Quantcast

2016 speculation thread

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Trump is THE textbook banana republic
Generalisimo... Right from the speech, the style, the scapegoats, the messianic infatuation...

Never thought i'd live to see an El Presidento having a solid chance at the white house

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
my wife is seriously about to have a nervous breakdown. she also didn't think it was funny at all when i told her how excited i was to be made great again. i mean, i was pretty awesome before...JUST IMAGINE!!!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Glad I am childless.

Try splain'n this one to your grandchildren. And use the word splain'n, otherwise they will not be able to understand you.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Hope none of you have an emotional attachment to your 401K's
Tomorrow is going to be a shit show. So glad I'm taking Thursday and Friday off.

I have a $20 bet with a buddy from work. If Trump wins, market is down 15% within 2 weeks. I think I won that bet. Fuck me.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
And i seriously thought the reelection of Bush was the low point, and that was a guy who still somehow worked within the usual political framework and didn't suck up to Putin. Halfway across the world, I can see the results of some of Bush's disastrous decisions everyday, I wonder what the incompetent racist man child is capable of.

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
And i seriously thought the reelection of Bush was the low point, and that was a guy who still somehow worked within the usual political framework and didn't suck up to Putin. Halfway across the world, I can see the results of some of Bush's disastrous decisions everyday, I wonder what the incompetent racist man child is capable of.
I'm not too eager to know... unfortunately we will.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
I'm not too eager to know... unfortunately we will.
Couple that with casting doubt on Nato, a Republican congress, a vacancy in the Supreme Court, complete nutjobs in charge in Russia, Turkey, Belarus and Hungary and right wing nationalists on the rise everywhere... i'm usually no alarmist but i'm not looking forward to the next two decades.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Couple that with casting doubt on Nato, a Republican congress, a vacancy in the Supreme Court, complete nutjobs in charge in Russia, Turkey, Belarus and Hungary and right wing nationalists on the rise everywhere... i'm usually no alarmist but i'm not looking forward to the next two decades.
Ahh hate to break it to you, but the Russians look like sane as fuck genius's compared to the yanks right about now.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Ahh hate to break it to you, but the Russians look like sane as fuck genius's compared to the yanks right about now.
So far, Trump has been all talk and the United States still has strong democratic institutions and a free press, while Putin has hollowed out Russia’s political system into a de facto autocracy and has already annexed part of a sovereign nation.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
This race was a total win for Hillary, and yet she lost it. No one to blame but herself.

Now we're stuck with the best President money can buy and that's some kind of badly scripted, reality TV show president. Yay us.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
A few thoughts about this election:
  1. What. The. Fvck.
  2. I thought Clinton got it. But apparently Americans don't like women (I mean, come on, all the rednecks will never ever vote for a female president).
  3. Bad news about Clinton's history were taken seriously, whereas bad news about Trump made him even stronger. His voters saw them as attempts to harm their candidate.
  4. Populism is rising. That is because the low- and middleclass believes that they get poorer every day (An immigrant, a worker and a banker are sitting at the table with 10 cookies. The banker takes 9 and then tells the worker "watch out, the immigrant is going to steal your cookie".) This mentality helped Trump as he hates elites but at the same time is the living American dream.
  5. I hope Canada can build walls fast, eh.
  6. My mom always told me as a kid, that adults are right and I should not question them. Boy, was she wrong.
  7. I lost faith in the human race. Completely.
  8. Seriously. What. The. Fvck.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
watching morning joe....hillary lost college educated men ...by what margin i forgot....only won college educated women by 6-7....

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
@Pesqueeb - your room is ready dude. Sorry it has come to this.
Thanks brother, I appreciate that. I'll start packing when the wife and kid get up. Also, Drumpf built a rep wall last night.

"You must spread reputation to at least 4 other user(s) before you can give reputation to mykel again."

This race was a total win for Hillary, and yet she lost it. No one to blame but herself.

Now we're stuck with the best President money can buy and that's some kind of badly scripted, reality TV show president. Yay us.
I never thought I'd say this, But N8 is right. This election was for the Dems and/or Hillary to lose, and they followed up big time. I don't think they could have run a worse candidate, they gave the fucking thing away and have nobody to blame but themselves.

https://usuncut.com/politics/bernie-supporters-to-dnc-we-tried-to-warn-you/

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
A few thoughts about this election:
  1. What. The. Fvck.
  2. I thought Clinton got it. But apparently Americans don't like women (I mean, come on, all the rednecks will never ever vote for a female president).
donna brazille gave the debate questions to the wrong democrat.