Quantcast

2009 EVIL Revolt: T-minus 10... 9... 8...

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Weird, when I go straight to the last page, following the link from the forum menu, the top two posts don't show up but if I go to page 34 and then to page 35 then they are here...
the server seems to be doing some crazy things the past two days.

or it could be user error

godfather

Chimp
Jul 2, 2009
Have any of you guys riding Revolts ever spent some time on a Canfield Jedi. I'm curious for a comparison. Looking closely at these two bikes and would like to hear from anyone that's been on both.

Jason4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Bellingham
I'm 5'8" and 190lbs and riding a medium Revolt with a 350lbs spring. I think it fits very well. My girlfriend is about 5'3" and felt comfortable on a small but she doesn't have any trail time on one.

JCL

Monkey
Aug 31, 2008
Cheers Jason.

Small Revolt looks to be almost exactly the same size as a medium V-10 so I could probably ride both sizes.

Any other guys on medium/smalls ?

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
I'm 5'11" and am on a Medium and it feel perfect to me. Cockpit is roomy and the WB is around 46" with the set-up I'm running. Not sure about the spring rate since I am on a 2nd Production run frame with the 2010 Fox RC4... still figuring that out.

NOTE: 50mm zero rise stem, 165mm cranks, 710mm wide 35mm rise handlebars, seat nearly centered on post - maybe slightly forward a bit.

...NOW if only I could just get the details worked out... :)

Last edited:

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia
I'm 5' 11" about 160lbs and have a medium with a 300# spring on an RC4. It feels good so far, this weekend will be the real test when I take it on some long rough DH runs in the Rockies.

Does the Revolt's suspension stay fairly neutral during braking? I used to ride a Demo it felt like the suspension would rise when braking and my Sunday felt like it would squat under braking.

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Another batch of frames for the US & Canada has dropped this morning. Black ano is available now. If you have one on hold from your dealer they'll be shipping out in the coming days. If you want one, well get your order in soon :)

ps. Factions are also in this shipment.

-ska todd

Last edited:

dubbed_monk

Chimp
May 2, 2005
Do you have any retailers in NYC? or maybe Demo events on the eastcoast.
I would like to demo one before I made a decision.

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
dubbed - In NYC the guys at Racer's Edge can get you properly sorted! Just drop by or ring them up. For a demo just shoot me a PM and I can arrange to meet up with you at Diablo or one of our other local guys can let you take their rig for a spin.

-ska todd

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Thanks to the Evil crew to let people demo their personal bikes yesterday at the demo day in Black Rock! Sick riding bike, so dialed geometry! Thanks Kevin for letting me ride your bike!

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
That's the very rare Revolt with the Blue Steel look. It has trouble turning left. LOL

-ska todd

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
Is that additional tube under the seatmast new on this run of frames or is that some one off?

That ano looks so sick. kinda reminds me of:

Jason4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Bellingham
The extra tube between the downtube and the seattube was a running change that came out on the last batch of whites and this one of the blacks.

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Is that additional tube under the seatmast new on this run of frames or is that some one off?
Running change. Was in original plan, then removed for aesthetics, then put back for aesthetics.

That ano looks so sick. kinda reminds me of: Robocop pic
Ha! Astrix Ryan said the SAME thing when he saw the gunmetal grey frame at the factory. It's a color I don't think I've ever seen on DH bikes before really.

-ska todd

irilius

Chimp
May 2, 2008
Hi everybody...i don't think i've ever posted (not like i have anything great to offer) - but i've been looking at these revolts for some time now and to make a long story short, my fiance is buying me a frame of choice...so essentially this future frame sybolizes my fidelity...rrriiigghhht.

To those in the know: is that gun metal color readily available? Is it a struggle to get anything but white or black, b/c if so, i'll just get either of those 2 colors. much thanks!

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
...and to make a long story short, my fiance is buying me a frame of choice...so essentially this future frame sybolizes my fidelity...rrriiigghhht.
So your Revolt is sorta like a promise ring or something...whoa nelly...

To those in the know: is that gun metal color readily available? Is it a struggle to get anything but white or black, b/c if so, i'll just get either of those 2 colors. much thanks!
The gunmetal color was done at the last minute as something "cool". The anodizer had it in the tank so we rolled the dice. They are rare right now, not a ton globally. (I think only like four into N America) If everyone digs them they might become a production color the next go around.

unless you get it painted yourself. they only come in anno black of PC'd white
And now gunmetal for the lucky few!

-ska todd

irilius

Chimp
May 2, 2008
thanks for opportunity...basically i get her a rock and she drops on a frame, and not just any frame i might add. i wonder if she'll allow me to bring the rig up to the altar during our vows?

on the colors, meh, i've done skittles when i was bmxing...so i'm much easier on my eyes now, black/white...all good - and from what i've seen from others on this thread you can't go wrong!

godfather

Chimp
Jul 2, 2009
So I just got email confirmation. My medium black ano frame w/RC4 is shipping today! Time to get some parts together I guess. Big thanks to Kevin and Gabe at Evil. Those guys really go out of their way. A great company and group of individuals to deal with!

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
thanks for opportunity...basically i get her a rock and she drops on a frame, and not just any frame i might add. i wonder if she'll allow me to bring the rig up to the altar during our vows?
I think many of us here are jealous...

-ska todd