Quantcast

⬧︎♒︎♓︎⧫︎ Corporate Tuesderp GMT ⬧︎♒︎♓︎⧫︎

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Yeah fun!
Stoney will appreciate this veiled humblebrag: there's FICA, of course, but there's also the IRS total compensation limit to consider. The last few months of the year are very nice, a la Borat.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Did not want to gym this morning. Still managed to gym. Squats and RDLs are a good way to start the day. I'm realizing that even if I feel like shit getting out of bed that I'm usually feeling pretty good when I leave. Friend's bday party at Benihanas grill last night. Kids liked it, but I think I'm getting old and crotchety and would rather have a nice quiet meal than some dude flipping eggs and shrimp around and making the same jokes they've used for the last 20 years every time I've been there.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Did not want to gym this morning. Still managed to gym. Squats and RDLs are a good way to start the day. I'm realizing that even if I feel like shit getting out of bed that I'm usually feeling pretty good when I leave. Friend's bday party at Benihanas grill last night. Kids liked it, but I think I'm getting old and crotchety and would rather have a nice quiet meal than some dude flipping eggs and shrimp around and making the same jokes they've used for the last 20 years every time I've been there.
did someone say benihanas?!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Stoney will appreciate this veiled humblebrag: there's FICA, of course, but there's also the IRS total compensation limit to consider. The last few months of the year are very nice, a la Borat.
I just turn that around to our IRA season and then cash savings time. We only live off the income we had 2 years ago (which I am trying to scale back another 10% annually) and everything else gets funneled away. Mint is your friend.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I just turn that around to our IRA season and then cash savings time. We only live off the income we had 2 years ago (which I am trying to scale back another 10% annually) and everything else gets funneled away. Mint is your friend.
You know this, but I abhor cash drag. Apart from a few small savings accounts that have exactly the amount that pays interest I hold precisely $500.00 above monthly expenses in checking.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Speaking of retirement accounts, I am looking at hotels for the NYC Marathon next year and I may need to cash in my retirement account to afford a two night stay. Holy shit.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Still working my refinance.....

If you guys are buying or refinancing, stay away from Amerihome.

Moving to quicken away from amerihome.

Seems Amerihome is doung absolutely everything they can to postpone the process. We are supposed to be done, but Amerihome refused to generate documents needed. When talking to them, they said the docs wont be generated till january......... lets just say I was on the phone for three hours..... and mentioned lawsuits and how they are violating terms of agreement to my right of refinance....... was ten minutes later and I had all of it.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
yeah buddy. what a fan fucking tastic day this is!
tonight may be a getting sake drunk & binging on The Vikings kinda nite!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Random story: So my brother and I like to give each other the middle finger at inopportune times. A couple of weeks ago I think I hit him with the holy grail. We were in church for a wedding and my brother was a bunch of rows over, and I nailed him as the bride was walking down the aisle. He just happened to catch me in his line of vision, and I threw up the finger. I was so proud. He was so pissed at himself for missing that opportunity.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You know this, but I abhor cash drag. Apart from a few small savings accounts that have exactly the amount that pays interest I hold precisely $500.00 above monthly expenses in checking.
Wifey won't have that. I keep our cash at inflation level savings for the most part, but keep solid cash levels on the assumption of Wifey not working. I can pay the mtge and car payments, she can pay for everything. Cashflow flexibility is key in my house. And 'cash savings' covers all after-tax savings and investments, btw.

what do you about liquidity, say in case of emergency?
Credit cards.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Correct on the prior answers regarding companies stopping to contribute to 401K if you've already maxxed on your side.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
what do you about liquidity, say in case of emergency?
Yup, credit cards. Could access about $3,500 cash immediately in a pinch if really needed, and several months worth in taxable with 4-5 days’ lead time. Figure most everything can be addressed by credit card with ~1 mo float as a result.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I don't enjoy new Belgium beer, and not withstanding they being one of the biggest small breweries, you can't blame them for selling especially being so generous to their staff.
Dilly dilly, I say.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
I don't enjoy new Belgium beer, and not withstanding they being one of the biggest small breweries, you can't blame them for selling especially being so generous to their staff.
Dilly dilly, I say.
their ashevegas outpost is one of my least favorite breweries to go to. the clientele is a mix of clueless tourists and 35yo preppy ex-frat boys in pink polo shirts. and the only beer of theirs that's decent is 1554.