Quantcast

2009 Monster Energy - Specialized Team Bikes

P.T.W

Monkey
May 6, 2007
christchurch nz
Are those BlackBox cranks i see?
Still looks like an accident in a tubing factory....an accident with a flash paint job(kinda like it tho)

Last edited:

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
few things i noticed. srs+, over an lg1+? maybe production was really that tight and they haven't got them out to even the wc riders.

and that's clearly maxxis tires, you can see the sharpie.

LittleBIGjumP

Monkey
Jul 15, 2006
Gold Coast OZ
Looks good, I am sure it will change over the season......

The blending of Green and Red will, in the end be a squashed frog......

But not in a bad way , a fast way.

Regards,

LBJ:monkeydance:

FarkinRyan

Monkey
Dec 15, 2003
Pemberton, BC
Absolutely stunning bike, disappointed with the photo taken on a slight decline though.

Now the fanboiz won't be able to e-speculate on Sam's preferred seat-tilt until someone sticks it into Photoshop and levels the horizon. Nice going :rolleyes:

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Absolutely stunning bike, disappointed with the photo taken on a slight decline though.

Now the fanboiz won't be able to e-speculate on Sam's preferred seat-tilt until someone sticks it into Photoshop and levels the horizon. Nice going :rolleyes:
"Hey man check it out dude" wow that angle makes him so much fatser...??:shocked:

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
^^
In that picture it also looks like it is using a closed dropout/captured axle and not an open slot dropout like the current Demo 8.

AtTheGates

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
I think Dogboy's right, it does look like no more QR dropouts.

Oh and it also looks like someone else is sponsored by Sharpie Markers this year too.
I don't think they have a tire contract. The Dirt article a few months ago mentioned them testing Specialized tires, but being free to run whatever. I don't have the mag. in front of me to check, I could be wrong.

CountryBoy

Monkey
Nov 10, 2008
Reno, NV
That frame is so sick even with a different paint job. Its going to be hard to decide between the new glory or the new demo this fall.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Judging by the logo sizes and color themes it looks like SPECIALIZED is 80% of the team budget.

I could have sworn the teams bread and butter was MONSTER Energy, no?

Bikes look cool anyways.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
They're going to need a Q-tip sponsor to clean the mud out of that bashguard......

The red is much nicer then the white.
Looks well done for a Demo.

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
Is it just me or are those Maxxis minion DHF's with a little sharpe treatment?

oh my god, no way, holy ****.... sharpied maxxis tires, that's incredible. OH wiat, nope, nevermind :shocked:

seriously, this is probably the 1000th time someone has pointed this out on a WC pro's bike.

has no one realized that 90% of WC racers run maxxis tires regardless of sponsorship? this is nothing new and has been going on for years.

maxxis will always be the unofficial tire of choice. They cut back on $$ support of many teams this year so a lot of teams are without a tire sponsor.... what does maxxis care, they all still run them anyway.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
On the blacked-out logos thing, maybe they're not tring to hide the fact they're running maxxis, but rather doing the same as the Syndicate and not giving free press to a company that's not paying them/supplying them with tyres?

Anyways, their team bikes look awesome - keen to see more info on the blackbox bits too.

Dwdrums00

Monkey
Mar 31, 2007
oh my god, no way, holy ****.... sharpied maxxis tires, that's incredible. OH wiat, nope, nevermind :shocked:

seriously, this is probably the 1000th time someone has pointed this out on a WC pro's bike.

has no one realized that 90% of WC racers run maxxis tires regardless of sponsorship? this is nothing new and has been going on for years.

maxxis will always be the unofficial tire of choice. They cut back on $$ support of many teams this year so a lot of teams are without a tire sponsor.... what does maxxis care, they all still run them anyway.

I have only seen the sharpe trick about twenty times or so....Thanks for the smart A remark, Richard.