Quantcast

10 months to build, 10 days to destroy...

biker3

Turbo Monkey
T-Pirate said:
Wow...you're a real shredder aren't you? Are you seriously calling ME narrow-minded when I just wrote a freakin paragraph about being tolerant of all types of riding, regardless of your own feelings regarding them? I never said anything about what you ride, only used my lack of interest in those arenas of our sport as an example of NOT hating on other people for what they like to do. Like it or not, your sport is going in this direction. I'll pass on the trip bud, not sure you'd enjoy my company anyway. Well if you wanna see some singletrack pics I just posted some in the lounge.
Holy ****, best avatar ever. This is too damn rich.

Taz

Monkey
Sep 22, 2001
Granite, lots of granite
I am frankly marveled. 11 f'king pages of bullsh1t. This a new record? And in only like three days!! Wow, talk about a ton of wasted time by some people.

Rock on Andrew, build more stuff! Maybe you can come visit some of the stuff we have here in GA some day. Also I will be up your way a lot this year. You and Bkquill need to get together, being you guys are both in G-vegas.

J

JRB

Taz said:
I am frankly marveled. 11 f'king pages of bullsh1t. This a new record? And in only like three days!! Wow, talk about a ton of wasted time by some people.

Rock on Andrew, build more stuff! Maybe you can come visit some of the stuff we have here in GA some day. Also I will be up your way a lot this year. You and Bkquill need to get together, being you guys are both in G-vegas.
You missed R3spect didn't you??? :D

I agree that there are some idiots though. :think:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
justsomeguy said:
Are you naive, unobservant, or just plain confused?
If you haven't figured it out yet, loco lives in his own tiny little bizarre world. He is lucid some of the time but I think he forgets to take his medication a lot.

J

JRB

Westy said:
If you haven't figured it out yet, loco lives in his own tiny little bizarre world. He is lucid some of the time but I think he forgets to take his medication a lot.
Heaven forbid someone say something nice about the kids. I wish they lived around here, so I could ride with them.

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
loco said:
Heaven forbid someone say something nice about the kids.
My question was about your "I hope you stay clean, etc." bit in light of their drug use(which should be readliy apparent to anyone who spends the amount of time that you do on RM).

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
jdschall said:
North Carolinians correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there some freeridish trails in the triangle near the RDU airport? Are these legal or not? If they are legal maybe the precedent could help out T-pirate and crew?
Most of the freeridish stuff around us is on "nonsanctioned" trails. There are places that are starting to open up to the idea of jumps, and ladders, but still nothing that pushes the envelope by any stretch of the imagination. We do have some good stuff stashed around here though. Its actually interesting because the presense of some stunts and jump trails has actually been the impetus that has allowed us to get our foot in the door as far as getting land for legit stuff. Basically our arguement is "if you don't provide a legal place for this, it will happen anyway, in illegal locations, with no oversite as to quality of building, etc." Don't get me wrong, we're not giving ultimatums, but this is the jist of our argument. Another thing is that the core DH/FR guys are at every trail workday we can find. We're usually doing stuff for XC trails, but it has also allowed us to build some relationships and "points" with the powers that be...hopefully these will help us as we pursue legit riding spots. Basically, I could not agree more with Kidwoo's earlier post.

jdschall said:
That said, I understand that it would entail a engaging in a big battle to overcome the redneck mentality you probably encounter in Gville SC that mandates that if you don't play football, basketball, or baseball you are either on drugs or a faggot. Yeah, good luck with that.
Even in the hyper-educated triangle area, there is unbelievable ignorance about the demographics of peope who ride, the impacts of trails on the enviroment, and where the danger/liability actually lies. Cycling advocates in our area spend an unbelievable amount of time educating park staff and the like. So, while we pursue legitimate options, there is also stuff getting built for right now...it won't be there forever, but hey, building is half the fun.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
justsomeguy said:
WHOOOOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick, duck, something just flew over your head!
Bet this guy doesn't find it humorous.

Having been a transportation activist for eight years (working on stopping highway construction), and having a favorable view of my fellow bicyclists as environmentalists, I turned to them to help me campaign to keep bicycles out of natural areas. Was I ever surprised! I discovered that many bicyclists (e.g. many mountain bikers) aren't environmentalists at all, but are simply people who like to bicycle -- in the case of mountain bikers, many of them just use nature, as a kind of playground or outdoor gymnasium! (Of course, there are also hikers, equestrians, and other recreationists who fall into this category.) To my suggestion to keep bikes off of trails in order to protect wildlife, they reacted with hostility! (There is a degree of balkanization among activists, where some transportation activists ignore the needs of wildlife, and some wildlife activists eschew bikes and public transit.)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
while i agree that the humor in the posed-trash photo is hard to grasp (i don't get it myself), i think that invoking mike vandeman is completely ridiculous. the guy is nuts, and has been a nuisance on trails and on usenet for years.

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
Wumpus said:
Bet this guy doesn't find it humorous.
Amazing. You're lending credence to Vandeman, who has done more to help mountain biking in his area than many riders imagine?

Rather than only partially quoting you should include the preceeding pic (have fun sucking them down off the site and then uploading them to photobucket again) and the preceeding sentence as well, for context.

Then find someone who can explain the use of "ironic voice" in writing...

J

JRB

So justsomeguy is Pete Fagerlin??? I just assumed he was an arrogant prick from his site. Good photos, not such a good guy it seems. I love elitists.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Man talk about the damages Mtn bike does to trails and plantlife, Man shift that focus and look at the damage the horses do!!! As far as leaving your trash on the trail, Pick it up, if you want to litter do it in your front yard or your living room. Follow the Ideal.... Pack it in, Pack it out!!!

J

JRB

justsomeguy said:
I see you're still struggling with that insecurity problem.
I see your a dickhead, but I don't think you know me well enough to diagnose me. Oh wait, you are so f*cking good at everything, psychoanalysis over the Internet shouldn't be an issue for you. Whatever, asshole.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
Hey loco, not slamming you here, but look at what you just said about him not knowing you, and he cant diagnose you over the net. Thats what your doing. Dont take things others say so personally!!!

J

JRB

DirtyMike said:
Hey loco, not slamming you here, but look at what you just said about him not knowing you, and he cant diagnose you over the net. Thats what your doing. Dont take things others say so personally!!!
I'm a hypocrite though. It's my MO.

J

JRB

MisterClean said:
Maybe I should be like every other fake POS and get as nose job to go along with a wax job on my arms. That would be almost stylish enough for me to say "Cali".
Well - you may as well look like an asshole too. :think:

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
loco said:
I see your a dickhead, but I don't think you know me well enough to diagnose me. Oh wait, you are so f*cking good at everything, psychoanalysis over the Internet shouldn't be an issue for you. Whatever, asshole.
See previous post re: your insecurity issues. Ratchet them up another notch.

Then you have your latest post.

J

JRB

justsomeguy said:
See previous post re: your insecurity issues. Ratchet them up another notch.

Then you have your latest post.
I think you are just brilliant. I couldn't actually give two sh*ts what you think. There is the latest post. You make hello kitty tolerable.

MisterClean

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
SoCal Supermarket Shelves
DirtyMike said:
Man talk about the damages Mtn bike does to trails and plantlife, Man shift that focus and look at the damage the horses do!!! As far as leaving your trash on the trail, Pick it up, if you want to litter do it in your front yard or your living room. Follow the Ideal.... Pack it in, Pack it out!!!
That photo doesn't look staged, does it?

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
**** i dont know, all i know is the littering is what usually gets a trail shutdown. One time i was out with a group when we came up behind another group, someone from teh first group was tossing his trash on the ground, and one of the guys i was with<Not someone i knew before then> picked up a couple rocks and started tagging the guy. After that the guy throwing the rocks went and picked up the trash

MisterClean

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
SoCal Supermarket Shelves
rideit said:
What has he done to help Mt. Bikers?
Get them to rally? serious Q....
He's so jacked up about mountain bikers, his sheer fanaticism makes other enviros think twice about just how "bad" mountain biking may be for the environment. They don't want to be pigeon-holed with that nutjob. He used to be a muckety muck in the Sierra Club, but got ousted for being a psycho.

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
rideit said:
What has he done to help Mt. Bikers?
Get them to rally? serious Q....
His lunacy (multi-paged rants to officials, heckling voicemails to the same, etc.) has marginalized, by association, many of the folks that he thinks he's helping.

His rabid behavior also makes the less sophisticated members of the MTB community look downright angelic.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
justsomeguy said:
His lunacy (multi-paged rants to officials, heckling voicemails to the same, etc.) has marginalized, by association, many of the folks that he thinks he's helping.

His rabid behavior also makes the less sophisticated members of the MTB community look downright angelic.
I have known of his antics for years...Think we could invite him to join ridemonkey? I think he would be a fun new personality. Spice things up a bit. I am amazed he is still alive, I would have figured either a heart attack or arson would have done him in by now. People need to be more like AnthonyS...:-)rolleyes: )

J

JRB

I occasionally click on a thread when someone is on ignore. I'm not surprised you're not smart enough to work an ignore list though.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Which is worse...a bunch of drunken old men with a huge Infinity and bicycles, or a bunch of stoned teenagers with bicycles...?

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
blue said:
Which is worse...a bunch of drunken old men with a huge Infinity(sic) and bicycles,
Child, your assumptions are making you look like a dolt once again.

It's still not pretty.