Quantcast

2016 speculation thread

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Probably around the same time we get rid of stupid fucking daylight savings. :mad:
Daylight savings is awesome, non daylight saving sucks. I don't give a shit if it is dark when I go to work, I do however do not like it to be dark when I am done with work.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Dem rep says Clinton superdelegates risk primary challenges:
http://thehill.com/video/in-the-news/276350-watch-dem-rep-says-clinton-superdelegates-risk-primary-challenges

Getting scared guys? You're trying to prevent a grassroots uprising and are surprised that by trying to force against what is a clear swelling currently near majority of your party members, you are now under pressure to be booted from office by those same people. Bernie is looking for a political revolution and if he doesn't get the nomination, it sounds like his political revolution will proceed. Feeling the Bern yet?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
http://thehill.com/video/in-the-news/276350-watch-dem-rep-says-clinton-superdelegates-risk-primary-challenges

Getting scared guys? You're trying to prevent a grassroots uprising and are surprised that by trying to force against what is a clear swelling currently near majority of your party members, you are now under pressure to be booted from office by those same people. Bernie is looking for a political revolution and if he doesn't get the nomination, it sounds like his political revolution will proceed. Feeling the Bern yet?
hear that? its democracy working. sorta.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

because at the end of the day democrats will still vote for hillary.

unless you are going to start a "are we witnessing the death of the democratic party thread" ?

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid

You realize something like 1.5 more people have voted for Clinton, right? I'm all for Bernie making sure she can't ignore his agenda but it's not exactly undemocratic.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
You realize something like 1.5 more people have voted for Clinton, right? I'm all for Bernie making sure she can't ignore his agenda but it's not exactly undemocratic.
When did we switch to a national vote? (Not that I'm opposed to it to change the nature of this circus.) Margin of victory in swing states is all that matters with the electoral college.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
*sigh* I know, and I do try not to rant about your internal politics as really I have no say (nor should I) or rather, even less say the the average american citizen ( :p ).
Lord...... lizard people know's NZ's politic's are just as ripe for ranting/pisstaking.
But you're not making it easy for me to shut the fuck up you know. :(

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
would still get elected.
The current speculation is that she mentioned "when I run for president" in one of them before she had announced, with is one of the few 'put a fork in it, you're done' FEC infractions as it is seen as profiteering.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
The current speculation is that she mentioned "when I run for president" in one of them before she had announced, with is one of the few 'put a fork in it, you're done' FEC infractions as it is seen as profiteering.
but her pant suits are made of teflon...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
*sigh* I know, and I do try not to rant about your internal politics as really I have no say (nor should I) or rather, even less say the the average american citizen ( :p ).
Lord...... lizard people know's NZ's politic's are just as ripe for ranting/pisstaking.
But you're not making it easy for me to shut the fuck up you know. :(
i will put it to you this way....if hillary is the best shot at the democrats holding on to the white house.....nothing is going to happen to her.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
so... i had some manner of drunken revelation the other night. here goes...

let's say we live in a crazy world, and trump wins the GOP nomination, and then somehow manages to go on to win the election. (i know, it's a crazy stretch, but bear with me here). based on some of the stuff he's indicated in his campaign, there's a very likely chance he'd get himself impeached, probably within the first year. the GOP can't stand him, so they'd be waiting on a chance to pounce. They'd get Democratic support no problem. From there, he's gone. Impeached and removed from office. (unless he takes the nixon route and quits). From there, the VP should take over, but knowing Trump, whatever asshat he picked as a VP would be implicated as well, and go down with the ship. So Prez Trump and his VP are out. Next in line is speaker of the house, Paul Ryan. Who, as of now, is in the good graces of the GOP.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
A good friends comment on farcebook for you.....

Part of me thinks if the US can't have Bernie Saunders then Trump is a better option that Hillary.

The US political system is like a high functioning alcoholic - just because it mostly turns up to work on time and the cops hardly ever knock on it's door everyone pretends there isn't a problem.

President Trump would be the equivalent of waking up naked in a park and discovering the job and family are both gone. Maybe the US really needs this sort of rude awakening so they can admit they need to make some major changes and sort their shit out properly.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
wife and i were discussing the results of our state last night. both disappointed but not terribly surprised bernie lost.

she however, indicated that if it comes to it, she'd probably vote for trump over clinton. she described clinton as "disgusting".

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
wife and i were discussing the results of our state last night. both disappointed but not terribly surprised bernie lost.

she however, indicated that if it comes to it, she'd probably vote for trump over clinton. she described clinton as "disgusting".

Clinton is far from my first choice, but this isn't a fucking personality contest. Not picking your neighbor or nanny. Considering policy I don't know how anyone in their right mind could pick Trump over Hillary.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
His "foreign policy"speech tonight should be very ... interesting.
Based on his comments last night about building up the military and nuclear war, this will not be subtle.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
His "foreign policy"speech tonight should be very ... interesting.
Based on his comments last night about building up the military and nuclear war, this will not be subtle.
good to know that he'll be violating many international treaties and will go on trial before the hague.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
A good friends comment on farcebook for you.....
While not an entirely inappropriate analogy, it falls apart a little bit when you start talking about handing the park drunk the keys to nuclear weapons.

Clinton is far from my first choice, but this isn't a fucking personality contest. Not picking your neighbor or nanny. Considering policy I don't know how anyone in their right mind could pick Trump over Hillary.
It's worth pointing out that there are third party options. The "Lesser of two evil dichotomy" will never change as long as people continue to participate as if they have no choice.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
While not an entirely inappropriate analogy, it falls apart a little bit when you start talking about handing the park drunk the keys to nuclear weapons.

It's worth pointing out that there are third party options. The "Lesser of two evil dichotomy" will never change as long as people continue to participate as if they have no choice.
Unfortunately, this year especially, I feel it is often necessary to do what it takes to select the most viable option to prevent great stupidity/evil from taking the helm.