Quantcast

2011 World Championships: Champery

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I don't think it's the slop as much as the switchbacks and all the starting and stopping.
Makes sense. I was thinking that with less weight it would be a little easier to change direction with minimal traction - less mass moving in the wrong direction. And of course that would apply to braking too, especially on such a steep track.

Anyway, I'm going about it wrong. I think I will stop trying to figure it out and just remain in awe.

-C-

Monkey
May 27, 2007
I'm pretty sure Danny made the move from a Med to a Large frame this year. Unless he rode a smaller bike for that course, but I highly doubt it.
I'd be amazed if he was on a large, stood in the uplift queue at a national earlier this year he's barely 5'6" on a good day. His bike looked tiny. If anything, he must have gone from an S to an M.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
I'd be amazed if he was on a large, stood in the uplift queue at a national earlier this year he's barely 5'6" on a good day. His bike looked tiny. If anything, he must have gone from an S to an M.
I recall an video where he mentioned that he had gone up frame sizes this year and that it was helping a lot. Maybe he went from a Small to a Med.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
....If memory serves, Nico was a small guy too, for a while over the past decade many courses fit the taller guys like Peaty and Minaar ....
Nope. If anything, I'd describe Nico as average. Not tall, not short, not skinny, not stocky. You wouldn't notice him in a crowd.

Edit: My statement is from the perspective of a 5'10" person standing next to him.

weedkilla

Monkey
Jul 6, 2008
Read an interview recently where nico described himself as weighing "a girls weight" and that he should put on weight. The numbers were small - but without finding the mag I wont try and remember exactly.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Apparently the internet is loving Paige and Warner. I've seen Danny's run on a few blog sites now but it seems the announcing, not the riding is getting all of attention. It was just posted up on Barstool sports, a regional sports/BS fan site with a pretty large following:

CAUTION SOME NSFW CONTENT:
http://philly.barstoolsports.com/around-barstool/if-i-were-king-every-sports-announcer-would-be-british-and-on-cocaine/
There are actually a few threads about the run and Warner/Paige on roadbikereview.com

Weird!

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
For reasons I'd rather not get into (there was some booze involved) I tried to fit into some size 0 girl jeans the other night. At 6', 170lbs, I don't. At all.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
For reasons I'd rather not get into (there was some booze involved) I tried to fit into some size 0 girl jeans the other night. At 6', 170lbs, I don't. At all.
Im 2 inches shorter and at 160-165 I have to buy mens jeans 2-3 sizes to big to fit my legs in. Apparently the anorectics run it all.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Im 2 inches shorter and at 160-165 I have to buy mens jeans 2-3 sizes to big to fit my legs in. Apparently the anorectics run it all.
WTF kind of jeans are you buying?

I'm a nice simple 32-32.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
WTF kind of jeans are you buying?

I'm a nice simple 32-32.
Maybe it is a US/Euro thing but anything in black/gray here is either slim or superslim. The 2nd one would probably being probably skinny jeans for arms because I dont see anyone who walked in his life fitting inside. Im 30-32 waist and If I dont want to go 100$+ I have to go 36-38.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Maybe it is a US/Euro thing but anything in black/gray here is either slim or superslim. The 2nd one would probably being probably skinny jeans for arms because I dont see anyone who walked in his life fitting inside. Im 30-32 waist and If I dont want to go 100$+ I have to go 36-38.

Harp32Wil

Chimp
Sep 8, 2011
It'll be interesting to see where Brosnans time stacks up against the seniors, I'd be willing to put money on it he'll be close to a podium time.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
It'll be interesting to see where Brosnans time stacks up against the seniors, I'd be willing to put money on it he'll be close to a podium time.

I'd be interested to see how long it takes for the banhammer to drop on your spamming ass