel like running in the cold rain.

I started putting together my resume last night, which I haven't done in 20 years, and in all that time I have had one employer. Speaking of work, I've hit the annual 401k limit, so my paycheck went up $600 take home this week. SCORE!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Le work. So much to do this week and so little time.

Is it just me or are the troubleshooting skills of these new young folk in the IT world......ummm lacking and almost non existent? You'd think they'd at least google for common problems and not just shrug and confirm that yep shit is broke'd.

ALSO, work is out of coffee. Fuckkkkkkkkkk.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
It’s gunna rain here!!!! Very exciting stuff for San Diego. It was 90 the last couple days, bring on not summer for a few days.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
today is going to be a four coffee day. I am totally devoid of any energy.

Also, I had to re-learn a winter commuting truth this morning: snow banks hide where the curb is. don't try and wheelie up the curb if you can't see it. I put my front wheel down just before the curb that was running at a 45° angle from me. I put a foot down but had to tuck and roll. into traffic lanes. scared the shit out of myself. good thing there were no vehicles coming.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
If it's in fact sciatica, stretching won't do shit.
Stretch out that neural foramen!
Speaking of work, I've hit the annual 401k limit, so my paycheck went up $600 take home this week. SCORE!
Does that mean they don't match anything for the remaining pay periods?
no there's a cap to how much you can contribute by law.
No, the company contributes based on my wages, not my contribution.
I'm glad IAB is on this. 6th is referring to how some companies will shaft you on the match math if you don't time your contributions to wrap up on the last pay period, or so I've heard.

I also like hitting various IRS-defined limits. I do not like the flip side of this, which is the December to January paycheck transition.

:fancy:

Speaking of other monocle topics I'm on an hour break at the moment, as the person I'm following around today is in a meeting that I cannot attend (for section chiefs only). I'm following him since he's the soon to retire Vice Chair of Informatics for my department, and I'm figuring out whether or not I want to follow in his path and assume his role.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
no there's a cap to how much you can contribute by law.
That sir, is incorrect.
  • Employees can contribute up to $19,000 to their 401(k) plan for 2019.
  • Anyone age 50 or over is eligible for an additional catch-up contribution of $6,000 in 2019
  • Employers can contribute, too, but there's a $56,000 limit on combined employer and employee contributions ($62,000 if eligible for a catch-up contribution).

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I'm glad IAB is on this. 6th is referring to how some companies will shaft you on the match math if you don't time your contributions to wrap up on the last pay period, or so I've heard.
Happens a lot. You only get matches while you are putting money into the plan, so you might not get 100 of your match. Always time your contributions to max at your last check of the year, unless you have confirmed that your employer will continue contributions even if you are not putting money in but have contributed enough to collect your match.

I also like hitting various IRS-defined limits. I do not like the flip side of this, which is the December to January paycheck transition.
Yeah fun!