Quantcast

2011 Windrock Fall Fest

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
^^
I'm just tweakin ya. I'm a NCSU alum, and we have a freaking parade when we finish 4th in conference (true story). Besides, you rid yourselves of the Kiffin vermin, and your new guy seems to be getting things going in the right direction. And yes, you guys got jobbed against the Heels in the bowl.

woolin

Chimp
Dec 12, 2007
We are going to come up Friday before to help out and possibly the weekend before also.

AndyPav

Chimp
Sep 8, 2010
Columbus GA
looks like i wont be attending this years fall fest. work wont let me go because last time i was released to ride my bike i broke my collar bone...fml. have fun guys!

woolin

Chimp
Dec 12, 2007
looks like i wont be attending this years fall fest. work wont let me go because last time i was released to ride my bike i broke my collar bone...fml. have fun guys!
the man keepin ya down.... Shame on them

headsnap

Chimp
Sep 12, 2011
Yes Pav, you gotta' go!!!

Oct 15... I'm going to try to get a crew to come down from Louisville...

bmxerjosh1, I think I know you from Derby City... do you think there will be some of the Lindsey Wilson coming down for this?

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Got confirmation from Cane Creek, Industry 9, and Specialized Tires that they are on board with raffle items. Now if I can only get a hold of John P at Yeti.

milohead

Monkey
Dec 9, 2008
Johnson City, Tn
Quick reminder, after using my truck to shuttle Fall Fest the last couple years it has taken a huge toll on my rig. 20 bikes and riders is a lot of weight to pull up the mountain all day. If everyone can remember to bring some funds to help ease the cost that would be awesome:thumb: Most have been great about it others kinda use the 5 D's ( dodge, duck, dip, dive, and dodge )

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Dude get a Ford with a stick. My truck had no issues even with 240,000 miles on it. :D

In all seriousness Josh is right, the shuttle rigs do take a lot of abuse from us apes getting in and out of them.

I'd like to get a couple volunteers with trucks to ease the all day use of one or two trucks. At a minimum it needs to be a 3/4 ton diesel with a 2" receiver. If we have 4 trucks that would only be a couple hours of use a piece versus all day. We always split the shuttle donations between the drivers for fuel, oil, wear and tear, etc.

AndyPav

Chimp
Sep 8, 2010
Columbus GA
Check out the Windrock Park campground. They have cabins and tent spots and is really close. :thumb:
due to a weekend at the us open this year, i will not be camping. my legs got destroyed by ants and i vowed to myself that i will never sleep on the ground again

is ANYONE lookin to go that would be enroute from ft benning GA to oliver springs that would need a ride. ill be leaving friday after work, probably around 5 pm ish

get at me.

stoked to see everyone again!

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
As I said they have cabins. As does Windrock Campground on Hoskins Gap Rd. However I bet we get our first freeze by Oct. 15th, which will knock the bugs back.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Dude get a Ford with a stick. My truck had no issues even with 240,000 miles on it. :D

In all seriousness Josh is right, the shuttle rigs do take a lot of abuse from us apes getting in and out of them.

I'd like to get a couple volunteers with trucks to ease the all day use of one or two trucks. At a minimum it needs to be a 3/4 ton diesel with a 2" receiver. If we have 4 trucks that would only be a couple hours of use a piece versus all day. We always split the shuttle donations between the drivers for fuel, oil, wear and tear, etc.
Paging Randy and Clealan....? Where's Brady Owens when you need him?

Mtclimber03

Chimp
Jan 31, 2011
Boone
Can someone clarify the weekend? Is this going to be the weekend of 10/15 or 10/29? Either way look fwd to this event again Its been 2years since I've made it with some Boone Boys.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Oct. 15th

Also, for any folks without DH bikes, we have some some, challenging, XC trails at Windrock. So bring your buddy's without DH bikes.

milohead

Monkey
Dec 9, 2008
Johnson City, Tn
How accessible are the trails by foot (for a photog)? I can't ride anyway, doc says I have to give it 6 months.
Not as good as say Beech, everything you ride you would have to hike and in some spots steep. Not saying you can't do it but if your in a next brace then you may want to think twice. One slip and you may seriously do more damage to yourself.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Not as good as say Beech, everything you ride you would have to hike and in some spots steep. Not saying you can't do it but if your in a next brace then you may want to think twice. One slip and you may seriously do more damage to yourself.
Agreed. I have fallen more walking at Windrock than I have riding.
I fell 3 times weedeating one trail. :rofl:
If he did not have a neck injury, I would say go for it but I don't think I would risk it.

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
Hoping the brace will be off Oct 6, but either way, I will still have to take it easy. Last thing I want is to re-injure something.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Update:

Due to the road conditions on Gravel 2 which services the Windmill trails, our trailer will not be going up there. However since we are not on the same weekend of the ATV Jamboree we aren't restricted to the number of shuttle trucks. So personal shuttles can access the Windmill trails.

Capt. Tom (of Capt. Tom's BBQ) has offered to cook hamburgers and hotdogs with a side of chips in the $4-5 range for us on Saturday. Are you interested?

Can I get a head count of who's coming? If you know how many of your buddy's are coming then post up with a total instead of a bunch of 1s.