Quantcast

2009 East Coast DH Season

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
If you guys do another build/ride weekend(s) at platty this year will there be a notice posted either here or on the plattekill website?

We were psyched to go last year but a last minute emergency prevented it. We'd be psyched to help out and ride this year if it's happening.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
If you guys do another build/ride weekend(s) at platty this year will there be a notice posted either here or on the plattekill website?

We were psyched to go last year but a last minute emergency prevented it. We'd be psyched to help out and ride this year if it's happening.
yeah, we are planning on having two possible trail work weekends in April. ill post the dates once we get everything squared away

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast

yes.

Work date(s) is/are tentatively scheduled for April 18-19 and April 25-26, first race and opening weekend May 2-3. Hopefully the weather will cooperate again this year.

In 2008 we had 50+ workers grooming the trails all day on Saturday and ripping down them for free on Sunday. Some even found some time for some :cheers:

OB1

Monkey
The race I'm most looking forward to, is not one of the headliners. Really just a "fun race." But I wont miss it. Clemson has a fun DS course, sick dirt jump area, AND a dh course. It's a fun day of riding no matter what you like. They don't have a ton of elevation to work with. But what they lack in that, they make up for with nice berms, and as of THIS YEAR, some suberb jumps. Just a fun day of riding fo sho.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
After looking at a few more dates for our DH Race at Paris Mt we have set the Date to be Oct. 17th. We will plan to have a Pre Race party again on the night of the 16th. Make plans to attend this race. If you missed it last year, take a look at www.parismountaindh.com. There will only be room for 100 racers so first come first served. Plan to have just as much fun if not more than last year’s race. Pay outs will be bigger and the Prizes will be just as nice!!!!! Updates and Flyers to come your way soon.

Cecil:cheers:

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
May have been asked.... but, It looks like Snowshoe isn't having DS? Looks like dual stunt trials instead
on the race schedule. I was focusing on that series for DS and DH.
Since I am a DS freak I want to hit some races where I can get in DH racing but,
mainly my question is where are the best DS courses that also feature good DH on the Gravity East Series.
Im looking at Wisp - Windham and Platty -heard Laslow is suppose to have a good dual course this year.
Any suggestions- how are the courses usually at Highland or Camelback?
Any other races with DH and killer slalom just not some lamo course.

I like jumpy courses and real DS with sep. lanes. Who has the dopest slalom races on the east coast?

Last edited:

yellowrake

Monkey
Jun 15, 2004
Freeland, Md.
May have been asked.... but, It looks like Snowshoe isn't having DS? Looks like dual stunt trials instead
on the race schedule. I was focusing on that series for DS and DH.
Since I am a DS freak I want to hit some races where I can get in DH racing but,
mainly my question is where are the best DS courses that also feature good DH on the Gravity East Series.
Im looking at Wisp - Windham and Platty -heard Laslow is suppose to have a good dual course this year.
Any suggestions- how are the courses usually at Highland or Camelback?
Any other races with DH and killer slalom just not some lamo course.

I like jumpy courses and real DS with sep. lanes. Who has the dopest slalom races on the east coast?
Wisp will feature one of the best Dual tracks on the Gravity East Series. The Dual event is Y format, slalom on the top half merging into one course for the bottom half. everyone will qualify and it will be single elimination with awards going to the top three finishers in each class. The downhill event will consist of two races, on two different courses and times will be combined to determine winners. Entry fee for the capital cup will include Fri-Mon lift passes. Hope to see you there.

rewster

Monkey
Feb 3, 2007
charlotte nc
Timberline WV put on a hella good time last year. I haven't heard any dates for this season, but Nolan was planning something big fo sho. Nearly as much vert as snowshoe, and much gnarlier terrain.

And keg of good local stout at the finish line....winner all around in my book.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Timberline WV put on a hella good time last year. I haven't heard any dates for this season, but Nolan was planning something big fo sho. Nearly as much vert as snowshoe, and much gnarlier terrain.

And keg of good local stout at the finish line....winner all around in my book.
Sooo... is there slalom at timberline? sounds like a cool event!

Wisp is having two Dh races and a slalom? WOW! a lot going on. I'm picky cause I raced long enough to see it done right!
But, dang hardly no one is doing gravity right where you can race slalom and Dh and compete well at both unless you're freakin' superman.
Snowshoe could do it successfully if they used the skidder slope with the lift running.
Then almost all the Dh racers would do it because they wouldn't have to wear themselves out on slalom before the Big Dh race.

Does Wisp shuttle the slalom? Seems like after a Dh race and slalom practice qualifying and slalom mains one would be exhausted after saturday?

Last edited:

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
Sooo... is there slalom at timberline? sounds like a cool event!

Wisp is having two Dh races and a slalom? WOW! a lot going on. I'm picky cause I raced long enough to see it done right!
But, dang hardly no one is doing gravity right where you can race slalom and Dh and compete well at both unless you're freakin' superman.
Snowshoe could do it successfully if they used the skidder slope with the lift running.
Then almost all the Dh racers would do it because they wouldn't have to wear themselves out on slalom before the Big Dh race.

Does Wisp shuttle the slalom? Seems like after a Dh race and slalom practice qualifying and slalom mains one would be exhausted after saturday?
Wisp for sure shuttles the slalom, practice you have to hike a bike but during qualifying and racing there is a shuttle.