Quantcast

0887/)( it's finally over Friday#&&$7748

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
So what’s the AC separation imply in terms of Whistler riding, @stoney ?
I'd say tread lightly. I had a grade 3 AC separation two summers ago and the shoulder still feels wonky some days (but totally solid). It'd be pretty easy to hurt it again riding a bike....

If I remember correctly I did mine at end of July or beginning of August and didn't touch a bike until September and that was just the cross bike. By January it was good enough for Pisgah riding.

Sleeping with that injury sucked so much. As did reaching for anything up high for a while after. :(

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I can sort of relate, as I got really bad tendinosis of my left supraspinatus (mimicking a supraspinatus rotator cuff muscle tear) after crashing last summer at Vail. Even reaching to shoulder height, like for tapping in the code at my precious local car wash, was quite painful indeed.

Once I got an MR showing it wasn’t actually a tear I went on steady Aleve for a few weeks and eventually it got better. I do recall taking it easy for several weeks with regard to bike riding.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So what’s the AC separation imply in terms of Whistler riding, @stoney ?
He said 4-6 weeks full recovery from crash. I told him Whistler in 2, which he said as long as I'm feeling okay and don't crash again I should be fine, but he doesn't recommend it, obviously.

So bring the bike and full armor, plai it by ear.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
working from the canyon today. that makes me happy. bogus week, work-wise.
tgif amirite

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Happy Friday, holy hell. Got a phone interview Tuesday with the "Director of Aviation Technology" who is also a co-founder and the hiring manager for the drone automation gig. It's a 30 minute feel out, hope for the best.

Hot Sauce Expo tomorrow, that is all.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
speaking of which ... can you see any smoke coming from Deer Creek?
Could see it just down the road from our house as we came back from a ride yesterday. Wasn't quite sure where it was, glad to know it was that far away and even more glad it's hopefully now contained.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
He said 4-6 weeks full recovery from crash. I told him Whistler in 2, which he said as long as I'm feeling okay and don't crash again I should be fine, but he doesn't recommend it, obviously.

So bring the bike and full armor, plai it by ear.
/tries to recall riding with @stoney without a crash occurring...

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
too many crashes to keep track of.
I'm talking about his elegant dismount into sharp rocks in the middle of Chimney.

stoney: post up the pic of your gut? it's an impressive palette of colors!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
M sale fell through. Couple issues I wasn't aware of that he didn't want to deal with. Now on my fix list (cost depending vs. reducing car px) for it.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Rather attractive, nice young nurse is assisting my Ortho this morning. I think I've crossed into creepy old man threshold, at least in my head.
shit son....you are barely in your 30's i bet....

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
2 hours to service all the pivots on my trail bike, didn't have any spare shock reducers to swap those. But I think the pivot service has hopefully got rid of the play I'd developed.