Quantcast

$120/barrel crude by Sept...

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Don't let $tinkle's prose throw you off, he's Ron Paul's ghost writer.
but now that he's out of the race, i'm transitioning into the slot for patrick swayze's future ghost writer. should be there in a couple weeks.

BIGHITR

WINNING!
Nov 14, 2007
Maryland, east coast.
Radical foreign countries have already found the way to bring America to it's knees in total financial ruin and kaos. Not by planes into buildings. All it took was raising the rate of light sweet crude over several years by 400%.:hmm:

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Yup your own country's actions had nooooooooothing to do with it.:clapping:

Seriously are you really that dense? :disgust1:

*edit* way to keep your head in the sand...... Stop blaming others for the problems you create. :clue:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
...i just brought home another 600+ rounds of 5.56mm. i may be a rich man when the bottom falls out and my "portfolio" consist of a cache of weapons and ammo instead of worthless stocks ;) :twitch:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Ford Escape Hybrid gets 45mpg.
no, it doesn't: 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid FWD (AWD only lowers the mileage). mileage figures from fueleconomy.gov.

34 city, 30 mpg hwy, 32 combined.

:plthumbsdown:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Yeah, the 10c gas tax seems like a hard sell right now eh Dave?

Personally I couldn't give a ****, my gas bill is $10 per two weeks for my scoot, but I appreciate the effect it would have on the wider economy.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Of course as much as people harp on about the "10cents regional roading tax" the 10 cents is just the theoretical maximum that regional councils are allowed to apply, NOT what WILL be applied. ;)

It pisses me off the way NZ's pseudo media have hooked onto portraying it as a guaranteed 10 cents a litre when it isn't by any means. :rant:

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
:stupid:

You may get better range with the 5.56, but you can't beat the 7.62x51 and many guns accept that ammo :p I have a crate of it
just a little clarification since the 7.62x39 and 7.62x54R are chambered in far fewer models than the 7.62x51 (nato)

but I agree that the madmax era is coming. hoarding ammo and guns are much easier than hoarding gas.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
I Keep my bigger wagon for long trips/load hauling and sh!tty weather days and got a motor bike for most of my getting around.
Fuel bills gone from $60+ a week to about $16!!!! :shocked:
Oh Noes!!!!
.Pit Steelers. has neg repped me for this post!

:rofl: Oh great one I grovel in abject terror of your neg repping powers! :nopity: :rofl:

Plummit

Monkey
Mar 12, 2002
Ah, $120 oil.. the good ole days.... Do I hear $225 oil?
The price of oil is likely to hit 150 dollars (Canadian, US) a barrel by 2010 and soar to 225 dollars a barrel by 2012 as supply becomes increasingly tight, a Canadian bank said Thursday.

The CIBC report says the International Energy Agency's current oil production estimates overstate supply by about nine percent, since it wrongly counts natural gas liquids -- which are not viable for transportation fuel -- in its numbers.

Analyst Jeff Rubin in his report noted accelerating depletion rates in many of the world's largest and most mature oil fields. He estimates oil production will hardly grow at all, with average daily production between now and 2012 rising by barely a million barrels per day.
ETC

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Supply threats that emerged overseas and a weaker dollar sent light, sweet crude for June delivery to a new trading record of $120.21 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange before futures retreated slightly to trade up $3.46 at $119.78.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
It's all good now:

Chrysler Offers $2.99 A Gallon Gas Deal

Chrysler announced Monday an offer that caps the price of gasoline at $2.99 a gallon for three years for people who buy or lease new vehicles from Wednesday through June 2. The offer is based on 12,000 miles of driving per year at the vehicle's rated fuel economy.

"It's a way to give (customers) peace of mind," Steven Landry, executive vice president for North American sales, said in a conference call Monday evening. "We want to get everybody through these challenging times."

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Hahaha

Old gas pumps can't handle ever-rising prices

REARDAN, Wash. (AP) - Mom-and-pop service stations are running into a problem as gasoline marches toward $4 a gallon: Thousands of old-fashioned pumps can't register more than $3.99 on their spinning mechanical dials.

The pumps, throwbacks to a bygone era on the American road, are difficult and expensive to upgrade, and replacing them is often out of the question for station owners who are still just scraping by.

Many of the same pumps can only count up to $99.99 for the total sale, preventing owners of some SUVs, vans, trucks and tractor-trailers to fill their tanks all the way.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
..you could almost hear the money dump out of commodities today.. esp oil.

Where is the money headed? Real estate? Stocks?

hummm...

Oil prices reverse course
Crude prices sink below $122 as natural gas inventories surge and investors take the profits.

Last Updated: May 15, 2008: 1:11 PM EDT

NEW YORK (AP) -- Oil futures gave up earlier gains and fell Thursday, a move analysts attributed to the expiration of options and to a sharp drop in natural gas prices. Retail gas prices, meanwhile, advanced past $3.77 a gallon.

Options let investors bet whether oil prices will rise or fall in the future. Oil prices can fluctuate wildly on days when options expire, analysts said.

Meanwhile, natural gas prices tumbled after the Energy Department said natural gas inventories rose by 93 billion cubic feet last week, more than analysts had expected.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
stocks.
hp just made a bid on eds for $13B & is UP 7% (34eleventy jillion shares) in 3 days.

i mean, there's a big "WTF?" if i ever saw one.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
stocks.
hp just made a bid on eds for $13B & is UP 7% (34eleventy jillion shares) in 3 days.

i mean, there's a big "WTF?" if i ever saw one.
Not a bid. A Done deal. EDS stock shot up, HP dipped briefly, bounced hard and will stabilize a touch above last weeks price.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Oil is $135/bbl today... but is the oil bubble ready to burst?

Signs had been saying yes for the last month or so..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtml?xml=/money/2008/05/22/ccoil122.xml

The perfect storm that has swept oil prices to $132 a barrel may subside over the coming months as rising crude supply from unexpected corners of the world finally comes on stream, just as the global economic downturn begins to bite.

The forces behind the meteoric price rise this spring are slowly receding. Nigeria has boosted output by 200,000 barrels a day (BPD) this month, making up most of the shortfall caused by rebel attacks on pipelines in April.